Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XII - 4,604 in ROI (137 deaths) 998 in NI (56 deaths)(04/04) **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    How is Poland doing case wise? I know around here it was being held up as a bastion of what to do ie closing schools, shutting boarders etc.

Poland have pretty much the same restrictions as here except they closed there borders and closed there school s a week before us.
    But there testing is only done if you end up in hospital.
    No contact testing no community testing.
    People who show moderate systems are told to isolate for two weeks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Sky news are having a special programme at 9.

Ok, I have not much love for sky news, but Im going to watch it.

Ok, it's hyperbolic nonsense lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭facehugger99

eagle eye wrote: »
    Have those deaths been added to the numbers?

Considering you've just invented them in your head, probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭threeball

eagle eye wrote: »
    How do you know we are doing remarkably well with the limited number of tests being done? We have no clue where things are at. We don't even know if there have been deaths due to covid-19 that have happened in the home due to people self-isolating and not getting tested/treated on time. Has this happened? Have those deaths been added to the numbers?

Because i care more about deaths and ICU numbers than tests. And yes i believe because our numbers are so low that all deaths are being recorded properly. Deaths at the end of the day is what all this will be judged on. We're not doing badly test wise per capita either if you look at worldometers

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

Unless real Irish people stand up now and do something our country is going to be plundered forever. The Irish Times today is reporting that the lockdown could continue for TWELVE MONTHS. This will ruin me financially and everyone around me.

"The announcement came as it was confirmed on Saturday that some of the restrictions on work, travel and education, could remain in place until a vaccine is found, which could take six to 12 months, according to the HSE."

I am now begging people to really look at what's going on here before it's too late.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus-another-17-deaths-and-331-new-cases-reported-1.4221138%3fmode=amp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Those French numbers that are on worldometers are showing on Johns Hopkins. The 90,842 includes French colonies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Charged for negligence certainly as they have failed in their duty of care.

Honestly after hearing of a girl whose manager asked her to come into work straight after coming home from the states, these numpty brainless jobsworth managers are so incredibly short sighted and dangerous. They are one of the biggest threats to us combating the virus.

If these people die because of one idiot coming in with a "cold" and the employer knew about it and wouldn't send them home, they should be charged with murder. Because that's exactly what's happening.

Achasanai wrote: »
    We were never going to see those amounts of deaths per day at this stage because of our population. If we judge by head of population (flawed in many ways, of course) we are only behind Belgium and Spain (and, I assume the microstates).

I think you need a new calculator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

leavingirl wrote: »
    Unless real Irish people stand up now and do something our country is going to be plundered forever. The Irish Times today is reporting that the lockdown could continue for TWELVE MONTHS. This will ruin me financially and everyone around me.

"The announcement came as it was confirmed on Saturday that some of the restrictions on work, travel and education, could remain in place until a vaccine is found, which could take six to 12 months, according to the HSE."

I am now begging people to really look at what's going on here before it's too late.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus-another-17-deaths-and-331-new-cases-reported-1.4221138%3fmode=amp
    Can we leave this histerical sh1te to Facebook. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

growleaves wrote: »
    There's no evidence in the article to support the headline.

Other articles about '5G arsonists' don't mention this coronavirus theory at all.

Ahem.... https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-52164358

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭mosii

Trump is on,the leader of the free world.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

ZX7R wrote: »
    Poland have pretty much the same restrictions as here except they closed there borders and closed there school s a week before us.
    But there testing is only done if you end up in hospital.
    No contact testing no community testing.
    People who show moderate systems are told to isolate for two weeks

In Poland they kept the churches open (with restrictions) and also permitted family members from different households to meet, since the Government over there are very pro church and traditional when it comes to family.

They'll also shortly be loosening regulations around religious events.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Can you not read? You clearly quoted "SOME of the restrictions COULD remain in place" and the timeframe was six to twelve months

Go away with the hysterical ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

What about the people who will inevitably die needlessly due to premature lifting of the lockdown? It could be one of your friends and family who could suffer. You should be ashamed of yourself.

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    Some good news:

In Northern Italy, 60 volunteers who thought they'd never suffered COVID-19 gave blood. 40 of them tested positive for antibodies to the virus.

https://www.lastampa.it/topnews/primo-piano/2020/04/02/news/coronavirus-castiglione-d-adda-e-un-caso-di-studio-il-70-dei-donatori-di-sangue-e-positivo-1.38666481

This means could mean that a lot of people get it without even knowing, meaning the death rate is much much lower than we think.

I don't know what version I want. Knowing or not knowing.

Not knowing and spreading it. Knowing and thinking am I going to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

I still see no evidence that there is any connection between the burning down of 5G masts by people who are opposed to 5G...and this new conspiracy theory that 5G masts are somehow connected to coronavirus (and this theory is promulgated by who exactly?)

If this evidence exists, where is it?

We were never going to see those amounts of deaths per day at this stage because of our population. If we judge by head of population (flawed in many ways, of course) we are only behind Belgium and Spain (and, I assume the microstates).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

mosii wrote: »
    Trump is on,the leader of the free world.

Does he still think it’s all a hoax?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

The government and the majority of the population have been taking steps to protect themselves and slowing the spread of the virus as much as possible. Other than ranting on here what exactly have you been doing?

• Advertisement

You should join a militia

devnull wrote: »
    In Poland they kept the churches open (with restrictions) and also permitted family members from different households to meet, since the Government over there are very pro church and traditional when it comes to family.

They'll also shortly be loosening regulations around religious events.

I know my wife is polish.
    Poland are to have an election in may many polish believe true figures will come out after that

Stand up and do what? What do you want us to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    One day's figures cannot constitute a trend by any stretch of the imagination. The peak is seven to ten days away at best and even then new cases will continue for some time. Even after the peak the death rate will continue to rise for some weeks more.

where are all the new cases over the next few weeks coming from though?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,913 ✭✭✭✭josip

If the numbers don't escalate is the key thing.

But they are escalating and the will escalate further.

By Wednesday there were 101 covid19 related deaths on the island of Ireland.

In the past three days there have been 92 more deaths on the island.

I don't have the time explain the phenomenon of exponential growth however a dose of realism is needed in a lot of quarters.

At least that way if fewer deaths transpire than what you are expecting then that is a massive bonus.

End of the day we all are and will be further affected. There are people behind the numbers.

Deaths are a lagging indicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

celebrity doctor Dr. Drew currently grovelling on twitter after a videos came out compiling all his nonsense the last few weeks saying this was no worse than the flu.

https://twitter.com/drdrew?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

OscarMIlde wrote: »
    What about the people who will inevitably die needlessly due to premature lifting of the lockdown? It could be one of your friends and family who could suffer. You should be ashamed of yourself.

If a lockdown goes on for 12 months, democracy would have to be suspended, just for starters.

It won't go on that long or else it's fall of Rome stuff, not just the risk of a global depression we are at now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Sure ya can go on the dole if you are stuck.

OscarMIlde wrote: »

All because she wants to save her bank balance.

• Advertisement

I thought results from the testing some of our back log 15000 tests were due to start today.
    Any news on when these results will start to be included in Daly figures

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement