Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights

Options
  • 29-03-2020 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭

Just looking at flight radar. Still lots of passenger flights to and from USA/Europe.

What's going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Like the attached

• Registered Users Posts: 22,300 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Cargo. Medications and supplies. Repatriations. Essential personnel. Airlines moving planes to home base.

Have I forgotten anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

endacl wrote: »
    Cargo. Medications and supplies. Repatriations. Essential personnel. Airlines moving planes to home base.

Have I forgotten anything?

Flights are still going ahead. Just greatly reduced.

Flights are still going ahead. Just greatly reduced.

What happened to the ban on flights from Europe by Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

What happened to the ban on flights from Europe by Trump?

He didn't ban flights.

• Advertisement

He didn't ban flights.

Ok, so explain the passenger planes flying to USA from Europe please

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Repatriation (both directions)?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

US citizens

• Registered Users Posts: 33,364 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Just looking at flight radar. Still lots of passenger flights to and from USA/Europe.

What's going on?

I was wondering that myself.

That said, I live close to an airport where there'd be a plane going over evert 15/30 mins, it's now gotten to the point where I can't remember the last time I say a plane. Certainly wasn't today.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

You can book a seat on the EI flight from Dublin to New York tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

jhegarty wrote: »

And if you're from any EU country you won't be let on the plane - preclearance is in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Seems like they've rerouted the Dublin airport arrivals over the backup runway - so coming in over Clontarf \ Dun Laoghaire rather than Howth... Getting a plane every 30 minutes here in D3.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

Today between 3pm and 4pm 16 flights landed in Dublin. The China flight I understand, but multiple flights from London airports, Edinburgh, Manchester, Lyon, Bordeaux, Frankfurt, Amsterdam and a very interesting flight from Donegal (Stobart.Aer Lingus regional).
    So much for your 2KM limit

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

I'm sorry, but this should not be happening right now

The whole country is on lockdown and yet our government are still bringing in migrants. 3 flights from Ethiopia landed this morning and another 2 scheduled to land tomorrow morning.

91432177_10219312531875922_1234889349133238272_n.jpg

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

The whole country is on lockdown and yet our government are still bringing in migrants. 3 flights from Ethiopia landed this morning and another 2 scheduled to land tomorrow morning.

Eithiopian run regular scheduled flights with Dublin as a stop-off on the way to the US as far as I'm aware. Nothing to do with migrants, although I'm open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,095 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Already explained on the aviation forum. No conspiracy.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Theres currently 3x Ethiopian aircraft within 30mins of each other all bound for Dublin. ETH574 eta 3:40am (B787), ETH500 eta 4:20am (B777) and ETH552 eta 4:30am(B787).

Wonder are these stopover flights to recover people from the United States?

IngazZagni wrote: »
    No this is a daily thing. They are fuel stops as the high altitude in Addis Ababa makes it extremely performance limiting for aircraft so are unable to takeoff with the quantity of fuel required to get to the USA.

Doesn't matter whether they are dropping migrants or not, the crew on the plane can still spread the virus but hey DAA have to make their money no matter the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Several governments are putting on evacuation/repatriation flights from Dublin. You can book them online but won't be allowed to board then unless you are a citizen of the country you are going to.
    You'll only find 'National' airlines doing those flights.

These include a few AlItalia flights to Italy btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭1123heavy

The government are bringing no migrants.

Those flights are fuel stopoffs for Ethiopian Airlines flights from Addis Ababa to North America.

You'd hope they don't stop this stopoff because it's a good source of revenue for the airport (landing fees, parking fees, IAA ATC fees, fueller's fees) and is at least something 'normal' still operating for the already shattered airport economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Yurt! wrote: »
    Eithiopian run regular scheduled flights with Dublin as a stop-off on the way to the US as far as I'm aware. Nothing to do with migrants, although I'm open to correction.

The first inaugural flight from Ethiopia had 7 asylum seekers ! I wonder has this situation improved since .

https://www.google.com/search?q=ethopia+inagural+flight+dublin+asylum&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS893US893&oq=ethopia+inagural+flight+dublin+asylum+&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.17284j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,890 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Today between 3pm and 4pm 16 flights landed in Dublin..... and a very interesting flight from Donegal (Stobart.Aer Lingus regional). So much for your 2KM limit
    That 2km obviously means no buses, trains, taxis, ferries anywhere in the country..
    https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/55da55-daily-briefing-on-the-governments-response-to-covid-19-wednesday-1st/#flights-between-donegal-and-dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

do you know if arrivals/departures on Dub airport web site are still accurate?

I have a flight to Budapest with Aer Lingus this Sunday. When I ask them if the flight is still scheduled I get this

"Hi, at this time the flight is scheduled to operate however all flights are under review at this time. If there is a change to the booking you'll be notified."

But when I check A/D there are no flights to Budapest for 2 weeks now.

I think they are just scything this so I take their voucher instead of waiting for email hat will say my flight is canceled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I just had a scan of this:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

Countries all over the world, some smaller than ours, have postponed all flights allowed into the country

Meanwhile Ireland is still allowing all flights in with a "we trust you with your 14 day quarantine on arrival there boss, be grand"

(Mods I'm sure there's a thread to merge this with, I just couldn't think of it. I believe there was a similar discussion some weeks ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Good post, need to ask the Task Force what they think.

But given that NI can roam freely in ROI and Travellers can do what they like, and flights can land no problem from many places, it is sounding a bit hollow to me anyway.

Since Irish people are expected to observe the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Good post, need to ask the Task Force what they think.

But given that NI can roam freely in ROI and Travellers can do what they like, and flights can land no problem from many places, it is sounding a bit hollow to me anyway.

Since Irish people are expected to observe the rules.

The link below suggests that ' anyone who lives outside the state ' .

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/garda-have-no-powers-to-arrest-day-trippers-from-northern-ireland-39157179.html

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭BMurr

jhegarty wrote: »

You can also book on flights from Cork to London Heathrow. I didn't go to payment but saw no red flags telling me that I had to have essential reasons and proof of them for the flight.

rgossip30 wrote: »

From that article :-
    A senior Garda officer serving on the border reportedly noticed that people from Northern Ireland do not live in a geographical location to which Irish law can apply and sought clarification from Garda headquarters

If that made a difference sure you could drive on the roads at any speed you like so long as you were not resident here. Sounds like the legislature screwed up when writing the legislation.

As for the 14 day self regulated quarantine travellers are trusted to implement, I'd say almost zero chance of them doing that as their mentality obviously doesn't recognise the seriousness if the situation such that they though going for a holiday/trip was a great idea in midst of a pandemic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Long_Wave

You "close the borders" bergade are pathetic Justin Barrett fanboys, and as for flights coming in, so f$#king what? They are 90% empty and it's not like people are coming here on holiday when everything is F#$king closed.

Long_Wave wrote: »
    You "close the borders" bergade are pathetic Justin Barrett fanboys, and as for flights coming in, so f$#king what? They are 90% empty and it's not like people are coming here on holiday when everything is F#$king closed.

Can you show us the source for your 90% figure. There's a group of travellers freshly arrived from the UK camped out on the curragh, I don't think they're here for essential work, so just because something is stupid doesn't mean there aren't people willing to do that stupid thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

We're still appallingly weak at our airports compared to most other countries

A recently updated list of travel restrictions into all countries affected by this https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

"Ah sure, it'll be grand"

Advertisement