Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 have done away with keep your credit

Options
  • 29-03-2020 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

So 3 have done away with keeping your credit. All new customers top up with €20 to activate there plan. Credit is used for the plan.
    Big change as I think they where the last company letting you keep your credit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

castle2012 wrote: »
    So 3 have done away with keeping your credit. All new customers top up with €20 to activate there plan. Credit is used for the plan.

For new customers only or existing too? Certainly makes them less attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Well if that did turn out to be true for existing customers I'd be jumping ship to gomo. Spending my credit on playstore is the only thing keeping me with 3.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

DopeTech wrote: »
    For new customers only or existing too? Certainly makes them less attractive.

No new customers only. However very poor timing to implement a price increase. Shame on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ken McCarthy

But won't everyone be a new customer once their current 28 day period is up. There is no contract with this their prepay plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

No new customers only. However very poor timing to implement a price increase. Shame on them.

You have a gift for understatement

Not only due to Covid but also MY3 is FUBARed and they seem to be incapable of fixing it.

The situation is very much as Tom Mann says !

( For some time I've had a sneeking suspicion that they actually want to get shut of retail customers )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I am with Eir PAYG but originally Meteor that Eir took over , I still get to keep my €20 .

But won't everyone be a new customer once their current 28 day period is up. There is no contract with this their prepay plans.

I don't think they can change old plans. However it's very poor. Times like this I wish I had a twitter account to expose this. Discraceful timing to bring in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭KildareP

They're new plans altogether:
    10 Euro: AYCE + 3 calls + 60 texts
    20 Euro: AYCE + 3 calls + all texts + 60 minutes
    30 Euro: AYCE + All calls + all texts + 30 international mins

KildareP wrote: »
    They're new plans altogether:
    10 Euro: AYCE + 3 calls + 60 texts
    20 Euro: AYCE + 3 calls + all texts + 60 minutes
    30 Euro: AYCE + All calls + all texts + 30 international mins

Where do you see the €10 plan?. I can only see a €15, €20 and €30 plan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

https://www.three.ie/plans/phone/prepay/

It's 15, 20, 30

15: All calls + 1GB + 60 SMS
    20: 3-3 calls + 60 mins + AYCE + All SMS
    30: All calls + 30 International mins + AYCE + All SMS

Addons available, called boosters that cost extra.

No keep credit, but only for new customers, existing customers retain "old" plan.

The 60 mins on the 20e plan is similar to what was available at the "old" rate of 35c per min.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭KildareP

Where do you see the €10 plan?. I can only see a €15, €20 and €30 plan

Certain it was €10 earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ken McCarthy

Ten Pin wrote: »
    https://www.three.ie/plans/phone/prepay/

No keep credit, but only for new customers, existing customers retain "old" plan.

I am still unsure about this one. Surely just getting a monthly top-up is not the same as a plan. There is no commitment on the part of the customer so why are we assuming that there is a commitment from Three. The details of their "old" pre-pay plans are nowhere to be seen on their website so I would not be too surprised to find out that once I next top-up that I will be on this new plan.

Have Three confirmed that it will stay as it is for current customers?

Great time for 3 to introduce. During a pandemic. No one noticed plus media busy with Covid-19

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I dont see where it says you lose the credit? The following comment just means if you topup within the period, you reset the period, and are using the plan that's related to whatever value of credit you are holding.

Please note: if you top up with the minimum amount for your plan or greater in one top up, with allowances left, and your plan is still within its 28 day cycle, your top up will reactivate the plan and your allowances will reset for another 28 day benefit period. Any remaining allowances at that time will not care over to your 28 day benefit period.

I dont see where it says you lose the credit? The following comment just means if you topup within the period, you reset the period, and are using the plan that's related to whatever value of credit you are holding.

Please note: if you top up with the minimum amount for your plan or greater in one top up, with allowances left, and your plan is still within its 28 day cycle, your top up will reactivate the plan and your allowances will reset for another 28 day benefit period. Any remaining allowances at that time will not care over to your 28 day benefit period.
    I'm afraid it's in the small print.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'm afraid it's in the small print.

I've just gone through the t&c's. I dont see anything stating the credit is used up in the service.

List of plan terms...
    https://www.three.ie/legal/terms/

From the linked file '3 Prepay 20'...
    7. When you Top Up by €20 or more in one transaction the Plan will activate. This €20 charge will apply each time you Top Up by €20 or more in one transaction

The old plan detail can be seen here...
    https://web.archive.org/web/20191210110255/https://www.three.ie/plans/phone/prepay/

...it specifies 'Keep Your Credit Yes 20' whereas that's not included in the new plan.

I've just gone through the t&c's. I dont see anything stating the credit is used up in the service.

Click on terms and conditions and click on 3 pre pay 20. Download it and have a read over. Its very clear there's no carry over.

Click on terms and conditions and click on 3 pre pay 20. Download it and have a read over. Its very clear there's no carry over.

When it says no carry over, its referring to things that are unused. Such as texts and minutes. There isnt anything in there that's clearly saying, the 20 euro is paid against the service.

When it says no carry over, its referring to things that are unused. Such as texts and minutes. There isnt anything in there that's clearly saying, the 20 euro is paid against the service.

Look there's no point trying to catch me out. I spoke with 3 customer service earlier and they confirmed you don't keep your credit on there new plans.

• Advertisement

Look there's no point trying to catch me out. I spoke with 3 customer service earlier and they confirmed you don't keep your credit on there new plans.

I'm not. I wanted to see where you were informed.

The folks in Twitter seem to say you keep the credit.

https://twitter.com/ThreeCare/status/1244907045180055552

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Any time I tried the 20 plan credit disappeared out of rapidly regardless of what I tried.

Solution was to switch to another provider. If you managed to keep the 20 fair play I never did.

From the FAQs...
    My plan's benefits are active. Can I top up again?
    You can top up whenever you like, even with an active plan and allowance to spare. Please remember that if you top up with the minimum amount for your plan or greater in one top up, with allowances left, and your plan is still within its 28 day cycle, your top up will reactivate the plan and your allowances will reset for another 28 day benefit period. Any remaining allowances at that time will not carry over to your new 28 day benefit period.

If you'd like to add credit to your account and not reset your active plan, just top up by an amount lower than your plan activation charge e.g. €5 or €10 for 3 Prepay 15, €5, €10 or €15 for 3 Prepay 20 and €5, €10, €15, €20 or €25 for 3 Prepay 30.

...which indicates it's an "activation charge" whereas the old plan was an activation top up.

IMO it would be a bad idea to switch from 3 prepay as there would be no way to get back on the old plan if you decided to returm from another network.

Tesco did a bit of smoke & mirrors when they introduced 4G plans without keep credit and wouldn't allow anyone to revert to 3G keep credit plan. Be wary of anything from Three "care" that (on the face of it) contradicts the documented terms from their website.

Consider the pros and cons of plans before porting. Better to just keep existing SIM and get a new number if trying out a new network.

I got this response. There giving out different information to different people.

Well they're just making it up as they go...of course there's no sanction for misinformation from customer care that contradicts their own written terms.

From the written terms...
    3 Prepay 15
    7. When you Top Up by €15 or more in one transaction the Plan will activate. This €15 charge will apply each time you Top Up by €15 or more in one transaction.

3 Prepay 20
    7. When you Top Up by €20 or more in one transaction the Plan will activate. This €20 charge will apply each time you Top Up by €20 or more in one transaction.

3 Prepay 30
    7. When you Top Up by €30 or more in one transaction the Plan will activate. This €30 charge will apply each time you Top Up by €30 or more in one transaction.

It's the same for each plan and the way it's worded, the credit is taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have been on this plan for an age.
    10 euro for Deezer and was 5 euro a months for shudder (now switched to Disney+)

gmisk wrote: »
    I have been on this plan for an age.
    10 euro for Deezer and was 5 euro a months for shudder (now switched to Disney+)

Are you sure? These new plans where only launched by 3 this week

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Are you sure? These new plans where only launched by 3 this week
    Sorry I meant the 20 euro keep credit one

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Well they're just making it up as they go...of course there's no sanction for misinformation from customer care that contradicts their own written terms.

From the written terms...

It's the same for each plan and the way it's worded, the credit is taken.

The terms and conditions say nothing about what a charge is.

The DM above is very odd. Why would only the 20 euro one consume credit and not 15/30.

Advertisement