Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XII - 4,604 in ROI (137 deaths) 998 in NI (56 deaths)(04/04) **Read OP**

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

fin12 wrote: »

Jesus Christ and their markets are still carrying on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Osborne wrote: »
    Why aren't the journos pushing for a straight answer on ICU numbers?

Maybe I'm being dense, but I still don't know if the figures given are numbers from the beginning or currently.

You are being dense to be honest. It’s been clarified multiple times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

RiP to the 14 people who have died

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

froog wrote: »
    solid numbers. hope Big T gets back on the horse soon and we can put this thing to bed.

I hope Holohan makes a full recovery so he's one day able to face an inquiry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

domrush wrote: »
    You are being dense to be honest. It’s been clarified multiple times

And the answer is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Why is it likely? The US has more ICU beds per person, more ventilators (and the ability to make more) and despite what people who dont live here think, those without insurance WILL be treated.

Each state is pretty much like it's own country and does not need trump to take action.

I dont like Trump either, but some on here are almost wishing that america goes to **** just to prove a point that he is a dick.

Many people taking the same attitude with the UK too.

They can't see the irony of thinking Trump/BoJo are horrible people, yet they are wishing for large death totals in these countries so they can be somehow proven correct in their assertions... quite perverse really! :rolleyes:

And the answer is?

It’s the number of people admitted since the start . It is not the current number of people in ICU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Shn99 wrote: »
    Education minister still determined to see state exams for students go ahead as normal
    https://www.newstalk.com/news/mchugh-state-exams-planned-993123?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1585757798

He has to say that. If he said exams may not go ahead, students would just not do a tap and not bother continuing lessons.

Although tbh, I definitely do not see the JC going ahead, but the LC could go ahead in a much more staggered and spaced approach. With no JC students doing exams, their is a lot more spacing, room, but still left with the problem of the SEC staffing centres, social distancing, etc.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Site Banned Posts: 27 Peruvian Flake

Vast majority of the 126 are still In ICU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

THANK YOU GEORGE!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Why aren't the journos pushing for a straight answer on ICU numbers?

Maybe I'm being dense, but I still don't know if the figures given are numbers from the beginning or currently.

Since the beginning. This has been clarified already multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

i'd say the angelus is getting record viewing numbers recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

And the answer is?
    Admitted but that many if not all are still there as people seem to spend a long time in ICU internationally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Vast majority of the 126 are still In ICU

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,698 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

No it hasn't, HSE and HSPC were saying originally it was the total for the day - so they have been changing the definition and one saying one thing, the other saying another

• Advertisement

Marsden35 wrote: »
    We're passed a million already, given that China and Iran have lied about their figures. China is easily 10 times higher in cases and deaths. As is Iran. Some estimate Iran is at least 20 times worse than official figures.

I reckon China wanted this, send of their people to infect others around the world.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Admitted but that many if not all are still there as people seem to spend a long time in ICU internationally.

That was not said, and as morbid as it sounds, deaths will reduce the number in ICU.

An HIQA report today said the median time was 7 days in ICU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Jesus Christ and their markets are still carrying on.

I literally can’t read anymore about this f*cked up virus. Everyday it’s something worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Clarify again please I’m only getting in on this conversation now and can’t be arsed going back over the thread.
    126- deaths?
    Still at 126 as stays in icu are long or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭snowgal

Logan Roy wrote: »
    Source?

The Doctor literally just said it on the briefing 2 minutes ago!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 27 Peruvian Flake

Logan Roy wrote: »
    Source?

RTE news now, it was said in the briefing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

tom1ie wrote: »
    Clarify again please I’m only getting in on this conversation now and can’t be arsed going back over the thread.
    126- deaths?

As well as deaths, some cases will have recovered and been sent home.

I literally can’t read anymore about this f*cked up virus. Everyday it’s something worse.

It's so hard to tune out of this since it's so close to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭growleaves

He is a contrarian who's views are a direct contradiction to the majority scientific opinion on this pandemic.

Science doesn't work by taking a show of hands.

(Although where has it has been established that a majority of scientists share the opinion of Ferguson, Fauci etc.? That is not at all clear.)

Here is the opinion of a Professor of Molecular Pharmacology at the Université Pierre et Marie Curie in Paris.
    There is no evidence to show that the 2019 coronavirus is more lethal than respiratory adenoviruses, influenza viruses, coronaviruses from previous years, or rhinoviruses responsible for the common cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Blanco100 wrote: »
    This is positive news then. No member of the public will be any the wiser as to how many are in ICU at any given time so.

126 cases in ICU with 80+ deaths, can we read between lines then that ICU numbers are not over the 100 mark?
    At least some of those who died never made it into the ICU. Or the hospital. One of those who died recently was in a nursing home, she was refused admission to the hospital and was sent back to the nursing home, basically to die. Which she did.

The conspiracy theorist in me might say that inflating the ICU numbers using a metric which can never reduce could be used as a justification for actions such as turning people away from hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭poppers

tom1ie wrote: »
    126- deaths?

just been answered in the press conference.

its the total number admitted but as per normal icu stays are for a long time so it likley most of the 126 are still there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

christ imagine if louise o reilly was at the helm for this?

domrush wrote: »
    That was not said, and as morbid as it sounds, deaths will reduce the number in ICU.

An HIQA report today said the median time was 7 days in ICU
    Yeah, deaths will adjust things. Either way they seem to be waiting but calm about the ICU situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

For ****s sake, Business Insider a German version of the Mail, Axel Springer AG site.

Headline...
    Italy said it was useless and accused them of a PR stunt.

content
    The footage of the convoy was widely shared on social media, but Italian officials speaking anonymously to La Stampa said as much as 80% of the delivered material was useless, and that the operation appears to be a public-relations stunt with little practical benefit to the country's healthcare system.

La Stampa a headline today is about NATO COVID-19 supplies on April 1st., reading down the supplies are from Turkey!

There are forums dedicated to geopolitical propaganda. :(

As well as deaths, some cases will have recovered and been sent home.

So why do they say there’s 126 in icu when the cumulative number is 126 not the real time number.
    It’s real time number that matters when your looking at resources available surely?

• Advertisement

Yeah, deaths will adjust things. Either way they seem to be waiting but calm about the ICU situation.

Agreed, I wish people in this thread were the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Not really. From the rest of the article (his elderly wife also had the virus, but with mild symptoms).

"The researchers said that this information could point towards a new mild sub-type of COVID-19 which while not as transmissible could be harder to eliminate."

Interestingly there was also a mutation in Singapore earlier in the outbreak that researchers suspected made it milder, but easier to spread. Because humans are removing the most critically ill from circulation (and into hospitals), and not really finding asymptomatic cases, we're actually encouraging a milder and less obvious form of the disease to emerge - fingers crossed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Log off do yourself a favour

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

spookwoman wrote: »
    deaths are 36 hours in arrears

No they're not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,986 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Amirani wrote: »
    No they're not.

Thats what was said in the briefing

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Eh he`s the ****ing President of the USA. Millions of American people take everything he says, no matter how full of lies or off the wall it may be, as gospel.

Here, in Ireland, we worry about Leo.

Millions of Americans are governed by their own state.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

spookwoman wrote: »
    Thats what was said in the briefing

What time are they up to?

All these prayers never known to fail... Well all these prayers are failing every single day with this.

Dear Covid-19, For the love of God, just fcuk right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭snowgal

My take on this is that there are probably still roughly 126 maybe 110 or so in ICU at this very point. They have said now for sure this is the figure from the beginning. Remember the beginning is not at all long ago, so by the time people got to the point of needing ICU was probably over the past 2 weeks. So MOST of the cases are still in ICU as its only 10-14 days. I also take from it that many of those in Nursing homes who have died were NOT admitted to ICU, otherwise those numbers would be gone down by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,839 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It's so hard to tune out of this since it's so close to us.

Turn off boards, don't listen to the news, if your at home - watch films, learn something new - don't use your phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭josip

Regardless of what the ICU numbers actually represent, that trend (blue line) is closely following the least worst case prediction (green) from a few days ago.

1xopmTL.png

I may have missed this but why do we get the cumulative icu bed figures and not the real time figures?

bekker wrote: »
    For ****s sake, Business Insider a German version of the Mail, Axel Springer AG site.
    (
    Let's ease off on the messenger shooting thank you. :) Someone asked for a source, I got them one and now WE ALL KNOW it's probably not a good source.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Germany testing 500,000 a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭chasm

New Home wrote: »
    I got the tablets (I think I still have them somewhere, 4 or 5 of them in a cut-up blister with the seal half damaged), I never got my tree (who can I ring about that?), but I did get my Millennium Candle. Did you get that, at least?

No, i never got that either, i was living in a house that was split in to apartments and flats at that time so another tenant must have got it lol
    All joking aside, and to keep with the topic of the thread, i would have thought the leaflets would have gone nationwide around the same time?

• Advertisement

Number of cases in ICU in the Lombardy region of Italy has actually declined.

https://twitter.com/dfcapodanno/status/1245028535405817858?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Naggdefy wrote: »
    I think the south of Italy must be reporting more? Don't have figures.
    You can check all Regions, including those in the South (Calabria for example) here:
    https://lab24.ilsole24ore.com/coronavirus/#box_14

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Many people taking the same attitude with the UK too.

They can't see the irony of thinking Trump/BoJo are horrible people, yet they are wishing for large death totals in these countries so they can be somehow proven correct in their assertions... quite perverse really! :rolleyes:

This is exactly why.

If the death toll is high expect some will relish in saying I told you so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

RobertKK wrote: »
    Germany testing 500,000 a week.

Interestingly my German work colleague was waiting a week to be tested and a few days after that for results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

212 is a good drop to be honest. 14 dead is a worry again though.

Hopefully we can steadily decline for next 9 days and lockdown will be relaxed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement