Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XII - 4,604 in ROI (137 deaths) 998 in NI (56 deaths)(04/04) **Read OP**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,330 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

leavingirl wrote: »
    Cognitive dissonance. Expect an internet blackout soon. The pandemic narrative being pushed by the Covid crew is leaking badly.

:D You have to laugh at the nonsense at times.

What the heck are you on about? And which planet are you on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭threeball

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    :D You gave to laugh at the nonsense at times.

What the heck are you on about? And which planet are you on?

I'd say she was posting videos from outside the hospital the other night making claims about 5G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭circadian

I seen a website recently that had a map of Ireland and places that required or were drop spots for equipment donations. I'm up the walls with work at the minute so haven't had much luck in a quick search.

If anyone knows what I'm on about could ye PM me a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I would like to know where he gets his information from. No other media outlets appears to have it. I hope that it isn't true.

The same place most people get their facts from.

Whatsapp.

I mean, how the **** is he relevant? He's an event organiser, albeit a successful one. (Despite what I think of him and/or Web Summit, it is currently a success. If he hadn't thrown his toys out of the pram, I would still like to see the Summit in Ireland, not Lisbon.)

It sounds like he's nearly jealous that the CoronaVirus has done what he wasn't able to, bring Dublin to a standstill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OscarMIlde wrote: »
    Try sudocrem on the worst areas at night. It's the only thing that worked for me.

Aqueous cream is good too - my hands are destroyed as well :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

What time are they turning on the 5G?

Want to bring in the dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

threeball wrote: »
    I'd say she was posting videos from outside the hospital the other night making claims about 5G.

While using an iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Gods Gift wrote: »

Bill Gates is flying in to do the 5G big "Turn On" later at some stage

STB. wrote: »
    That's exactly what it doesn't mean.

It means that 84 people are currently in ICU.

Yesterday there were 88 people with Covid19 in ICU.

The numbers will go up if more people are admitted and down if people die or recover to allow them to recover outside a ICU unit, normally a high dependency unit. A combination of deaths and new admissions will result only in a number reported IN ICU at anyone time. This is a critical measurement stat for ICU capacity.

Now let it go.

The significance of the numbers being reported are to show the pressure our health system is under at X moment in time and to show when we are reaching capacity. Nothing else.

You either don’t understand basic English and maths or you are trolling.

The 84 figure reported yesterday was from Saturday night, the alleged 88 figure which has not been confirmed by the official team was on Sunday so that still rallies with it being the total cumulative number.

In the previous post it’s very clear that it’s a total cumulative number as the total hospitalisation number is calculated as a percent of the total cases and the icu number given as the sunset of these they needed it. Please explain how you are explaining away this simple and clear calculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Gods Gift wrote: »

Just make sure you double up on the tinfoil hat. be grand.

• Advertisement

I watched that usual HSE conference and I don't believe we are getting all the facts at all. look at Tony playing with his wedding ring and count how many times the other doctor shifts his phone.. they're holding back on facts.
    I don't buy the way they tell us the vast Majority will have a cold , moderate flu or even no symptoms at all and then another healthy human being is wiped out and on the front pages of Daily mail and the likes, we're all human and it's not mutating to that degree. I notice every Tom hanks, edris elba and ryan turbidy, seem to get a stay at home for a few days I'm fine from skype dose and joe public is told this will kill you indiscriminately.
    Where's the encouraging news to promote mental health, like X have now recovered, etc..or is the idea, hey guys it's me Ryan, I'm doing my bit, you guys must follow the rules, No ten day wait for his receipt of and confirmation via test either. Could be cabin fever but some things are not adding up for me.
    The stammering and rowing back on kits and all that, is just not believable.

dougm1970 wrote: »
    this makeshift hospital in central park in new york, made up of tents...how strong are those ?..weatherproof-wise ..wind etc ?...how are they heated ?....if the ground is wet outside and gets muddy with all the foot traffic from staff, how do they keep inside of tents clean ?

Mats, how do they keep Croke Park from turning into muck during a concert.

The soil moisture def is probably not as high as here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Nermal

tigger123 wrote: »
    Curve is beginning to move in a positive direction, as per the headline on this morning's Irish Times.

It all seems to be worth the effort!

At €865M per week? https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113004587

Two new Luas lines a week? Two port tunnels?
    Another T2 or three new runways in Dublin airport a week?

It's not worth it, not in the slightest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭This is it

rusty cole wrote: »
    I watched that usual HSE conference and I don't believe we are getting all the facts at all. look at Tony playing with his wedding ring and count how many times the other doctor shifts his phone.. they're holding back on facts.
    I don't buy the way they tell us the vast Majority will have a cold , moderate flu or even no symptoms at all and then another healthy human being is wiped out and on the front pages of Daily mail and the likes, we're all human and it's not mutating to that degree. I notice every Tom hanks, edris elba and ryan turbidy, seem to get a stay at home for a few days I'm fine from skype dose and joe public is told this will kill you indiscriminately.
    Where's the encouraging news to promote mental health, like X have now recovered, etc..or is the idea, hey guys it's me Ryan, I'm doing my bit, you guys must follow the rules, No ten day wait for his receipt of and confirmation via test either. Could be cabin fever but some things are not adding up for me.

Tell us, what do you believe is happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

rusty cole wrote: »
    Apart from the need to vent and it's a healthy thing to do in these times, a lot of this information he "repeats" is freely available on the interweb from reputable sources, i.e. not the Daily Mail. I do think the issue of kits is a worldwide problem, not just ours.

Here's a link to the virus mutation claim to start you off.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/scientists-say-the-coronavirus-is-not-mutating-quickly-and-might-respond-to-a-single-vaccine/ar-BB11EJmL?li=BBnb7Kz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

More info about wuhan deaths coming out. Evidence that death count wasn't accurate. Surprise.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1244864160434982917?s=20

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Nermal wrote: »

Maybe Belarus have it right? Vodka and saunas. Time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭tigger123

Why does everything discussed on the internet get dragged down to discussing conspiracy theories?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

And the cost of letting the health care system crash?

• Advertisement

You might be happy enough to swap a Luas line for human lives but most people aren't so deranged thankfully.

Its not worth saving thousands of lifes?

So you'd be happy with a "tolerable" death toll and so-called herd immunity because it's cheaper.
    That route has an economic cost as well in a huge number of lost days due to illness.

Why does everything discussed on the internet get dragged down to discussing conspiracy theories?
    It's the internet and they are fun for most of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

How long can these lockdowns and self isolation last . Stop the spread / Flatten the curve etc . There is no end game . Just prolonging everything .

At what stage do they advise vulnerable people and over 70s to cocoon and the rest of society slowly gets back to a normalish way of living ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

You either don’t understand basic English and maths or you are trolling.

The 84 figure reported yesterday was from Saturday night, the alleged 88 figure which has not been confirmed by the official team was on Sunday so that still rallies with it being the total cumulative number.

In the previous post it’s very clear that it’s a total cumulative number as the total hospitalisation number is calculated as a percent of the total cases and the icu number given as the sunset of these they needed it. Please explain how you are explaining away this simple and clear calculation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus-ireland-should-look-seriously-at-closing-borders-to-keep-new-infections-out-1.4215321

ICU concerns
    Some 88 Covid-19-infected patients were in ICU on Saturday and there were 167 ICU beds still available, as the HSE scales up the number of critical care beds with life-saving ventilators.

• Advertisement

My favoirite conspiracy, is a conspiracy of ravens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

It's worth every cent.

How long can these lockdowns and self isolation last . Stop the spread / Flatten the curve etc . There is no end game . Just prolonging everything .

At what stage do they advise vulnerable people and over 70s to cocoon and the rest of society slowly gets back to a normalish way of living ?
    Well, we've had another 7-10 days advisory. If it comes down to a very small day on day increase by Easter we might see more positive noises on that front. 2-3 weeks at least to relax some of these, May for most and normality of sorts June/July is my guess.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,892 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Syphilis

No one knows, many factors many of them we dont know, its a new virus.

If it follows the flu, and it peters out over the summer we might get back to a less restricted phase for a few months but we would need to prepare for the second wave in the 4th quarter of 2020 and shut things down again. Or until we get a vaccine for the most vunerable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

The idea is to prolong it, and we're only at the beginning stages. Over 70s and vulnerable people are going to suffer more but that doesn't mean the rest of us won't. We flatten the curve, with the aim being to ease the pressure on the health services. If the health service gets overwhelmed, we are all fúcked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭john9876

I haven't read the full thread but is it correct to say that the death rate in Ireland is roughly half that of the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭threeball

You might be happy enough to swap a Luas line for human lives but most people aren't so deranged thankfully.

With all the people working from home we won't need a new luas line anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Dissapointed with Spains numbers yesterday ... on the rise again :(

john9876 wrote: »
    I haven't read the full thread but is it correct to say that the death rate in Ireland is roughly half that of the UK?

Correct

UK are at about 21 per million
    Ireland is at 11 per million

Disappointed with Spains numbers yesterday ... on the rise again :(
    But more slowly. Hopefully a week or so from peak and then it will begin to get better. :)

Some positive news from Italy. Public health measures are proven to help. It takes time and it costs. We have to pay as the alternative would be chaos.

https://twitter.com/QuickTake/status/1244669990168678400?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Not Nermal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,830 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Dissapointed with Spains numbers yesterday ... on the rise again :(

Remember their lockdown is 5 days behind Italy, I think also the fact that Madrid had been hardest hit in Spain means it may end up being a lot worse there than in Italy. A lockdown should work, but may take a bit longer in Spain because of where the virus has been most prevalent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

is_that_so wrote: »
    But more slowly. Hopefully a week or so from peak and then it will begin to get better. :)

For sure it's improving, I was just hopeful it would be even quicker...

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Some positive news from Italy. Public health measures are proven to help. It takes time and it costs. We have to pay as the alternative would be chaos.

https://twitter.com/QuickTake/status/1244669990168678400?s=20

Can you tell me anything about the background of these numbers?

Are they testing as much? Are the suffering a shortage of test kits? Are they able to keep labs going?

I'm sorry but Im not sure we can read anything into a dailly change like that at the moment.

Yesterday's Italian death rate was still horrific but we wouldn't expect to see that fall for another week or two if steps taken are working.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Correct

UK are at about 21 per million
    Ireland is at 11 per million

Citation needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hi. What's the number to text the WHO to get info on your phone? Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

bb12 wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus-ireland-should-look-seriously-at-closing-borders-to-keep-new-infections-out-1.4215321

ICU concerns
    Some 88 Covid-19-infected patients were in ICU on Saturday and there were 167 ICU beds still available, as the HSE scales up the number of critical care beds with life-saving ventilators.

The media has been incorrectly reporting the cumulative ICU numbers as current since the beginning so I see no reason to take them figures as fact. Also they say 88 on Saturday while the official figures are 84 on Saturday. The only numbers that can be believed is those published on gov.ie and these are cumulative numbers with our most up to date figure being 84 people in total have needed ICU since the start of the outbreak up to Saturday evening.

Citation needed.

Can we have a citation for your internet blackout claim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Nermal

BanditLuke wrote: »
    It's worth every cent.

Our government routinely makes the choice that it is in fact not 'worth every cent' when approving drugs.

Go ask these guys: http://www.ncpe.ie/ and they'll tell you that a year of healthy life is worth €20,000-€45,000.

We had better be saving a lot of people a lot of years...

Citation needed.

LoL

the source is probably the most popular website in the universe right now.

Look it up yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mikeoc85

bb12 wrote: »

ICU concerns

If we only have 167 more ICU beds available then this government need to serve time in prison.

That's criminal, and incredibly slow moving since they've know for weeks now they'd need hundreds more...get F*cking moving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement