Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 have done away with keep your credit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

Hopefully I am not bring up an old thread. But I just topped up the day before and still managed to keep my €20 euro. Anyone else in the same boat ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,476 ✭✭✭✭noodler

With eir PAYG and haven't topped up in two weeks as I was hoping to switch to 3 and see if I could keep my credit.

Anyone join recently have any experience on whether there is still a way to keep?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

noodler wrote: »
    With eir PAYG and haven't topped up in two weeks as I was hoping to switch to 3 and see if I could keep my credit.

Anyone join recently have any experience on whether there is still a way to keep?

I have been with three for long time, but topped up two weeks after my previous plan expired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Been a few txts from 3 recently re restriction of topup services due to work on servers etc. Wonder is this connected. If they rob my unused credit and screw me over, I'm gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

If you have been with Three sometime you would be on the old plan called 3Pay where you keep the top up credit the new plans for new customers are take the top up amount I’m full for the plan New plans called
    3 Prepay 15
    3 Prepay 20
    3 Prepay 30 all take the credit when top up as newer plans

Existing older long term customer on original plan 3Pay keep €20 credit after top up

CVB

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

noodler wrote: »

The 3Pay plan was withdrawn for new customers at the end of March. There is now no way to switch to Three and join a plan that allows you to keep your credit.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Been a few txts from 3 recently re restriction of topup services due to work on servers etc. Wonder is this connected. If they rob my unused credit and screw me over, I'm gone.

Don't think so. Hopefully those of us on the existing 3Pay plan will remain so for a long, long time to come!

I spend almost all of my credit in the Play Store, including on your excellent maps!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Quackster wrote: »
    The 3Pay plan was withdrawn for new customers at the end of March. There is now no way to switch to Three and join a plan that allows you to keep your credit.

They launched it in the second week of covid-19 lock down. Which meant no negative publicity. Papers/media focus on coronavirus. Its an effictive price increase for new customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭jeffk

I thought there was another thread but cant find it

Changed over to the new My3 (eventually, even had to use a different email)

E20 gone, 30 minute wait for chat as usage is about a euro max

Credit now has expiry dates, but its weird, I topped up E20 a month until about two weeks ago with lock-down dont need data

13 days
    122 days
    157 days

jeffk wrote: »
    I thought there was another thread but cant find it

Changed over to the new My3 (eventually, even had to use a different email)

E20 gone, 30 minute wait for chat as usage is about a euro max

Credit now has expiry dates, but its weird, I topped up E20 a month until about two weeks ago with lock-down dont need data

13 days
    122 days
    157 days

Yea the new app is terrible. I moved over to it the weekend. Expiry dates on credit (that's new).
    Is there any company now that let you keep your credit?.I liked been able to keep my credit

• Advertisement

castle2012 wrote: »
    Yea the new app is terrible. I moved over to it the weekend. Expiry dates on credit (that's new).
    Is there any company now that let you keep your credit?.I liked been able to keep my credit

I know and I haven't anything to really use credit on:
    Tried Google one at a tenner and was HORRIBLE, forever scanning what I told it to backup
    Have Onedrive from when I paid for full year until June
    Dropbox is like 12 euro but I had issues with them taking credit as payment

Id love a deal with data and calls, can keep texts, as no one uses them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

God their recent update is a sh*t show. Tried to register for the new my3 and got sent a confirmation email, when I click on the link it says no verification code data found. Their site is riddled with grammatical and spelling errors, if I didn't know any better I'd think it was a scam site. Calling 1745 now just gives you your current credit balance but no details on your plan expiry. I'm with 3 more than 10 years now on prepay and I didn't think they could get any more incompetent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I can't register with that poxy app, hangs, or says I'm already registered with the email, so try to put in the password and it says it's wrong. Old username and password still works, but get presented with the "good news you can use the new app" message, please register..............

Is there an old school way of checking your credit exp date or topping up avoiding that cesspit of a site/app.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,170 ✭✭✭jj880

3 can fack off. This is just their latest bright idea to sneak your credit off you. Their out of bundle charges for a text and connecting a call have become extortionate too. Time to change.

I like the look of Vodafone's chat extra plan. Im gona get on it and stay on it before they decide to take the p!ss aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

God their recent update is a sh*t show. Tried to register for the new my3 and got sent a confirmation email, when I click on the link it says no verification code data found. Their site is riddled with grammatical and spelling errors, if I didn't know any better I'd think it was a scam site. Calling 1745 now just gives you your current credit balance but no details on your plan expiry. I'm with 3 more than 10 years now on prepay and I didn't think they could get any more incompetent

In the same boat here. Was waiting for 45 minutes to get someone on web chat and we've been going back and forth for the last 45 minutes now trying to sort the issue, serious pain in the hole.

Will let you know if it gets sorted but the update seems fcuked. Just want to know when my 28 days runs out.

You can get your balance but texting BALANCE to 50272 alright but doesn't mention when the 28 days runs out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Finally! by going through a series of getting new email verification emails sent, me resetting my password and the web chat person resetting it, it finally worked and I can login.

Feel sorry for all the Three Customer Care people today.

I had to use a different email address as my log in AND change password

If i went out to copy a past the verification text, it logged me out and had to get a code again

Verification email went into spam folder and when i clicked on it, it wouldn't work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Mav11

I had to use a different email address as my log in AND change password

If i went out to copy a past the verification text, it logged me out and had to get a code again

Verification email went into spam folder and when i clicked on it, it wouldn't work

Did you get it sorted? I'm in the same boat and trying to top up. Can't get through to anybody, either on phone or Chat.

Mav11 wrote: »
    Did you get it sorted? I'm in the same boat and trying to top up. Can't get through to anybody, either on phone or Chat.

I DID get sorted and logged in etc, then i get 400 bad request etc

Herself on three and keeps getting the woops message :mad:

I DID get sorted and logged in etc, then i get 400 bad request etc

Herself on three and keeps getting the woops message :mad:

Real disaster. Luckily I only need it for back up broadband so not urgent. Feel ready to give up on 3 at this stage!!

• Advertisement

Mav11 wrote: »
    Real disaster. Luckily I only need it for back up broadband so not urgent. Feel ready to give up on 3 at this stage!!

I just use home wifi on phone and live without it outside, maybe use free wifi if REALLY stuck outside house, thankfully not stuck relying on three

Ive 30 odd credit and then this carry on otherwise id be thinking of moving myself

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Well if that did turn out to be true for existing customers I'd be jumping ship to gomo. Spending my credit on playstore is the only thing keeping me with 3.

Me too I buy 2 ebooks every month with my 20 euro credit, its great I must have bought over 40 books by now

I just use home wifi on phone and live without it outside, maybe use free wifi if REALLY stuck outside house, thankfully not stuck relying on three

Ive 30 odd credit and then this carry on otherwise id be thinking of moving myself

Three have changed contract terms and conditions so there is a question as to whether unused credit will be retained.

Think I might move to Vodafone on their 20gb PAYG offer, if I can confirm that it can be used in a modem or for tethering!

reg114 wrote: »
    Me too I buy 2 ebooks every month with my 20 euro credit, its great I must have bought over 40 books by now

Think that might be gone under new contracts:mad:

Update: Finally I'm able to get into the new My3, its telling me that my existing credit balance is good until the 28th Sept 2020:)

What a terrible way to sneak in a huge price increase. During Coronavirus.

Expiry of credit is not new, it has always been the way. It just wasn't clearly explained in the old My3.

The credit of only one top up can be active on your account at any one time. When you top up, that credit is queued until any pre-existing top up credit has been used up first. Queued top-up credit will expire after 180 days if it hasn't entered active use.

The top-up credit in active use will expire 180 days after the last usage action on your account (call/text/data) so if you're using your phone every day, the expiry date for your active credit will always be 180 days in the future.

In summary, the way to ensure none of your credit expires is to make sure you don't leave any top-up in queue for more than 180 days.

What a terrible way to sneak in a huge price increase. During Coronavirus.

Losing top-up credit as a plan-activation charge only applies to those who switch to one of the new plans. No change for anyone who remains on the pre-existing 3Pay plan.

Just remember though if you switch away, you won't be able to switch back to this plan again.

Quackster maybe then it shows the mess they have been making that expiring credit is news to most people

• Advertisement

Quackster maybe then it shows the mess they have been making that expiring credit is news to most people

I wouldn't disagree with that. It's an unnecessarily confusing system.

Advertisement