Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XII - 4,604 in ROI (137 deaths) 998 in NI (56 deaths)(04/04) **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭storker

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    I'd say it would involve cocaine and hookers.

That's about the only way you'd get any enjoyment out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

blackcard wrote: »
    Over 50% of Americans approve of his handling of the crisis

The other 80% don't

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

darced wrote: »
    The Trump hate is hilarious, he is doing at least as well as the rest of the worlds leaders.

Very few western leaders have come out of this well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,569 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

darced wrote: »
    The Trump hate is hilarious, he is doing at least as well as the rest of the worlds leaders.

The f*ck he is.

He has criminally mismanaged this from the very start and continues to do so.
    Even something as simple as not having people within 6ft of each other is a 100% failure at his press conferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Not sure there's much of a difference. The Italians have underreported deaths by a factor of 3 or 4.
    A lot of people have died of covid 19 and been buried without so much as a test.

Are we including nursing home deaths in our figures? No-one seems to know.
    Sort of agree though I tend to go with the 'Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity', however widespread political and geopolitical posturing and manoeuvring is becoming increasingly obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

storker wrote: »
    Name even one world leader who consistently makes such a complete @rsehole of himself on daily basis.

Leo Varadkar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Trump is a tee totaler.

Why did SARS not take off in the way this virus did? Canada was the only country outside of 4 or 5 countries in asia that got it in any way bad

I’m guessing cause people didn’t travel as much and I think also SARS wasn’t as contagious.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

speckle wrote: »
    breaking out. have got a hold of one of my easter eggs I got 5weeks ago. any ideas for a free film on the tube thats not pandemic or world ending. not too airy or dense either. need a mental decompose night. coladh samh

Rewatching the Fifth Element this eve to do a mental cleanse!

fin12 wrote: »
    Leo Varadkar.

I'm no fan of Leo, but no, not even close.

• Advertisement

Leo Varadkar.

As much as I dislike him, not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Leo Varadkar.

Don't think you realise how good we have it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lillycakes2

Idiots posting their close up face on facebook! some challenge !!! so annoying looking at all these ppls heads on my news feed during all this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I posted this in Devore's Hope thread, but it's worth repeating in a main daily thread ...

Infection rate of those with Covid-19 has dropped, latest figures show

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0404/1128496-covid-19-figures/?fbclid=IwAR29MDeTiVSQh2zyzdg0lW8XSs5qgUlXlQQKXeWi3exUCN4U2CoiRMX_U3c

"The number of people that a person with Covid-19 is infecting in Ireland is reducing.

The "RE" number, or the reproductive rate of the virus, refers to how many other people a confirmed case goes on to infect, and it is closely monitored by health officials.

On 16 March, a person infected with Covid-19 here would "likely" infect another 4.3 people.

Minister for Health Simon Harris said that by the end of March, this dropped to 2.5 people.

At a news conference this afternoon, Mr Harris said that this is "real progress", but said we need to get this number below one. He said if we can reduce this figure to below one, it means the "virus doesn't sustain itself in the community".

Mr Harris said that the next seven days will be "absolutely critical".
    The number of "close contacts" recorded for people with the virus has now reduced to three, down from around 20 a few weeks ago.

Mr Harris said that this is because we are now "making it harder for the disease to spread".

However he said, even though the rate of growth is slowing, it is still too high"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Leo Varadkar.

No fan of Leo but he does not even make a 10th of a fool of himself as Trump does.

And that includes the letters to Kylie Minogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Naggdefy wrote:
    Well when you've got what I have the public need to see it to boost morale in these times..

Indeed, we need a good laugh alright.

50% of Americans think that Sodom and Gomorrah were a married couple.

nocoverart wrote: »
    Don't think you realise how good we have it here.

That isn’t down to Leo. He is useless and always has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Trump? He's a spoofer Bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Leo Varadkar.

You probably think that's edgy or clever but in reality you need to have a look at how countries have handled this. I didn't vote FG but I can't fault his handling in terms of timing, level of response etc. Anything that wasn't perfect was a failing in every country.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Leo Varadkar.

You probably think that's edgy or clever but in reality you need to have a look at how countries have handled this. I didn't vote FG but I can't fault his handling in terms of timing, level of response etc. Anything that wasn't perfect was a failing in every country.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,569 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I posted this in Devore's Hope thread, but it's worth repeating in a main daily thread ...

"The number of people that a person with Covid-19 is infecting in Ireland is reducing.

The "RE" number, or the reproductive rate of the virus, refers to how many other people a confirmed case goes on to infect, and it is closely monitored by health officials.

I'm tempering my optimism largely on the basis that the numbers still waiting for test results is a big concern although I am trying to alleviate that worry with the view that we haven't heard of many widescale stories of people getting seriously ill while waiting for a test result.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

ShineOn7 wrote: »

Infection rate of those with Covid-19 has dropped, latest figures show

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0404/1128496-covid-19-figures/?fbclid=IwAR29MDeTiVSQh2zyzdg0lW8XSs5qgUlXlQQKXeWi3exUCN4U2CoiRMX_U3c

On 16 March, a person infected with Covid-19 here would "likely" infect another 4.3 people.

Minister for Health Simon Harris said that by the end of March, this dropped to 2.5 people.

At a news conference this afternoon, Mr Harris said that this is "real progress", but said we need to get this number below one. He said if we can reduce this figure to below one, it means the "virus doesn't sustain itself in the community".

Mr Harris said that the next seven days will be "absolutely critical".
    The number of "close contacts" recorded for people with the virus has now reduced to three, down from around 20 a few weeks ago.

Mr Harris said that this is because we are now "making it harder for the disease to spread".

However he said, even though the rate of growth is slowing, it is still too high"

Yes, ideally you'd want the new case growth rate well under 5% every day : that would be the first real sign things were starting to shift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

There's a standalone America/Trump thread here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058067359&page=4

Maybe all the commentary on this loo laa's daily conferences should go there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Why did SARS not take off in the way this virus did? Canada was the only country outside of 4 or 5 countries in asia that got it in any way bad

Possibly not the only one, but one reason is that SARS only became contagious once people had developed clear symptoms while Covid 19 can be contagious with no symptoms.

Someone who feels sick will naturally reduce social interactions and it also made it easier to detect and isolate contagious people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Comparing Varadkar and Trump is apples and oranges, no pun intended.

The US has a population of 350 million with the same air traffic as the rest of the world combined.

Ireland has the population of a small US state.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

No that’s exactly what I believe.

Sorry towns around the country cancelled their own parades before that c*nt decided we should.

That isn’t down to Leo. He is useless and always has been.

Even that status would still put him way ahead of Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Are we including nursing home deaths in our figures? No-one seems to know.

Did they not state at a press conference that all death figures here included hospital and non hospital deaths. Think they used clinical and non clinical terms.
    If anything, we seem to be over stating the deaths, it's almost like every death gets tested and if they are positive for covid19, it get added to the statistics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement