Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XII - 4,604 in ROI (137 deaths) 998 in NI (56 deaths)(04/04) **Read OP**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

lawred2 wrote: »
    This piece on the LLS is ludicrous.

Lads who fly cargo planes on a daily basis must be scratching their heads at this

I am guessing it was down to getting to it quickly and how to load. How about at least some praise for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Lads who fly cargo planes on a daily basis must be scratching their heads at this

God its awful. Like I thought last week with the front line staff was a nice touch but this is just taking the piss.

Miriam: "Did you fly the plane like you fly a plane almost every other day of the year"

Pilot: "I did, yeah"

Miriam: "Wow, that is an amazing story"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,532 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CRsGi_1585864702

Gotta high temp? YOU COMING WITH ME!!

Can you imagine that here? Still too many people out driving around for no reason, maybe that's allowed? Drive around, never leaving car/ ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Stheno wrote: »
    Is that used to treat dogs with mange?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Klonker wrote: »
    God its awful. Like I thought last week with the front line staff was a nice touch but this is just taking the piss.

Miriam: "Did you fly the plane like you fly a plane almost every other day of the year"

Pilot: "I did, yeah"

Miriam: "Wow, that is an amazing story"

Man who gets paid to do job, goes to work and does job, comes home and gets paid, gets on LLS.

I'm expecting a call for next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9stCm_1585657264

Meanwhile in Ireland and Uk people swanning around with out a care in the world. So so man cars on roads here, not a Guard in sight.

Genuine question - would you prefer the Chinese approach?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,613 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Man who gets paid to do job, goes to work and does job, comes home and gets paid, gets on LLS.

I'm expecting a call for next week...

Suppose we can say the same about the nurses and doctors at the moment.

Remember that when they come looking for pay rises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CRsGi_1585864702

Gotta high temp? YOU COMING WITH ME!!

Can you imagine that here? Still too many people out driving around for no reason, maybe that's allowed? Drive around, never leaving car/ ?

Going to be alot of flat batteries otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9stCm_1585657264

Meanwhile in Ireland and Uk people swanning around with out a care in the world. So so man cars on roads here, not a Guard in sight.

It's a complete farce here. We are going to need stricter measures asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

jackboy wrote: »
    Yep, all sitting close together. I guess the rules are not for everyone.

Tbf they weren't sitting close together at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

There should be murder charges if you can't cover your mouth.
    Coronavirus patients who refuse to self-isolate face murder charges in Italy

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/12/people-coronavirus-italy-refuse-self-isolate-face-murder-charges-12385790/

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

Oh ya because Russia and China are the "bad guys" lol. I think someones been consuming too much Western propaganda material.

Where do I start? China lied about the virus when it was first discovered they imprisoned many people who first talked about it. If they didn't do this it is likely that that virus would've never getting out of China.

While we are talking about china lets talk about their concentration camps for Muslims https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-50511063

Or the China which will literally send you to jail for and probably harvest your organs if you write anything bad about their president online.

The west may not be perfect but it is a paradise compared to the freedoms Chinese have, and when I say this stuff about China I mean the government not the people of China.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Getting ridiculous and cringe worthy now with everyone trying to outdo everyone else on the net with their videos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Just had a takeaway and feeling stupid. Needless risk during pandemic. Also like a military operation with gloves etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

you know who we really need to hear from a lot more? statisticians. pure pencil pushing unemotional stats boffins. there's so much misinformation, assumptions and misinterpretation of data going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

froog wrote: »
    you know who we really need to hear from a lot more? statisticians. pure pencil pushing unemotional stats boffins. there's so much misinformation, assumptions and misinterpretation of data going on.
    Absolutely right!

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Strazdas wrote: »
    That's actually very encouraging though. It suggests we could go from initial reopening of certain places to full reopening of most businesses and lifting of most restrictions within 8 weeks of that date, assuming there has been no big flare up of the virus in the meantime.
    Did you read it through?

To move to relaxation stages requires being able to compare with data that we don't have.

We appear on the 'experiencing epidemic map', we do not appear on 'measurement of a country's ability to find, stop and prevent health threats', other than as 'unknown'.

I wish we did appear in the well prepared 'green' countries, unfortunately we don't, but then again, Switzerland, US and Canada do,

fr336 wrote: »
    Just had a takeaway and feeling stupid. Needless risk during pandemic. Also like a military operation with gloves etc.

the risk is low. the food is heated to high temperatures that will kill anything that possibly gets into it. the only risk is from packaging, which is the same risk as your weekly shopping and same precautions should apply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Going to be alot of flat batteries otherwise

Only if the battery is already aged. These days you can leave a car sit for a while without it creating problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

the risk is low. the food is heated to high temperatures that will kill anything that possibly gets into it. the only risk is from packaging, which is the same risk as your weekly shopping and same precautions should apply.

Thanks, getting a bit irrational in all this it's a nightmare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

You have to eat. I ordered and paid for a McDonald's using the app for me and the family this evening. Collected it from the drive through wearing mask and gloves. No significant risk in that.

How is having a takeaway a needless risk. If anything I say those drivers are overly cleaning there hands then the rest of us

murphaph wrote: »
    You have to eat. I ordered and paid for a McDonald's using the app for me and the family this evening. Collected it from the drive through wearing mask and gloves. No significant risk in that.

They are all closed so no you did not but otherwise I agree

Edit: unless of course you in a different country then Ireland and I think the U.K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Can you catch it from the actual food aside from the wrappers?😬

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

Not at all. Keeping the economy going.
    What did you Have ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,532 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

gabeeg wrote: »
    Genuine question - would you prefer the Chinese approach?

Get army out, question why people are out, tell them to get inside, I've not seen a guard since all this kicked off. Must be only a Dublin thing, rest of country seems to be roaming free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Take aways are the only joy I have left in my life, its worth the tiny risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Stheno wrote: »
    Is that used to treat dogs with mange?

jesus, I've a few bottles of that here for dosing the cattle...

Was everyone inside the branch wearing face-masks?

The virus won't survive a grilling, but how many people breath on the bread of your burger before you eat it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Only if the battery is already aged. These days you can leave a car sit for a while without it creating problems.

Sush, Im in denial about getting a new one plus its a good excuse to go the scenic route to the supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭jluv

I'd imagine the logistics, clearances etc flying into a country so effected by the virus ,in such a short space of time made it a little more difficult than a normal flight.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Jesus dont be self treating now!

US will finish the day with the highest death number in the world. they'll break 1k deaths today and change and they are very early into this. it would not be inconceivable for the US to be hitting 5k deaths a day very soon. that is absolutely insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭blackcard

Get army out, question why people are out, tell them to get inside, I've not seen a guard since all this kicked off. Must be only a Dublin thing, rest of country seems to be roaming free

I have seen loads of Gardai, very high compliance with restrictions too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

IMO there is a larger risk of the person preparing and packaging the food leaving droplets on the food or inside the packaging than with the drive though collection process. Which is a risk you have to accept and can’t be alleviated from your end.

Fairly low risk of course, but just to point out that wearing a mask and gloves quite possibly doesn’t cover the main potential risk with a drive through takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

The virus won't survive a grilling, but how many people breath on the bread of your burger before you eat it?

There will be that issue with all the food in the supermarket as well. You have to eat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Will you give me a dose?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Going to order an Indian Butter Chicken with naan bread tomorrow from local Indian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It seems the virus can survive a while on smooth surfaces like a door handle or elevator button but I haven't seen any evidence that it can live on and be transmitted through food or other packaging like cardboard. Most experts are saying the risk is negligible

Now I want a big mac

I worry that it might be going that way, and I'm dreading it.

I'm in Dublin too. A very large apartment complex on the south side. I've seen a bit more mingling than I'd like to have, particularly amongst the children of familes.
    But it's a very high density place. Hard to avoid, and the vast majority here are staying indoors.

It makes me a little nervous to see, but I don't want anyone slapped around by cops are the bloody army for being a little daft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,245 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

bekker wrote: »
    Did you read it through?

To move to relaxation stages requires being able to compare with data that we don't have.

We appear on the 'experiencing epidemic map', we do not appear on 'measurement of a country's ability to find, stop and prevent health threats', other than as 'unknown'.

I wish we did appear in the well prepared 'green' countries, unfortunately we don't, but then again, Switzerland, US and Canada do,

Lifting severe restrictions on society is not optional. They have to be lifted. By their essence, they can only ever be temporary : no society could function with a six month or longer lockdown.

At that point, the risks to society from the lockdown itself would be far greater than from the virus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

It'll be nothing to do with "a magical vaccine", it'll be that we've pushed out the cases to over a period of time instead of one big go

My guess is the current measures until end of april at least, if possible then may to go back to the measures we were previously under, then from june onwards if possible a gradual reopening.

I can see pubs opening but I dont think mass events, concerts etc will be starting up.

the social distance measures are here to stay long term , there is no way pubs will be able to open while its in place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I’ve seen loads of guards around and a checkpoint and that was only around my local area and I’m not in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Switch Profile

With regard to the Health Act 2020, has the Minister officially designated an “affected areas order” to any locations within the country?

Are the current travel restrictions still only advice at this point, or is there other legislation available to ensure enforcement?

If not, do the Garda have any powers to enforce restrictions at this point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

fin12 wrote: »
    I’ve seen loads of guards around and a checkpoint and that was only around my local area and I’m not in Dublin.

agree with this maybe its just dublin , guards are everywhere at the moment down the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,669 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

US will finish the day with the highest death number in the world. they'll break 1k deaths today and change and they are very early into this. it would not be inconceivable for the US to be hitting 5k deaths a day very soon. that is absolutely insane.

I'd be more worried about India at this stage. India lost 10 million during the Spanish Flu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

It is not quite the same type of risk as packaged food from a grocery shop. Packaged food in a grocery shop might have the virus on the outside of the packaging because someone touched it or was heavily breathing on it, but you can be fairly sure there isn’t anything on the food itself or inside the packaging (except for super fresh stuff packaged in the shop).

On the other hand the Mc Donald’s take away was just prepared/packaged by someone who could have blown droplets on the food after grilling the burger or inside the packaging. If they can procures them, you’d hope they are giving surgical masks to employees though.

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Going to order an Indian Butter Chicken with naan bread tomorrow from local Indian

you magnificent bastard. i want one now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement