Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XII - 4,604 in ROI (137 deaths) 998 in NI (56 deaths)(04/04) **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

The scary think is that there are tens of millions of Americans that are watching this thinking he's great.

His numbers are way up of recent. You fear for America not because of Trump but because of American's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭redarmy

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I’m beginning to think that Trump is actually insane. He’s suggesting that it’s a waste of time putting people on ventilators. they’re going to die anyway.
    its more about him than whats going on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭blackcard

The scary think is that there are tens of millions of Americans that are watching this thinking he's great.

Over 50% of Americans approve of his handling of the crisis

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Every country is lying their asses off, Ireland included. Also Germamy if its to be believed, Sweden and so on. Most countries don't include nursing home cases, or those who died at home.
    Lying? Just economical with the data they really don't have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Terrible thing to say but I look forward to trumps nightly presser.
    Comic value.

• Advertisement

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    That's total hogwash.
    No unfortunately, check yesterday's briefing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭storker

What is the point of Trump being given airtime at all anymore? He is doing far more harm than good. He should just leave things to people who actually know what they are talking about.

He's a narcissist who thinks there's no show without Punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Comic value.
    I think Woody Allen must be writing the script for these pressers?

I would phrase it slightly differently because some of the bad things are difficult to avoid due to the global pressures on supplies etc but in my opinion....

Good:
    People working very hard with great spirit and work ethic. People doing things outside of the norm no problem. I work with 7 other docs in a group and if there is a hint of an issue with health, childcare etc someone is in within a minute to fill in. That kind of thing.

Community transmission seems to be suppressed significantly with the new measures. The public are by and large being great and making a big effort.

The community support for healthcare workers is unbelievable and I actually feel bad. I went to LIDL the other day and these people are playing just as vital a role. It's massively appreciated but sometimes I feel guilty.

Bad:
    I think hospital staff would be more comfortable with full FFP/N95 masks for all ?COVID encounters. Currently we wear fairly flimsy gowns and surgical masks. Saying that I've done 5x13 hour shifts now and I don't have it yet touch wood so maybe its ok.

ICU is filling up. We have plans, but if someone is ventilated it takes bloody ages before the turn the corner. It's going to be the obvious potential pinch point. But at the moment we have spaces planned outside the ICU in temporary locations. But that's not indefinite.

Nursing homes are an obvious concern now.

The lack of testing needs to be addressed. We can't be running out of reagents or swabs or kits. One morning we couldn't run tests and it caused a delay of 12 hours in discharging patients which had a big knock on effect.
    Thanks on many levels.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Comic value.

Yep same here

Watch it during the week only though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

''hydroxychloroquine try it, if you like, it's a gift from heaven, its beautiful '' Trump lol

https://streamable.com/ikd2p5

Just have to go in and get regular bloods to check liver function and eye tests

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

There also seems to be a north/south divide. Virtually all countries south of the Tropic of Cancer have extremely low rates of deaths per head of population by comparison with the northern countries.
    Maybe there is something in the theory that there is a climate factor at work. I find it hard to believe that they are all lying about their statistics?

In Australia there’s believed to be several different strains, we are on day 71 and the original Chinese strain accounted for most cases and didn’t seem as lethal as some of the few cases that was traced from Europe, There still community transmission but most cases were brought in from overseas and mostly from Asia and USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

@susmitchellSBP: The Business Post got a copy of the HSE’s audit of the PPE consignment from China. Report on this tomorrow. Unfortunately quite a bit of substandard material that is unsuitable. PPE = huge concern for staff. HSE operating in v tough global procurement market. https://twitter.com/susmitchellSBP/status/1246554310827282439/photo/1

I’m beginning to think that Trump is actually insane.

His usual supporters and I don't like him but...<the left, leo etc> posters on here have been very quiet lately.

I just think he realises that he can't con his way out of this and it's getting to him, but his ego is still getting in the way.

If it doesn't turn into a complete sh1t storm he might still have a chance of being reelected as some of his followers are apparently still posting pictures of their bbqs etc on Twitter under various tags like fakevirus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

blackcard wrote: »
    Seems a very fair summary. What are we doing well?
    What are we doing badly?

I would phrase it slightly differently because some of the bad things are difficult to avoid due to the global pressures on supplies etc but in my opinion....

Good:
    People working very hard with great spirit and work ethic. People doing things outside of the norm no problem. I work with 7 other docs in a group and if there is a hint of an issue with health, childcare etc someone is in within a minute to fill in. That kind of thing.

Community transmission seems to be suppressed significantly with the new measures. The public are by and large being great and making a big effort.

The community support for healthcare workers is unbelievable and I actually feel bad. I went to LIDL the other day and these people are playing just as vital a role. It's massively appreciated but sometimes I feel guilty.

Just regarding Trump and his obsession with Hydroxychloroquine we are using Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin in a lot of patients that it is appropriate for along with other treatments like tocilizumab in patients that look like they may be developing ARDS. So we are not lacking there.

Bad:
    I think hospital staff would be more comfortable with full FFP/N95 masks for all ?COVID encounters. Currently we wear fairly flimsy gowns and surgical masks. Saying that I've done 5x13 hour shifts now and I don't have it yet touch wood so maybe its ok.

ICU is filling up. We have plans, but if someone is ventilated it takes bloody ages before they turn the corner. It's going to be the obvious potential pinch point. But at the moment we have spaces planned outside the ICU in temporary locations. But that's not indefinite.

The lack of testing needs to be addressed. We can't be running out of reagents or swabs or kits. One morning we couldn't run tests and it caused a delay of 12 hours in discharging patients which had a big knock on effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Andrew00 wrote: »
    We're in tears watching Trump. He is so funny

Is there another press conference today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Andrew00 wrote: »
    We're in tears watching Trump. He is so funny
    imagine going for a pint with him, I'd say it would be mad craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

''hydroxychloroquine try it, if you like, it's a gift from heaven, its beautiful '' Trump lol

An early small study in China found that it was no good in treating Coronavirus infections

Problem with Hydroxychloroquine is that it has a fairly narrow therapeutic window, meaning the correct dose and poisoning are not that different. The ICUs in Africa are getting clogged up with hydroxychloroquine poisonings, at a time when coronavirus is on the up.

Also India has now banned the export of the chloroquine drugs because Trump has caused a run on the drug. Meaning that people with Malaria are now finding it difficult to get the drug.

The dangerous gob$hite is a menace every time he opens his mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

bekker wrote: »
    Lying? Just economical with the data they really don't have.

Not sure there's much of a difference. The Italians have underreported deaths by a factor of 3 or 4.
    A lot of people have died of covid 19 and been buried without so much as a test.

Are we including nursing home deaths in our figures? No-one seems to know.

Good:

Just regarding Trump and his obsession with Hydroxychloroquine we are using Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin in a lot of patients that it is appropriate for along with other treatments like tocilizumab in patients that look like they may be developing ARDS. So we are not lacking there.

Bad:

ICU is filling up. We have plans, but if someone is ventilated it takes bloody ages before they turn the corner. It's going to be the obvious potential pinch point. But at the moment we have spaces planned outside the ICU in temporary locations. But that's not indefinite.

Last paragraph, was that due to lack of swab kits?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

You a flasher??

Well when you've got what I have the public need to see it to boost morale in these times..

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Every country is lying their asses off, Ireland included. Also Germamy if its to be believed, Sweden and so on. Most countries don't include nursing home cases, or those who died at home.

Is there a bit of a long term value for these countries that lie. Have they built up a reputation of always been on top of things which if they lose that could negatively effect them in the long term, through business perception etc..??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

The Trump hate is hilarious, he is doing at least as well as the rest of the worlds leaders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I love when he whispers and talks of drugs he knows nothing of , trying to look like he's educating the room.

Or as the doctors/professors are talking on the podium inches is way over as a "you gotta move" signal so he can get his rambling nonsense in.

Utterly transparent and clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Last paragraph, was that due to lack of swab kits?

I'm actually not sure of the specifics. The lab couldn't do one morning run. I think it was to do with lab PCR kits as opposed to swabs but I actually didn't get the specifics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭storker

darced wrote: »
    The Trump hate is hilarious, he is doing at least as well as the rest of the worlds leaders.

Name even one world leader who consistently makes such a complete @rsehole of himself on daily basis.

Maybe prefers St.Patrick's Cross in a multi-hued configuration.

Na single hue configuration only for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

darced wrote: »

237201.png

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

imagine going for a pint with him, I'd say it would be mad craic

I'd say it would involve cocaine and hookers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

fin12 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what China did after the SARS outbreak to prevent another pandemic?

It’s f*cking unreal how one country is responsible constantly for all these viruses.

Why did SARS not take off in the way this virus did? Canada was the only country outside of 4 or 5 countries in asia that got it in any way bad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement