Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XII - 4,604 in ROI (137 deaths) 998 in NI (56 deaths)(04/04) **Read OP**

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

threeball wrote: »
    Whats the header saying tonight.

It's more of the same, just general BS, vague over arching statements. He never fails to make it political.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    It's disgusting how much western governments (our government included) keep pushing the agenda that masks are not needed but now they are back tracking.

Imagine how many lives could've been saved if they didn't stigmatize people wearing masks

I personally find it insulting how every health spokesperson on television jumps down the throat (they get visibly angry) of anyone who mentions it - not for scientific reasons although they pretend that is the reason.

It's because governments don't have stock in Europe.

Just say that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Whats the header saying tonight.

He’s undermining the doctor, Dr Birx. She stated that by the stats, not every American is obeying social distancing rules. He freaked out, cutting in making sure people knew that some states were doing great, nothing to worry about etc. He was irked that she compared US to Italy. He’s telling people a scarf is better than an N95 mask “because it’s thicker”. Trying to somehow plant the seed that Spanish flu didn’t originate in the US because they had less deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

I personally find it insulting how every health spokesperson on television jumps down the throat (they get visibly angry) of anyone who mentions it - not for scientific reasons although they pretend that is the reason.

It's because governments don't have stock in Europe.

Just say that.

In czech republic people are sewing masks, we should do this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,007 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Forgive me, but I have been using a snood scarf lately over mouth and nose since no masks available. Just a thing to keep my breath away from anyone else really.

It is probably useless, but it makes me feel a bit more ok. Straight into the bowl with watered down bleach + Fairy liquid on return. Rinse and repeat.

It's good enough for Asian countries, doctors and nurses but not for our population apparently.

I agree. They can't be hard or expensive to produce.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 83 ✭✭macmahon

woohoo!!! wrote: »
    At current rates, our health system will be overwhelmed in 2-3 weeks. The chief cause being lack of sufficiently trained health workers. It's alarming the numbers that are being infected. Got to ensure at minimum that everyone working in a cluster currently and likely near future clusters are all wearing proper PPE all the time. And consider separating those workers with covid patients completely, with industrial level PPE also

Incoming bot!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

It's disgusting how much western governments (our government included) keep pushing the agenda that masks are not needed but now they are back tracking.

Imagine how many lives could've been saved if they didn't stigmatize people wearing masks

They don’t have supplies and are trying to keep them for medical staff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

macmahon wrote: »
    The numbers are so small and have been over the last few weeks here in Ireland! Its a plandemic!

Is "Plandemic" something clever you came up with, or did you genuinely misspell it?

Musefan wrote: »
    He’s undermining the doctor, Dr Birx. She stated that by the stats, not every American is obeying social distancing rules. He freaked out, cutting in making sure people knew that some states were doing great, nothing to worry about etc. He was irked that she compared US to Italy. He’s telling people a scarf is better than an N95 mask “because it’s thicker”. Trying to somehow plant the seed that Spanish flu didn’t originate in the US because they had less deaths.

Oh dear!

• Advertisement

frillyleaf wrote: »

Instead of attacking those who mention it - why don't they just say that?

We don't have supplies, discussion over.

frillyleaf wrote: »

But why lie to people? tell them to truth and tell them to cover there mouth and nose with a scarf or anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Viruses aren't aware of the concept of an economy.

The harder you make it for them to spread generally the less dangerous they become. They want hosts, killing people doesn't help that.

This is already a more contagious, less lethal version of SARS anyway.

Trump explaining how he want to run the US like he ran his businesses - in to the ground.

froog wrote: »
    5,740 deaths today alone. frightening.

Yep! You got it froog!x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

They have to. Only so long you can stay out on your own while neighbouring countries deal with it a completely different way.

Although I suspect the UK probably would have gone down the same route had the french not threatened to close the border with UK if they didnt do something.
    They most likely will do that but it is unusual that they have had a less steep trajectory than most other countries to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Forgive me, but I have been using a snood scarf lately over mouth and nose since no masks available. Just a thing to keep my breath away from anyone else really.

It is probably useless, but it makes me feel a bit more ok. Straight into the bowl with watered down bleach + Fairy liquid on return. Rinse and repeat.

While I appreciate your effort not sure mask being in a bleach bath and put back on your face is a good idea. Watered down or not.

Take care of your skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

marilynrr wrote: »
    I think they will be able to estimate that properly when this is all over by comparing the average number of deaths to previous years.

They’d want to be doing this now though, hard data, rather than this modeling which seems to based on worst case scenarios.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭threeball

Trump explaining how he want to run the US like he ran his businesses - in to the ground.

Its ok he'll just get bailed out by russian mafia or a firesale to the chinese. Thats how he kept going in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Corkgirl20

There’s a group of women doing this up in Donegal , for Gardaí and health workers, shop Keepers etc, they’re doing it free of charge.

Its ok he'll just get bailed out by russian mafia or a firesale to the chinese. Thats how he kept going in the past.

I don't know, he's such a fcuking dumb ass.

What can be said at this point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Corkgirl20 wrote: »
    There’s a group of women doing this up in Donegal , for Gardaí and health workers, shop Keepers etc, they’re doing it free of charge.

Do these mask need a rating to find out how effective they are. Or is any mask better than no mask?

Instead of attacking those who mention it - why don't they just say that?

We don't have supplies, discussion over.

They may not want to say that as frontline workers are likely relying on pharmacies etc to supply them at this stage if the shortages are as bad as being reported. The public also have access to these so if they said “masks work” there would be huge rush to get them. I think the HSE put out a call for anyone who had PPE to donate it? There is obviously serious shortfall in supplies.

If the HSE told the population that masks do protect there would be even more competition to get them among workers who do need them more as they are actually working with people who are likely to be exposed.

A lot of the general public have a choice that removes the need for masks. We can social distance. This removes the need for masks for most of the time....compare this need with a nurse, a career, health assistant etc, someone immune comprised and their carers.

I think that anyone working in essential services should be supplied these masks too along with carers of people that are vulnerable.

It’s simply easier for people to social distance. I would also think similar to gloves, people not trained in basic infection or disease control will use them incorrectly. I see people wearing gloves to shops, and using same gloves getting into their cars etc. It basically renders them ineffective.

speckle wrote: »
    Bit nervous, going for an emergency dental apointment in the midst of a pandemic. Never thought I would see the day!

You will be grand! Health service has never been so sterile and clean here in Ireland! Too many ups are incoming in this plandemic here Ireland!...stay positive!

But why lie to people? tell them to truth and tell them to cover there mouth and nose with a scarf or anything

Maybe people will become complacent if they do this. It’s easier to just practise social distancing in my opinion. It massively reduces transmission more than any other method.

• Advertisement

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Eh, OK McM. I'll try to see your point?
    Please put your words on here.

That sounds like a challenge to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,647 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks like some of the Chinese PPE gear we got on Sunday is not up to scratch, hope they kept the receipt...
    He was speaking in a video on Twitter following concerns about the content of the first batch of Personal Protective Equipment for healthcare staff that has been arriving on Aer Lingus flights from China since last Sunday.

The HSE said that although the equipment being delivered is up to World Health Organization standards, and will work to protect healthcare staff, it is not the type of equipment that Irish healthcare staff have been used to.

There are concerns that the equipment may be more robust and heavy duty than nurses and doctors expected.

There have also been complaints from some nursing quarters that the protective gowns in the shipment are too small and the face masks of poor quality.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0403/1128209-nphet-to-meet-to-plan-next-moves-in-covid-19-fight/

Global cases have exceeded 1 million (worldometer)

And France is listed as having 1,355 additional deaths

US heading for 250,000

Huge numbers

Coronavirus or covid19 specifically?

Looks like some of the Chinese PPE gear we got on Sunday is not up to scratch, hope they kept the receipt...

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0403/1128209-nphet-to-meet-to-plan-next-moves-in-covid-19-fight/

I warned of this.

China's intention to capitalise on a disaster of their own making by pretending to be the knights in shining armor to other countries is nothing more than a publicity stunt.

Equipment is useless, send it back like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Corkgirl20

tuxy wrote: »
    Do these mask need a rating to find out how effective they are. Or is any mask better than no mask?

I’m not sure to be honest, I’ve linked the story below.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/news/5274398/coronavirus-ireland-donegal-women-make-masks-frontline/amp/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Stuff of nightmares or at least this one

Video released on December 11 2019 by the Shanghai Media Group when the Covid-19 was already infecting its first victims ...

Go to 3:05 for section on bats ...

And no I'm not a conspiracy advocate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,245 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I read this week that even a t-shirt makes a good mask, so it's definitely not the case that you must have a medically approved mask to go about your day to day business.....anything that covers your nose and mouth should do a decent job.

He might make a call from from his shed.

Is Tubby bear covid19 or just coronavirus?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Any mask is better than no mask for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rodrigo-duterte-philippines-president-coronavirus-lockdown-shoot-people-dead/
    You really think it can't get any more insane and then..
    Police and military in the Phillipines ordered to shoot dead anyone disobeying lockdown procedures

If the Earth was an Arse, China would be the boil on said Arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Coronavirus or covid19 specifically?

No idea, I just put the numbers beside the country's so that there numbers where were my numbers was but in a different place not like on there website or anything but on my post beside the countrie's they had on the website of there's that I sourced my references from were they where like. There ain't no way I'm not never gonna make a mistake with numbers an' stuff 'cos numbers never lie and the country's what were them numbers was from couldn't of moved so it must be right.

The perceptive reader may garner, not without foundation, that I've seasoned my response with an element of wit (as I would describe it).

Is Tubby bear covid19 or just coronavirus?

Think media said it was covid 19. But seriously are people even differentiating between the two. Used to have dettol here in the house that said it killed Coronavirus so that virus has obviously been around a while and this new one covid 19 is a different strand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

wakka12 wrote: »
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rodrigo-duterte-philippines-president-coronavirus-lockdown-shoot-people-dead/
    Police and military in the Phillipines ordered to shoot dead anyone disobeying lockdown procedures

Bit of a step up from the slap on the arse from a stick in India

nocoverart wrote: »
    Is "Plandemic" something clever you came up with, or did you genuinely misspell it?

Im very clever with my spelling!...I never lie!

• Advertisement

Im very clever with my spelling!...I never lie!

I’m not having a go, I’m just intrigued. Pland as in bland? you just added an L in there to make it fit? or the more obvious one, this was all engineered as a weapon from China?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

He was speaking in a video on Twitter following concerns about the content of the first batch of Personal Protective Equipment for healthcare staff that has been arriving on Aer Lingus flights from China since last Sunday.

The HSE said that although the equipment being delivered is up to World Health Organization standards, and will work to protect healthcare staff, it is not the type of equipment that Irish healthcare staff have been used to.

There are concerns that the equipment may be more robust and heavy duty than nurses and doctors expected.

There have also been complaints from some nursing quarters that the protective gowns in the shipment are too small and the face masks of poor quality.

That's terrible if that is the case. What does more robust mean anyway? Maybe it means more robust like the way the virus was more robust than the expected and infected all those healthcare workers. 25% of total cases at last count. Maybe it's more effective.

Seems like deflection from the fact they weren't protected adequately as there were shortages.

We should put in an order from Germany. Oh wait we can't can we.

Someone shared a video here the other day of a hospital in Southern Italy, the corridor was partitioned( different categories of patients at either side ) with yellow tape and the security officer manning it had a gun in his pocket.., inside a hospital!

Naos wrote: »
    It isn't (overrunning our health system currently) because of the measures we've put in place and the majority of people are adhering too.

Thankyou...I will stick that in my pipe and smoke it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,113 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

That's terrible if that is the case. What does more robust mean anyway? Maybe it means more robust like the way the virus was more robust than the expected and infected all those healthcare workers. 25% of total cases at last count. Maybe it's more effective.

Seems like deflection from the fact they weren't protected adequately as there were shortages.

We should put in an order from Germany. Oh wait we can't can we.

Probably means it's more like cartridge based re-usable respirators than light weight FFP3 masks. Which may not be a bad thing if you look at what the Italians are now suiting up in to protect health care workers - full face covering mask with cartridges. I believe the Italians have had no health worker infections after suiting up to airborne protocol standards.

I warned of this.

China's intention to capitalise on a disaster of their own making by pretending to be the knights in shining armor to other countries is nothing more than a publicity stunt.

Equipment is useless, send it back like everyone else.

I remember people on here were arguing that iphones are made in China so no way that this PPE will be bad quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Over 10% of all recorded Covid 19 deaths were reported in the last 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

He means shoot to kill, he has previous.

In fairness he's ruling over a widely spread archipelago, with more than 10 ethnic groups, a virtually autonomous Mindanao which was in a state of civil war from '45 till recently, plus an simmering ISIS problem.

Any sign of weakness and it's a mess, it's disobeying his edict that's the problem not necessarily COVID-19 related per se.

BanditLuke wrote: »
    I'd say July at the earliest and then another shutdown in October for longer this time with the much more letal second wave.

Well those stats add up! Well done BanditLuke! Do you care enough to spill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

I have to say, this abode here is like it was magically transported to the deep country.

I never heard it so quiet/calm. I'm so used to aircraft noise but this is like the twilight zone for the last week absolutely noiseless, earily beautiful. Just like that twilight zone episode when the woman found the watch to stop time.

Finally the noise of engines and drilling has stopped. I'm not living in the sticks, but for this beautiful time... I may as well be. Have you noticed waking up at 5am without the low drone of aircraft engine noise? Or if you live on a busy road and are now realising how quiet it is for once in a generation of complete quietness?

Do you like it or hate it?.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement