Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XII - 4,604 in ROI (137 deaths) 998 in NI (56 deaths)(04/04) **Read OP**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭poppers

owlbethere wrote: »
    I read earlier there's 29 clusters in nursing homes. Does that mean there's 29 nursing homes effected.

Would staff quarters on site be a good idea going forward. Maybe not now with this crisis but another time. If there's any virus outbreak, closures from visitors can be implemented along with staff moving in on site.
    Cant see staff moving in away from their families for weeks on end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,847 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

fr336 wrote: »
    I'm guessing it wouldn't be too wise to get a takeaway such as a Domino's at the present time? Not because of contact with the driver, more infection via the food etc or am I being OTT?

I think your grand, if this was an issue no company in the country should be giving free food to the healthcare sector

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MOR316

I'm guessing it wouldn't be too wise to get a takeaway such as a Domino's at the present time? Not because of contact with the driver, more infection via the food etc or am I being OTT?

Way OTT

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

Lol my sister got it the other day should be grand. I got Camille on Monday was worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

The warnings on this board about Cheltenham are now starting to be completely vindicated.

“Hundreds infected”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8179369/How-Cheltenham-Festival-hotspot-coronavirus-cases.html

Those pics are definitive proof if ever needed that the British royal family are completely out of touch with reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

BREAKING: Sadly a further 13 people have died from #Covid19 in the Republic. A further 402 cases confirmed too. It brings the death toll to 98 while the number of confirmed cases now stands at 3,849

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,267 ✭✭✭✭briany

Maybe that includes the common cold, which would make the number more believable

Yeah, I'd find it very hard to believe that 2 billion people a year get influenza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

20% of the labour force are now claiming jobless benefits or wage subsidies and we are at the very early stages of economic impact. We may be looking at over 30% in the next few weeks.

That is frightening.

At the height of the last recession the unemployment rate was 18%.

How we will run a health, education or SW system with a third of the Country out of work, is a question that the bedroom-dwelling, lockdown-merchants can't answer.

At 18%, it was 'real' unemployment. Hopefully the figures of current unemployment are temporary for a lot of those workers, one must hope that companies that had a viable service/product will still be needed when this blows over eventually and those people will work again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

13 deaths and 402 new cases today. Fuuck

• Advertisement

frillyleaf wrote: »
    I’ve been wiping mine with water mixed with a small amount of dettol for a few days now

The groceries I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

402 new cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,680 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

13 deaths

98 dead total

Median is 92 (?).

13 new deaths, median age of 92.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

It's not as if everyone wasnt pointing this out. Yet pricks from this country still went over. I wouldnt wish the virus on anyone, but these idiots could have helped kill vulnerable people at home.

I know an owner of a nursing home that went to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Here comes the surge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

We’re getting the better of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

One nursing home has seen almost 100 of its staff and residents tested positive for the Covid-19 virus, the Dáil has heard.

The shocking situation, believed to be a Leinster-based facility, was outlined by Fianna Fáil TD Stephen Donnelly as TDs debated the pandemic and gaps in responses.

Mr Donnelly outlined how 70 of the 200 staff had tested positive as had 19 of the 100 residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

109 still in intensive care

• Advertisement

109 in ICU right now, 25 discharged and 14 deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Apparently questions from journalists had to be pre submitted for Pascal Donoghue's press conference today.

I don't know why ministers bother with this strategy, as they usually don't answer any difficult questions anyway.

I think this is a great idea.

Some of the questions over the last few weeks have been terrible. A complete waste of the time of the people there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Here comes the surge?

Nope
    Still only 11% increase of cases
    We are always a gonna see them go up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Apparently questions from journalists had to be pre submitted for Pascal Donoghue's press conference today.

We are talking about Irish politicians, they're not great at thinking on their feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

This is more like it, in terms of ICU figures. I'd still like to know how many ventilators we have, as opposed to ICU beds.

The 402 new cases is fully expected given the tighter testing criteria and this is what they wanted to have a higher positive report out of tested cases.

The 402 new cases is fully expected given the tighter testing criteria and this is what they wanted to have a higher positive report out of tested cases.

And it’s still well within a percentage that’ll see a curve plateau in the medium term

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

The warnings on this board about Cheltenham are now starting to be completely vindicated.

“Hundreds infected”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8179369/How-Cheltenham-Festival-hotspot-coronavirus-cases.html

Got a call earlier of someone who has the symptoms of the virus. I don't know what his test status is. Guess where he was? Cheltenham.

I'm glad our government stepped up at the right time and cancelled the St Patricks day parades or we would be in a worse position now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

I still don't understand why we can't use a small % of tests for community sampling.

If we had a representative group of volunteers and just kept testing them once a week. We would know where we are at transmission wise.

You could extrapolate a lot from it about the real spread.

I mean, that's exactly what you'd do with any opinion polling, market research and I would assume epidemiological survey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just heard that my friends first cousin died from covid 19 yesterday, 43 year old man, 4 kids, no underlying conditions. Went into hospital on Monday, tested, results came back today positive but he died yesterday. Absolutely heartbreaking, this is really scaring the s**t out of me now. Stay stay folks and stay away.

That is fast, sorry don't mean to sound unsympathetic, sorry for the loss to his family and friends

Can I ask how long were his symptoms before hospital?

I bring the food into the house and put it on a stool. I wash my hands and get a plate out (or have the plate out beforehand). I empty the delivered food onto my plate, without touching the plate. I then put the wrappings in the bin and again wash my hands thoroughly before holding the plate and bringing it to the table.

Maybe over the top, but it seems logical to me. But I will never give up my takeaway during this shítty times, so that is a (low) risk I am prepared to take.

Here comes the surge?

Why do people say this every single night, how hard is it to understand that we are at the early days to all this????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

At 18%, it was 'real' unemployment. Hopefully the figures of current unemployment are temporary for a lot of those workers, one must hope that companies that had a viable service/product will still be needed when this blows over eventually and those people will work again.

I hope this is true; but I'm not so sure. I can't see pubs/restaurants/clubs/sporting events being as busy as they were before especially before a vaccine is discovered.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Why do people say this every single night, how hard is it to understand that we are at the early days to all this????

Because we are not doctors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I think this is a great idea.

Some of the questions over the last few weeks have been terrible. A complete waste of the time of the people there.

Planned questions allows ministers to learn off answers with no follow up responses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

redarmy wrote: »
    One nursing home has seen almost 100 of its staff and residents tested positive for the Covid-19 virus, the Dáil has heard.

The shocking situation, believed to be a Leinster-based facility, was outlined by Fianna Fáil TD Stephen Donnelly as TDs debated the pandemic and gaps in responses.

Mr Donnelly outlined how 70 of the 200 staff had tested positive as had 19 of the 100 residents.

200 staff and 100 residents, surely that can't be right?

bennyl10 wrote: »
    And it’s still well within a percentage that’ll see a curve plateau in the medium term

Yeah it is, alot of work still to be done but once people dont take the 402 out of context

And to keep in mind 102 currently in ICU is still while its 102 too many it's still a manageable number currently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭poppers

Got a call earlier of someone who has the symptoms of the virus. I don't know what his test status is. Guess where he was? Cheltenham.

I'm glad our government stepped up at the right time and cancelled the St Patricks day parades or we would be in a worse position now.
    Cheltenham ended 3 weeks ago. I think anyone showing symptoms from now got it somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

eh i dunno wrote: »
    13 deaths and 402 new cases today. Fuuck

RIP those 13

That's high in new cases

2u2me wrote: »
    I hope this is true; but I'm not so sure. I can't see pubs/restaurants/clubs/sporting events being as busy as they were before especially before a vaccine is discovered.

When the pubs open, I intend to give them a lot of business for as long as my liver holds out!

• Advertisement

Because we are not doctors.

Oh really, I thought that this was a medical and economics forum, given some of the advice being thrown around on a day basis.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭endainoz

poppers wrote: »
    Cheltenham ended 3 weeks ago. I think anyone showing symptoms from now got it somewhere else.

If it takes nearly two weeks to get results, and if you factor in the incubation period it absolutely could come from Cheltenham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RIP those 13

That's high in new cases

Not really. If they tested more it'd be higher. It's the icu numbers and deaths that are more worth watching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,245 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Dr Holohan says he hopes / expects to see new case growth dropping 'by the end of next week'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Local_Chap wrote: »
    200 staff and 100 residents, surely that can't be right?

With 100 residents they’d need at least 200 staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭me89

I doubt it's from Cheltenham at this stage, Cheltenham finished 3 weeks tomorrow.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RIP those 13

That's high in new cases

No it’s not.
    Not at all.

It’s in fact quite low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I've said a few days ago here.

Nursing homes struggle retaining staff in good times, but if many of the staff are isolating, who is looking after the residents in these homes?

I shudder to think about older people not getting bathed etc at the moment.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Oh really, I thought that this was a medical and economics forum, given some of the advice being thrown around on a day basis.

:rolleyes:

Well it’s not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Strazdas wrote: »
    Dr Holohan says he hopes / expects to see new case growth dropping 'by the end of next week'.

That has to be joke. I thought they're ramping up testing

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement