Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XII - 4,604 in ROI (137 deaths) 998 in NI (56 deaths)(04/04) **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭blackcard

Back from another long shift this weekend. Sitting down watching Trump with a beer and realising that although we are not perfect it could be a lot worse.

The hospitals are getting busier but a lot of the extra business is "normal" stuff that was sitting at home for 2 weeks. COVID presentations relatively stable. In our institution ICU getting an extra 2-3 per day pretty solidly. Hopefully there will be a point soon where people leave ICU at a similar rate to those coming in. Our ICU is full but we have plenty of extra spaces available yet in pre planned areas that will act as temport ICUs.

Many many people are recovering, I think the worldometer figures are not updated because we don't necessarily require negative swabs to be recovered. We still send most COVID queries and some COVID positive patients home.

I had a discussion with colleagues today and the consensus is that we are managing ok so far. It's not brilliant but certainly it's not disastrous either.

Regarding the Chinese PPE, it's a mixed bag. Some is ok. Some is more heavy duty than we are used to. Some isn't suitable. It's all been inspected and document has been circulating with pictures and commentary of each piece received. Discussions are ongoing to modify future shipments.

Seems a very fair summary. What are we doing well?
    What are we doing badly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Don’t want to derail the thread. Just to say it’s a HUGE flag.

Looks ridiculous and out of place/not becoming in a quiet residential area. My last word on the topic in this thread.

Still a weird thing to be annoyed about. that's my last word

Just to reply to this. My local priest (bit of an oddball) has a Huge tricolour on display from window of his house.

Originally when he put it out I thought it was in support of the Irish rugby or soccer team but I THINK it’s some sort of patriotic gesture now.

Good few ppl have complained saying it’s out of place in a quiet residential area. I would agree.

Wrong type of patriotism for ya I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

not becoming in a quiet residential area.

I wasn't aware of flag etiquette in 'quiet residential' areas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Better take down my Union Jack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

bekker wrote: »
    Our current test appears to be "Out of ICU?", "Still breathing?", "Then I'll just tick 'Recovered' ".
    think the first releases got a virus free letter

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Psychedelic Hedgehog

Stheno wrote: »
    Same here ref antibody testing

I'd a dose late Feb/early March which took weeks to get over I'd happily pay for an antibody test just to know

Same here, worst flu I've ever had mid-February, wife came down a couple of days later and ended up hospitalised. Convinced we've had it in retrospect. She's only recovering her senses of smell and taste now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Looks ridiculous and out of place/not becoming in a quiet residential area. My last word on the topic in this thread.

I put a flag up on Saint Patrick's day and had a mini parade around the house with the kids. It got a few beeps that day. One of the neighbours text the wife to say it gave them a nice lift.

Decided to leave it up until some normality resumes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Is it a big one? I've a very big one. I do have it out in quiet residential areas.

Ha ha. Just saw a clip of trump saying New York got loads of generators. But they didn’t distribute the generators.

He meant ventilators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Just to reply to this. My local priest (bit of an oddball) has a Huge tricolour on display from window of his house.

Originally when he put it out I thought it was in support of the Irish rugby or soccer team but I THINK it’s some sort of patriotic gesture now.

Good few ppl have complained saying it’s out of place in a quiet residential area. I would agree.

Loads up here in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

speckle wrote: »
    and they are all touching the podium. hope they wash their hands!

They are all over the place and breaking every distancing rule they preach.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I’m beginning to think that Trump is actually insane. He’s suggesting that it’s a waste of time putting people on ventilators. they’re going to die anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,998 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

''hydroxychloroquine try it, if you like, it's a gift from heaven, its beautiful '' Trump lol

https://streamable.com/ikd2p5

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I'm nearly in tears watching Trump. It's comical.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I’m beginning to think that Trump is actually insane.

Really? Just now? Guy is a clown show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

what the actual **** lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

wadacrack wrote: »
    So depressing that Trump is the leader of USA in this crisis. This press conference is so weird and totally inappropriate in the middle of a pandemic. Sending the completely wrong messages to the American public.

EUtIKmYVAAU8hBW.jpg

From one of his recent press conferences... Like everything else the ba$tard says, it was a lie. Even Justin Bieber is 3 times more popular !

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Wrong type of patriotism for ya I see.
    Maybe prefers St.Patrick's Cross in a multi-hued configuration.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

China are lying their asses off.

Every country is lying their asses off, Ireland included. Also Germamy if its to be believed, Sweden and so on. Most countries don't include nursing home cases, or those who died at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Back from another long shift this weekend. Sitting down watching Trump with a beer and realising that although we are not perfect it could be a lot worse.

The hospitals are getting busier but a lot of the extra business is "normal" stuff that was sitting at home for 2 weeks. COVID presentations relatively stable. In our institution ICU getting an extra 2-3 per day pretty solidly. Hopefully there will be a point soon where people leave ICU at a similar rate to those coming in. Our ICU is full but we have plenty of extra spaces available yet in pre planned areas that will act as temporary ICUs.

Many many people are recovering, I think the worldometer figures are not updated because we don't necessarily require negative swabs to be recovered. We still send most COVID queries and some COVID positive patients home.

I had a discussion with colleagues today and the consensus is that we are managing ok so far. It's not brilliant but certainly it's not disastrous either.

Regarding the Chinese PPE, it's a mixed bag. Some is ok. Some is more heavy duty than we are used to. Some isn't suitable. It's all been inspected and document has been circulating with pictures and commentary of each piece received. Discussions are ongoing to modify future shipments.

On the subject of Trump, there was a lot of excuses made in 2016, people were angry, disaffected, anti establishment vote whatever.
    But after Trump's performance in this crisis, any American that still votes Trump is either greedy selfish millionaire, or simply dumb as fcuk.
    No right thinking person could continue to support him after the last few press conferences. I'm nearly getting embarrassed for him at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I’m beginning to think that Trump is actually insane. He’s suggesting that it’s a waste of time putting people on ventilators. they’re going to die anyway.

Beginning? I don't think there's been any doubt for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Does Trump have shares in the company that produces hydroxychloroquine??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Ha ha. Just saw a clip of trump saying New York got loads of generators. But they didn’t distribute the generators.

He meant ventilators.

What is the point of Trump being given airtime at all anymore? He is doing far more harm than good. He should just leave things to people who actually know what they are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Really? Just now? Guy is a clown show.

The scary think is that there are tens of millions of Americans that are watching this thinking he's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,998 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'm nearly in tears watching Trump. It's comical.

I love when he whispers and talks of drugs he knows nothing of , trying to look like he's educating the room.

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Is it a big one? I've a very big one. I do have it out in quiet residential areas.

You a flasher??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

We're in tears watching Trump. He is so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

breaking out. have got a hold of one of my easter eggs I got 5weeks ago. any ideas for a free film on the tube thats not pandemic or world ending. not too airy or dense either. need a mental decompose night. coladh samh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

bekker wrote: »
    Our current test appears to be "Out of ICU?", "Still breathing?", "Then I'll just tick 'Recovered' ".

That's total hogwash.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement