Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XII - 4,604 in ROI (137 deaths) 998 in NI (56 deaths)(04/04) **Read OP**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Ridiculous , broadcasting from a shed ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Arghus wrote: »
    One in four cases require hospitalisation? Yikes that's a bit scary. Is there anything skewing that figure.

Early cases were all isolated in hospital regardless of severity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

One in four cases require hospitalisation? Yikes that's a bit scary. Is there anything skewing that figure.

Yes. The first hundred or so cases were admitted for isolation purposes. They stopped doing that and instructed people to isolate in place at home. Should be 1 in 5 needing hospitalisation in general.

Hospitals can't handle isolating everyone who gets it. Makes hospitals go through ppe quicker. Risks a higher level of transmissions etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,783 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

Why?

They arent to best of my knowledge infactual.

The problem is that nobody knows where he's got the figure of four nurses dead from COVID19.

Well, I have an idea, that he's getting them out of his arse, but it's all conjecture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

coastwatch wrote: »
    It's been widely reported that about 5% of covid 19 cases require intensive care treatment.
    We currently have around 2850 active cases, so it shouldn't be any surprise if there was upwards of 140 in ICU.

It's actually been higher in Italy. 9-11% We don't have the same ICU capacity as Italy. We have a fraction of it.

We have limited capacity.

Our ICU capacity is not for exclusive use of Covid19 patients. It is also shared with other patients that have other critical health needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

tigger123 wrote: »
    Paddy Cosgrave seems to be implying that the HSE is suppressing this information. Can't see what they would have to gain by doing so.

Surely it would come out if nurses are dead like that? If this lad is making it up it is truely mad stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,701 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Sad intro on Clair Byrne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Jesus I hate Paddy Cosgrave. Attention seeking moron spreading lie to get likes. Vermin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,783 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks like Claire Byrne's still in the shed tonight.
    owlbethere wrote: »
    Will Friday nights late late show be live from Ryan's shed?

Should Claire be out of isolation / quarantine now like Tubs and Prince Charles

Is it 14 days self isolation and then 14 days or 4 days quarantine if positive for Covid19

• Advertisement

Achasanai wrote: »
    The problem is that nobody knows where he's got the figure of four nurses dead from COVID19.

Well, I have an idea, that he's getting them out of his arse, but it's all conjecture.

Id hazard a guess he has someone close on the national panel,whoz feeding him said info

The HSE are notorious for silencing internal critism/stunting people who speak out careers.....obvious solution here is for someone to clarify the info

This shouldnt be taken as approval of his tweets,/actions

Just think demanding he be silenced and excluded seems irrational,and as such only serves to shut down any discussion??

Not much point in having a discussion forum,which deosnt allow opposing views imo

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

GHS INDEX - Ireland

https://www.ghsindex.org/country/ireland/

GHS INDEX - Worldwide

https://www.ghsindex.org/
    The GHS Index is the first comprehensive assessment of global health security capabilities in 195 countries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,701 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Should Claire be out of isolation / quarantine now like Tubs and Prince Charles

Is it 14 days self isolation and then 14 days or 4 days quarantine if positive for Covid19

IIRC 14 days from symptoms onset or if you have a fever 7 days after the fever breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 toneygecko

So I was stopped at a checkpoint down the road from work there today on my way home. I had a letter ready to go from work (essential sector) and ID in my wallet and was watching the guard, he put his big lámh up for me to stop, he eyeballed my tax/insurance and just waved me on. Like are they not even going to challenge people??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Id hazard a guess he has someone close on the national panel,whoz feeding him said info

The HSE are notorious for silencing internal critism/stunting people who speak out careers.....obvious solution here is for someone to clarify the info

Just think demanding he be silenced and excluded seems irrational,and as such only serves to shut down any discussion??

Not much point in having a discussion forum,which deosnt allow opposing views imo

This thread is about the coronavirus, not Paddy Cosgrave's little tantrum against the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mrfacts

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    We already have a suicide problem in Ireland, I imagine this is gonna increase a lot now that everyone is locked inside.

Well not being able to go to the pub is not the end of the world. We just learned tonight that a local pub was at the centre of the Covid 19 spread, we were all contacted from The Red Cove Inn in Ave De Rennes Mahon Cork to be tested for Covid 19 and the place is getting a deep cleaning. We are on the right track, that we are able to find and isolate where the spreads are coming from. A semi lock down is not bad at all, be grateful you are not in a different country with tougher regimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Well some have asked for his sources and one particular detailed tweet asking where he got his info from was removed straightaway.

That's shutting down discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭tigger123

He needs to provide a source or some evidence to back up his claims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

fritzelly wrote: »
    IIRC 14 days from symptoms onset or if you have a fever 7 days after the fever breaks

5 days after Fever imo. Which is tomorrow for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

toneygecko wrote: »
    So I was stopped at a checkpoint down the road from work there today on my way home. I had a letter ready to go from work (essential sector) and ID in my wallet and was watching the guard, he put his big lámh up for me to stop, he eyeballed my tax/insurance and just waved me on. Like are they not even going to challenge people??!!

Was told today of an old lady who's NCT was out and they were going to seize the car off her. She broke down crying as she was going to care for her elderly sister.

Now I have been very Impressed by the Gardai and other public servants in their approach to all this . I really hope they use common sense and do not lose goodwill and the respect of the normal people who are affected in all of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

He backtracked on something he had said and obviously got a letter threatening legal action. The he came out with a fawning apology and stated how great O'Brien was for his generous donations.
    Ah alright, don't wanna trawl through his timeline.

This thread is about the coronavirus, not Paddy Cosgrave's little tantrum against the government.

Noone said otherwise??

Just think,if said tweet is true,those demandin it be shut down/not discussed are doing a disservice

But sure lookit,cant see any point in re-iterating my view anymore than i have,but seems twitter isnt only echo chamber about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭Be right back

He's unreal. Stating that without evidence to back it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭tigger123

Noone said otherwise??

Just think,if said tweet is true,those demandin it be shut down/not discussed are doing a disservice

But sure lookit,cant see any point in re-iterating my view anymore than i have,but seems twitter isnt only echo chamber about

By the same logic I should tweet that 8 Doctors died from Corona virus, and the Government are covering it up.

No one should ask that I back it up. Stop censoring me.

sterz wrote: »
    Well some have asked for his sources and one particular detailed tweet asking where he got his info from was removed straightaway.

That's shutting down discussion.

He's a gowl tbf like,

But i cant see how he can post x,without some info to back it up....i hope it will be cleared at press conference tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I have a friend with the condition, and has it fairly mild (no serious flare-ups in years) and has been on immune-suppressants since diagnosis. I just assumed they all were, but maybe there are even milder cases which don't require drug therapies.
    I have it myself, so was looking at the reprecussions of it.
    After a flare up, you go onto steroids to clear it up and if it's a mild case then no more treatment required. But you can flare up again in the future. I think if you keep flaring up, then it's onto the medication, some of which are immune supressants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Was told today of an old lady who's NCT was out and they were going to seize the car off her. She broke down crying as she was going to care for her elderly sister.

Now I have been very Impressed by the Gardai and other public servants in their approach to all this . I really hope they use common sense and do not lose goodwill and the respect of the normal people who are affected in all of this.

I'd seriously doubt this. Unless the NCT has been out for yonks they wouldn't be doing this, especially with the fact you can't even get a test or a full test now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Noone said otherwise??

There's absolutely nothing to suggest it's true other than Paddy's repeated claims.

It's blatantly obvious from his tweets that his main objective is having a go at the government. I don't see what it adds to the thread yet he's brought up every single day on here.

tigger123 wrote: »
    By the same logic I should tweet that 8 Doctors died from Corona virus, and the Government are covering it up.

No one should ask that I back it up. Stop censoring me.

Noone said he shouldnt back up his figures

That is a classic strawman misrepresemtation of what i said....i havnt posted anything close to that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭RiseAbove4

So let’s look at the maths of it all;

- It has an R0 of roughly 2 (for every person that has it, they pass it onto two)

- it’s estimated at least 60-70% of us will get this

- 1 in 5 people in Ireland who’ve had it so far have been hospitalised

Somebody please tell me if some positivity amongst those numbers before I have my first drink in three years

Because I’m failing to see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

The first 80ish cases were admitted to hospital regardless of condition, for quarantine. It's only a small number of the total cases now though, so doesn't skew the figures as much now

• Registered Users Posts: 18 toneygecko

Claire loves her sex dungeon, some say she'll never leave.

Just off camera

Mercy-31.jpg

LOL, the resemblance is kind of striking in that portrait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Turtwig wrote: »
    She still has to self isolate. Including from you. Test isn't required for that.
    She has been told by her manager that she and the other two staff are to continue working.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

RiseAbove4 wrote: »

-1 in 5 people who had a confirmed positive test has been hospitalised, many more have it with no symptoms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭growleaves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

My 2c....

"so far" --> I think unless we test everyone in the country then its hard to say whether 1/5 will hold. We have no real idea how many people have had (and recovered) and are not counted

- It has an R0 of roughly 2 (for every person that has it, they pass it onto two)

Somebody please tell me if some positivity amongst those numbers before I have my first drink in three years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭growleaves

1 in 5 people who had a confirmed positive test has been hospitalised, many more have it with no symptoms

I'm beginning to think people are going to lose money at the bookies if the death rate is revised downwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Ace2007 wrote: »
    If you ground all flights - that means no supplies getting into the country, it means no Irish abroad getting home - no Irish doctors/nurses able to return home - your ok with all these thought yea?

By banning all public transport - you stop essential workers from getting to work who don't drive - again are you ok with this? I'm not - I want them to get to work to serve our country.

Nursing home staff in full hazmats - is this to scare the life out of the residents - it is their home - it's a time when their families and friends can't visit them, and now you want them to think they are in some sci-fi film. Think about this - The sfaff themselves don't want this. As someone who has a loved one in a nursing home and who is paying for it - I don't my loved one thinking they are in a sci-fi movie and feeling scared.

Random temp checks on the street - who do you propose is going to carry out these random checks? If you have a temp - there is nothing wrong with going for a walk while in isolation.

You want to break GDPR and share medical history with the Garda - and what happens if this information become public, because Garda Paul told his wife, or put in Whatapp and gets round the neighbour - again are you ok with this?

There are people that won't pay TV licence - they aren't going to pay a fine.

You see you name 5/6 ideas which all can be easily challenged and are not practical.

FFS, you know well I meant ground passenger flights not cargo flights. I've said that numerous times on here if you'd pay attention. I've also said nurses and doctors should be brought home in a controlled manner. They shouldnt be put on a plane with potentially infected covid passengers from london for example.

Putting nurses and doctors on public transport to get infected? Smart move alright.

Scare the life out of nursing home patients? You think dying of covid19 is a better option for them?

You want someone with Covid 19 to spread it because you're afraid of GDPR? You're joking right?

Care to post your 5 now?

Sounds to me like you've no ideas yourself, only in reacting to what others say.

Lol, Where on earth do people get these crazy figures from?

STB. wrote: »
    It is you that is wrong. The only number that the HSE are watching right now is the demands on ICU beds from Covid19 at that moment in time.

It is the number of Covid patients who need ICU beds at this moment in time. On the 20th it was 17. It has gradually increased to 88. Some died. It is now 84 in ICU receiving treatment. Critical cases.

"Have needed" Do you think people are turned around in 24 hours, off you go ? Let me spell it out for you.

Intensive Care Unit. Critical care. We have 500 ICU beds. 84 right now taken up by Covid19 patients. Other patients without Covid19 share ICU capacity out of the 500 beds available.

Don't respond again. You haven't a breeze.

I am correct, it is you who hasn’t a breeze.

The numbers are clearly cumulative how else are they giving percentages if they total number who need hospitalisation and then giving the percentage of that who needed icu and that’s 84 as of today.

84 is the total number since day 1 who have passed though ICU up to Saturday night simple as that.

You like most reporters etc are either not understanding or purposely misrepresenting the figures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

the PPE used in Ireland doesnt looks as protective as the gear used in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

growleaves wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think people are going to lose money at the bookies if the death rate is revised downwards.

Hahaha, brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

New Home wrote: »

That ranking also seems to put the US and UK at the top of the security list, yet those two countries have made a total hames of it so far.

I'm tending to think that political stability, pragmatism and solidarity are playing a lot into this - particularly in terms of ability of the public to maintain order, governments to source equipment and supplies and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Nermal

ITman88 wrote: »
    -1 in 5 people who had a confirmed positive test has been hospitalised, many more have it with no symptoms

Exactly. Per Iceland study, upper bound of one in fifty requiring hospitalisation. Ignore any percentages derived from non-random testing. They’re noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Summer2020 wrote: »
    Ridiculous , broadcasting from a shed ffs

She never got the memo than mandates a bookshelf should be behind her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

Mrfacts wrote: »
    Well not being able to go to the pub is not the end of the world. We just learned tonight that a local pub was at the centre of the Covid 19 spread, we were all contacted from The Red Cove Inn in Ave De Rennes Mahon Cork to be tested for Covid 19 and the place is getting a deep cleaning. We are on the right track, that we are able to find and isolate where the spreads are coming from. A semi lock down is not bad at all, be grateful you are not in a different country with tougher regimes.

Have they not been closed for more than 14 days at this stage and wont be open for at least another month? What's the point of a deep clean ? Genuinely interested in the reason behind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

I agree to a point, but as we don't know where he's getting the numbers or facts from, it can be very dangerous to say that nurses are dying. It can cause panic not even just in the general public, but it would be absolutely terrifying if you read his tweet and you work in a hospital.

It could well be he's telling the truth/getting it from a verified source, but there's a reason that 'source' has become a cliche in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

- 1 in 5 people in Ireland who’ve had it so far have been hospitalised.

- 1 in 5 people in Ireland who’ve tested positive for it so far have been hospitalised.

10s or 100s of '000s have been infected.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,842 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

STB. wrote: »
    Don't respond again. You haven't a breeze.
    If you have a problem with a post or poster report it and leave the modding to the mods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Stheno wrote: »
    Wtf is he at?

His usual attention seeking dickheadery

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement