Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Checks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

"There’s going to be an increased presence of park rangers and gardaí in parks and public places to ensure the physical distancing is being observed. In Ireland since independence, we’ve always had policing by consent, rather than by coercion. I don’t intend for that to change. "

https://www.thejournal.ie/leo-varadkar-gardai-5056341-Mar2020/

My neighbour suggesting keeping a shopping bag, with a few tins of beans & hold that up if you are stopped .

Remember the advice, treat everyone as if they have covid 19.

:)

I thought that the advice was to behave as if YOU had covid 19!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

joe123 wrote: »
    Im in the middle of a house move ( I know great timing ) and the broadband installer is coming Monday.

Where Im currently living and working from home, is a 45 minute drive away. Will there be any issues if I get stopped? I'm thinking not, as all Im doing is literally opening the door for him, waiting in the car untill he has installed and thats it.

I would have thought something like moving house would be considered a valid reason for being out, especially if you were halfway through it at the time of the announcement. Maybe bring evidence of the house move in the form of a letter or some kind of documentation.

I would have thought something like moving house would be considered a valid reason for being out, especially if you were halfway through it at the time of the announcement. Maybe bring evidence of the house move in the form of a letter or some kind of documentation.

depends if you come across a reasonable n'yard or not.

some do like to get the chance to exercise their super-powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Cars have windows which can be seen through from both sides.

Not if you're really cool and have them tinted

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

You will only be asked if they think you are taking the piss.

Most peelers know who all the piss takers are.

If you are a piss taker I would be terrified at this time. Stay at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

The likelihood in a 1 minute interaction of infecting you, is pretty low, they can keep distance to a degree and ask Whatever question they need.

It isn’t like you get infected by being close to someone for a few seconds.

I now this was at the start of the thread but there is no scientific basis to this.

The myth that it takes 15 mins to get infected is based on contact tracing criteria.

Ie if you have covid they would contact trace anyone who you spent 15 mins with as apparently it’s more likely you can catch it.

I mean could spit in your mouth and you may get it or you can breath in my air for an hour you may get it? Who knows? Nobody really.

China wasn’t dousing the streets with bleach for no reason.

Discodog wrote: »
    In that case what's the problem with people out walking ? If the Guard takes your id, license, letter of authority etc & hands it back to you there is real risk. The Guards are interacting with lots of people & won't be able to wash their hands .

They are issues plenty of sterile gloves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Says who ?

it is clear this thing is the most contagious thing we have ever come across.

No its not. Where do people get these notions...

They are issues plenty of sterile gloves

Don't think they are sterile gloves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

glasso wrote: »
    depends if you come across a reasonable n'yard or not.

some do like to get the chance to exercise their super-powers.

I've seen that quite a bit over the last few days. The complete opposite of the friendly approach advocated by Varadkar in his speech on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

No its not. Where do people get these notions...

Well - based on deaths and growth , what have you come across that has closed down the country and has doubled in days ?

People get it from their reality , locked in their house.

Well - based on deaths and growth , what have you come across that has closed down the country and has doubled in days ?

People get it from their reality , locked in their house.

The poster said it is the most contagious thing we have ever come across. Its not.

Don't think they are sterile gloves.

They must assuredly are. Same as the ones used in hospitals or by paramedics.

I'm referring to disposable blue ones in case that's not clear, obviously the black winter gloves aren't sterile

They must assuredly are.

No, they are not.

I've seen that quite a bit over the last few days. The complete opposite of the friendly approach advocated by Varadkar in his speech on Friday.

there is a certain "type" attracted to the profession.

not all, but some and not that rare.

fair enough if someone is taking the piss but a bit of reasonable cop-on "should" also apply.

when the legislation for the fines etc goes through there should be some craic.

No, they are not.

I'll take a picture of the box tomorrow ok?

They must assuredly are. Same as the ones used in hospitals or by paramedics.

I'm referring to disposable blue ones in case that's not clear, obviously the black winter gloves aren't sterile

yes. None of those are sterile.

I'll take a picture of the box tomorrow ok?

What kind of box is it?

What kind of box is it?

I'll check for you tomorrow but similar to these:

https://www.medisave.co.uk/blue-sterile-nitrile-gloves-x-1-pair-small.html

Ok? Take a deep breath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

The poster said it is the most contagious thing we have ever come across. Its not.

Why is society closed down so.

I mean - it stays on surfaces, paper - China was spraying streets.

When have we come across this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

The image on the box gave me a shudder.

Collie D wrote: »
    The image on the box gave me a shudder.

Had many cavity searches????? :)

yeah, that name is misleading. For gloves to be sterile they would have to be individually wrapped in plastic and irradiated. the type that biopharmaceutical companies use when inoculating bioreactors and working in biosafety cabinets. they cost a fortune.
    Any gloves I have seen in hospitals (the green and blue one) are in a box a probably 100/200. Once that box is opened the whole lot are no longer sterile. plus, the box is normally made of cardboard. They couldn't be sterile if thats the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,300 ✭✭✭✭endacl

it is clear this thing is the most contagious thing we have ever come across.

No it’s not. Stupidity is.

From a purely 'most contagious' point, the common cold is worse as is the common flu.

The reason this is so bad is because we could all get it at the same time inundating the system with cases and it is more fatal.

SARS, Smallpox, Mumps, Chicken pox. These are all more contagious. measles is incredibly contagious. The R0 for covid19 is approximately 2.5. For measles its around 18!

yeah, that name is misleading. For gloves to be sterile they would have to be individually wrapped in plastic and irradiated. the type that biopharmaceutical companies use when inoculating bioreactors and working in biosafety cabinets. they cost a fortune.
    Any gloves I have seen in hospitals (the green and blue one) are in a box a probably 100/200. Once that box is opened the whole lot are no longer sterile. plus, the box is normally made of cardboard. They couldn't be sterile if thats the case.

Oh quieten down Mr argument.

The gloves are vacuum packed and have been sterilised. The name is not misleading. These are the gloves used by medical professionals to examine and treat very ill people in infectious and possible contaminated areas. Most labs as well.

Yes, there are non sterile as well. We are issued the sterile or at least now we are. I don't recall reading the box in detail.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_glove

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Had many cavity searches????? :)

Ha. None but it’s a recurring fear I have any time I go through airport security.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Collie D wrote: »
    Ha. None but it’s a recurring fear I have any time I go through airport security.

Just hide your sh1t in your Mrs bag.:pac:

Advertisement