Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Checks

Options

Comments

Yeah I’ve noticed it a lot busier yesterday, like people thought it was all just for the back holiday weekend. Loads more traffic and a good few places back working that shouldn’t be.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Yeah I’ve noticed it a lot busier yesterday, like people thought it was all just for the back holiday weekend. Loads more traffic and a good few places back working that shouldn’t be.

Thanks for the report from anti-social central Reg. I hope you are content knowing that several old and vulnerable people have died because you had tacos with your friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

All the checkpoints in Donegal have slowly disappeared. They weren't even doing it 24hrs a day here during the bank holiday weekend. They would start at 8.30am and then they were gone by 7pm so If you really wanted to go anywhere all you had to do was wait until after 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,327 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Paddygreen wrote:
    Time to come down hard on people out and about for no good reason. The Chinese defeated the virus by hauling people off in the back of anonymous vans and welding people into their apartment buildings. A trip to the shops for a box of fags and a bottle of coke isn't essential.

A shoot on site policy would be good to!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

There seems to be a lot more traffic making local journeys over the last few days. The roads around my way are certainly busier.

Maybe that is because there are 500,000 or more people on the Island collecting their social welfare post office payments? I noticed a huge increase in traffic and people on friday especially, then it goes back to more quiet less traffic on saturday evening.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Advertisement

Paddygreen wrote: »
    Thanks for the report from anti-social central Reg. I hope you are content knowing that several old and vulnerable people have died because you had tacos with your friends.

Have another read there Santos. I worked most of the weekend, I worked yesterday. There’s a lot more people out and about working yesterday than we’re chancing it last week. It’s like people thought once the bank holiday weekend was over they could go back to doing what they wanted. Mouthpiece.

Some here seem to forget that a lot of people have never stopped working at all during this. Pharmaceutical plants and many others are business as usual. There's more traffic about because the long weekend is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Some here seem to forget that a lot of people have never stopped working at all during this. Pharmaceutical plants and many others are business as usual. There's more traffic about because the long weekend is over.

I've been working as normal, traffic is noticeably busier since the weekend compared to previous weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I've been working as normal, traffic is noticeably busier since the weekend compared to previous weeks.

Maybe it might look busier but you can easily view the road traffic stats on the TII website, heres one example of the M50 for the last 2 weeks which is significantly down. Local routes might be a little busier but the M50 is a pretty good example of the reduction in motorway volume.

https://www.nratrafficdata.ie/c2/tfdaysreport.asp?sgid=ZvyVmXU8jBt9PJE$c7UXt6&spid=NRA_000000001506&reportdate=2020-04-01&enddate=2020-04-15

Compare it with a random week in Janaury for example
    https://www.nratrafficdata.ie/c2/tfdaysreport.asp?sgid=ZvyVmXU8jBt9PJE$c7UXt6&spid=NRA_000000001506&reportdate=2020-01-15&enddate=2020-01-22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

Most workers in pharma are working from home apart from staff on the production line.

• Advertisement

Tandey wrote: »
    Most workers in pharma are working from home apart from staff on the production line.

Staff on the production line are a sizeable group. and quite a few departments that are needed in house are in. From what I see it's a minority working at home, not most.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,831 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

keithkk16 wrote: »
    All the checkpoints in Donegal have slowly disappeared. They weren't even doing it 24hrs a day here during the bank holiday weekend. They would start at 8.30am and then they were gone by 7pm so If you really wanted to go anywhere all you had to do was wait until after 7pm.

It shouldn’t need to be policed at all.
    People making needless journeys, shopping unnecessarily and visiting friends are causing sickness and deaths. Selfish people are at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

It shouldn’t need to be policed at all.
    People making needless journeys, shopping unnecessarily and visiting friends are causing sickness and deaths. Selfish people are at fault.

I pray to Bill Gates every night for these disobedient, antisocial people out and about to get tarred, feathered and tazered.I saw one guy buy a half a pound of sausages and a crunchie yesterday, selfish pos.I was going to say something but he sounded like he could be from Finglas or somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,653 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    A shoot on site policy would be good to!

Not only shoot on sight but then put their entire families into forced labour camps in Leitrim and have them sewing masks
    Tandey wrote: »

Yeah it would be pretty hard to work from home if you are in pharma production. That said all the drug dealers are being responsible and working from home, the same cant be said for big pharma

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was Fanacht only over Easter weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,425 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

This lad deserves a prison cell...

"It is alleged he was stopped by gardaí on two occasions over the Easter weekend more than two kilometres from his home, first on Good Friday near Bunclody and again on Easter Monday morning near New Ross in Co Wexford.

Mr Constantine is also charged with three other offences including driving without a licence or insurance while disqualified."

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0415/1130713-covid-charged-break-restrictions/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,569 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

This lad deserves a prison cell... Mr Constantine is also charged with three other offences including driving without a licence or insurance while disqualified."

Should they not have taken the car off him the first time he was stopped... I thought they were doing that now.
    Forget about coronavirus, should never have been allowed to keep driving over that weekend after the first stop!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Doesn't say he was driving the first time, just that he was outside the 2k, may have been on foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Just got stopped by an unmarked car in Knocknacarra Galway. First time since the restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,655 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

First person charged with breaching Covid-19 laws :-

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/coronavirus-man-24-is-first-to-be-charged-under-new-covid-19-laws-1.4229662

then in typical Irish way, you realise he was also charged with driving with no insurance, nor no licence - unbelieble.

• Advertisement

thebaz wrote: »

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/coronavirus-man-24-is-first-to-be-charged-under-new-covid-19-laws-1.4229662

then in typical Irish way, you realise he was also charged with driving with no insurance, nor no licence - unbelieble.

Ha ha- he practically begged to be taken to court driving around with no insurance . He was rightly taking the mick- BT’w what’s “Mick” in Romanian? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Should they not have taken the car off him the first time he was stopped... I thought they were doing that now.
    Forget about coronavirus, should never have been allowed to keep driving over that weekend after the first stop!

They should have called a mobile car crusher!

Discodog wrote: »
    Just got stopped by an unmarked car in Knocknacarra Galway. First time since the restrictions.

I hope you were polite and said “hello car” :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I hope you were polite and said “hello car” :P

Nice unmarked car, nice car nice car.... Down boy down....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,320 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Any update on the female that spat in the guards face?

I suppose death by electric chair is hoping for too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

blade1 wrote: »

Anyone caught doing similar seems to be getting a months jail. Mother's and all. No exceptions. And good enough for the dirty bastards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭corks finest

Says who ?

it is clear this thing is the most contagious thing we have ever come across.

Leprosy was kinda up there aswell I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

blade1 wrote: »

Is it this one?
    https://www.98fm.com/news/woman-arrested-charged-spitting-garda-cabra-1000000?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=article&utm_medium=web

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

pablo128 wrote: »
    Anyone caught doing similar seems to be getting a months jail. Mother's and all. No exceptions. And good enough for the dirty bastards too.

Fella in Cork got two months for it last week..

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Accused-jailed-after-sneezing-into-womans-face-and-then-laughing-Judge-described-it-as-a-vicious-crime-in-current-climate--b9d372ca-38d2-44d0-aeb7-2d1fd0c1146f-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,214 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

thebaz wrote: »

He was about 20km away from home on the first occasion and 40km the second time. You could maybe show some leeway if it was say 5-10km, I'm sure the guards have, but he doesn't deserves any sympathy, driving with no licence or insurance while disqualified. You know well what he'd do if he dinged a parked car and I can imagine what he'd do if it was a more serious accident. Get him off the road for good. He's no respect.

Advertisement