Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XII - 4,604 in ROI (137 deaths) 998 in NI (56 deaths)(04/04) **Read OP**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

It’s all over the british papers this morning (the headline in the guardian). Derbyshire police have been particularly guilty in overreaching their power
    This must be a dream come true for every up and coming little Hitler!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,829 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Lombardy (the worst hit Italian region) abandoned community testing a few weeks back. They may have gone back to testing since I dont know.

I'm just suspicious that if testing was abandoned in one Italian region maybe it was abandoned in others.

So if I see numbers go down I ask what's going on rather than yay numbers are down.

Fair enough, I haven't seen stats regarding testing numbers...time will tell...I prefer to be positive Ciaran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Checking temperature would detect the 'open' cases, those who are already shedding virus all over the place. Stopping them at the airport would have saved a lot of heartache and clusters here later.

If you looked closer at Nextstrain you would find that the Netherlands strain of virus infected Northern Italy, and from there back to Ireland.

Checking temperatures can indeed catch cases with fever, and this is why Italy implemented it at arrivals on all international flights since 31 January.
    (Sadly, that did not stop the virus arriving to Italy from Germany likely from someone that had no fever).

As for Nextstrain, indeed the virus arrived first in the Netherlands and Germany, and then spread from there.
    "The Covid-19 disease was already being transmitted among health care workers in Noord-Brabant from as early as 19 February".
    https://nltimes.nl/2020/03/28/arriva...-study-reveals

Basically: the main airport hubs in the Netherlands and in Germany (and London and Paris to a lesser extent) were the gateways to the virus, and then spread via Skiing holidays in Austria, France and Italy; Carnival in Germany and Italy; sporting events...

Anyway, nothing stopped/stops Ireland from installing at the airports the same thermal scanners that Italy has.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQWj9Tl47-UuhErCoaYhHyDmT8VnsXm1yP-CqdNVIX6ms05Qbet&usqp=CAU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

What are British police doing that is over reaching, ? I havnt heard anything about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

You do know when someone posts a link that they might not actually be the person who tweeted it. Take for example this one.
    I'm not an Elvis impersonator but I find that video hilarious and other people might too. Sharing information is powerful.

https://twitter.com/VizualDze/status/1244758989306580997?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

Wibbs wrote: »
    Our Guards are very different to the British police in philosophy and approach. I'm not surprised to see the over reach happening there.

There is a serious sense of 'we are better then the UK' during this crisis and its not true. Plenty of cops over reach here in Ireland . Scroll through youtube videos or videos on what's app of cops acting terribly here too. Maybe not during this pandemic because people are obiding by the measures. We have to stop the brit bashing becuse it prevents us from seeing our own failures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Untrue. Ignore the union propaganda. Average nurse pay in Ireland is mid €50ks per year. Many ICU nurses will be on more than even that. At least, that's what the HSE say, and they pay the bill so should know. Also, the HSE pays for their 'advanced training' - they don't pay a penny themselves normally, and indeed, get fully paid time off work to attend the courses.
    Well I know that my friend’s daughter paid for her own Masters, is an ICU nurse, and is very poorly paid for her high level of training and expertise. They have not seen her for weeks and may not see her for months as it is unsafe for her to visit her parents. As for time off for further education, she seemed to spend every spare minute studying, when not working or in college. That is what I know, it’s not union propaganda.

wakka12 wrote: »
    What are British police doing that is over reaching, ? I havnt heard anything about it

I can’t post a link but look at the Guardian. Police chiefs are having to draw up new guidance, so stop overzealous policing, and it has been discussed on radio 5 live all morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,643 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    There is a serious sense of 'we are better then the UK' during this crisis and its not true. Plenty of cops over reach here in Ireland . Scroll through youtube videos or videos on what's app of cops acting terribly here too. Maybe not during this pandemic because people are obiding by the measures. We have to stop the brit bashing becuse it prevents us from seeing our own failures.

We do thing diffrently and it may bebetter but they are getting their act together now. There is no getting around the fact that we did act quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

otnomart wrote: »
    You see: when people started heading out on skiing trips, it was not yet known that the German outbreak had not been fully contained yet.
    It was not yet known either that someone had died by Covid in Valencia as early on 13 February, and that the virus was already circulating in Europe.
    I mentioned earlier that Italy stopped all flights to/from China on 31 January, and immediately started checking temperatures at Arrivals from all other International flights, to catch anyone with a fever coming indirectly via London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Paris. Still, the virus arrived to Italy (via Germany).
    With hindsight, Ireland should have also started checking temperatures at Arrivals from all other International flights. US included (COVID19 has been circulating in the US since 15 January , but undetected due to lack of testing https://bedford.io/blog/ncov-cryptic-transmission/ )

But, even checking temperatures, that would not have prevented someone flying to Ireland from the US, UK, Netherlands, Germany with no fever but still carrying the virus.
    That happened anyway, as Nextstrain clearly shows that the first cases in Ireland got the virus from contacts with the UK and the Netherlands (not Italy).

Duh.

Again the nextstrain simply shows the Clade of the virus. Northern Italy aka skiing destinations there acted as mixing pot of there the UK Netherlands Ireland etc.

Our first known clusters originated from Northern Italy. Its not rocket science to understand that limiting flights from those hot spots and similar would have delayed transmission here once it was known the number of cases coming from there.

You know flattening the curve and all that jazz ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

They threatened a shopkeeper with a charge of criminal damage because he painted distancing marks on the pavement outside his shop.

There are other instances of ridiculous policing in the UK to be found online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

That's a 20% rate of positives which would seem to indicate cases are only tested there on a higher set of specifications than the "any 2" standard here.
    Since 27 March, Italy is testing also people with only one symptom.
    Source: https://www.adnkronos.com/salute/2020/03/27/coronavirus-fontana-tamponi-anche-per-solo-sintomo_v7bjqIRrywCHG9yAYGYNZJ.html

Awful numbers from Spain. What the hell is going on there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

Amirani wrote: »
    Visiting to nursing homes was ended when schools were closed 2 and a half weeks ago. The clusters have only been developing in past few days. Given the average time to hospitalisation for older patients is 5/6 days, then it's overwhelmingly likely that the infections took place well after the ban on visitors.

I'd go as far as saying it's essentially impossible these current infections happened 3 weeks ago and are only leading to hospitalisation now. It's much more likely it has been caused by nursing home staff, supply deliveries etc.

Sorry have to correct that....We are only hearing about the Nursing Home clusters in the last few days. The important word here is hearing (unofficially)..:.prior to this we were only being told of cases in East West North South information. Independent broke the 14 infected case in a Nursing Homes in East on 22 March these cases tested positive well before that and symptoms would have surfaced even earlier .... so the 3 week window from March 6 is convenient camouflaging and the 3 week window does not apply to HSE run Nursing Homes and also not forgetting residential units

Who knows how the staff or nursing home residents picked up the virus but closing the homes to visitors was the right call by the nursing homes and ignoring the CMO response was correct but,unfortunately HSE run nursing homes couldn’t ignore it and had to allow visitors back in . It was only after this that HSE Paul Reid appeared on the airwaves and returned individual autonomy of hospitals to their their individual CEO

So of the 22 nursing home clusters how many are HSE run?

Instead of admonishing the Nursing Homes for acting unilaterally why didn’t the CMO/ dept of health /Government use the opportunity to go further and cocoon them? Or had Leo’s spin Doctor not coined that phrase yet?

Unfortunately for cocooning to work in Nursing Homes/ residential settings the staff also need to be cocooned so vigilance in infection control and proper PPE need to be in place in all these settings. Is this the case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

I found this article from January 2019 regarding an ICU nurse.

https://evoke.ie/2019/01/12/extra/viral/nurses-post-wages-icu

rusty cole wrote: »
    A lot of rags today reporting stories whilst trying to tie them into the covid-19 category. Same for a well know one in the UK, when it's obvious a young girl died of a heart attack or sudden adult death syndrome (or at least it has more of the hallmarks than it's more famous killer de jour, COVID-19).

absolute fear mongers... if we're not uninfomed we're misinformed. not all media before some on line journos here start telling me to grab my foil hat...

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/irish-family-hit-with-double-tragedy-as-husband-and-wife-tragically-die-on-same-day/ar-BB11VO7c?ocid=spartandhp
    The fear mongering is completely out of order! For example the way that poor woman who was clearly dying was exploited on Claire Byrne last night.
    I don't care if her family gave permission and if she was in hospital and I'm certain she was why did doctors allow this? I always thought there was something called etiquette. I watched it for about 20 seconds and decided I didn't want to be part of this exploitation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Logan Roy wrote: »
    They were effectively spitting all over each for 2 and a half hours :pac:

It's not exactly proof that you can catch it off someone walking past them in the supermarket.

It's quite simple. Person in aisle two has a good coughing fit and proceeds to another aisle. Oblivious you walk around the corner straight into a droplet spray cloud or touch the shelf close to where there standing and become infected. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭irishlad.

Numbers in ICU up to 103 here

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

International Women's Day!

When Spain looks back, the decision, a couple of weeks ago, to let gatherings and marches go ahead for International Women's Day may be one of their big downfalls!

On earlier versions of this thread, most on here were saying...WTF!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Oh I'm not Brit bashing K and they're certainly far less heavy handed than police in places like Spain and Italy where their forces are more "militaristic" for the want of a better word.
    Again I'd say it's down to very high density dwellings. A city like Madrid is chock full of high rise apartments. Like I was saying earlier the average Irish road of houses is significantly less risky for community spread than the same number of people in a high rise apartment building. If your neighbour here has the virus you can avoid contact with him and the surfaces they touch without even really trying. If they were living in an apartment on your floor you couldn't. You would have to be far more proactive in protecting yourself. That was seen in the 1918 pandemic. People who lived in suburban and extraurban houses were far less affected than those living in shared city housing.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

mariaalice wrote: »
    We do thing diffrently and it may bebetter but they are getting their act together now. There is no getting around the fact that we did act quicker.

Our government made one decision better then theirs. They also acted quicker when it came to the "lockdown", their financial supports were announced sooner and cover 80% of pay rather then 70. They have a better healthcare system than ours and have been looking after their citizens with free healthcare since the 1940's. Our government done a good job late in the outbreak. Neither Britain or Ireland acted soon enough to control the infected people coming into out country. We need to be analytical when we look at the approach of our government. There has been a lot of good done but a lot that could have been done sooner and a lot more that needs to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

People seem to be obsessed with comparing ourselves to the UK. I'm far more interested in how other countries in our Union are doing, Denmark, Finland, Slovakia, Croatia are all similar in size and are following ECDC guidelines and single EU procurement. Objectively we could learn more from what has and has not worked for similar sized countries with a similar socio economic background.

The 'Herd Immunity' fiasco followed by the failure to test those at home with symptoms means that their infection figures are pure works of fantasy.

The open border and the failure to monitor those coming from the UK has the potential to undermine all our best efforts at containment.

The 'Brit bashing' is well deserved IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

irishlad. wrote: »

With 26 ready to go into ICU

Reported here by the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/mar/30/uk-police-guidelines-coronavirus-lockdown-enforcement-powers-following-criticism-lord-sumption

It seems there is a lack of clarity around specific enforcement powers. As is the case here, there is something of a lacunae between what the Government has indicated it wants citizens to do and the enforcability of those measures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

The fear mongering is completely out of order! For example the way that poor woman who was clearly dying was exploited on Claire Byrne last night.
    I don't care if her family gave permission and if she was in hospital and I'm certain she was why did doctors allow this? I always thought there was something called etiquette. I watched it for about 20 seconds and decided I didn't want to be part of this exploitation.

Was that the woman in the mask who didn't need a ventilator or ICU?

I don't think she was dying, or anywhere near it?

Wibbs wrote: »
    Oh I'm not Brit bashing K and they're certainly far less heavy handed than police in places like Spain and Italy where their forces are more "militaristic" for the want of a better word.

Again I'd say it's down to very high density dwellings. A city like Madrid is chock full of high rise apartments. Like I was saying earlier the average Irish road of houses is significantly less risky for community spread than the same number of people in a high rise apartment building. If your neighbour here has the virus you can avoid contact with him and the surfaces they touch without even really trying. If they were living in an apartment on your floor you couldn't. You would have to be far more proactive in protecting yourself. That was seen in the 1918 pandemic. People who lived in suburban and extraurban houses were far less affected than those living in shared city housing.

I've always been stressing that point. Even without the measures that are in place we would likely have seen a slowing in spread compared to Italy and Spain. We live differently to them. Perhaps we should continue with our urban sprawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

irishlad. wrote: »

That is depressing. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭quokula

Our government made one decision better then theirs. They also acted quicker when it came to the "lockdown", their financial supports were announced sooner and cover 80% of pay rather then 70. They have a better healthcare system than ours and have been looking after their citizens with free healthcare since the 1940's. Our government done a good job late in the outbreak. Neither Britain or Ireland acted soon enough to control the infected people coming into out country. We need to be analytical when we look at the approach of our government. There has been a lot of good done but a lot that could have been done sooner and a lot more that needs to be done.

I lived over there until recently and had family members working in the NHS. The statement that their healthcare system is better than ours may have been true in the past but is on shaky ground these days. Ireland spends more per capita on healthcare while the NHS has been in freefall for a decade - The Lancet ranks Ireland's healthcare more highly than the UKs.

I'm sorry but iv'e no problem with the fear mongering. Tbh if it makes people pause for thought about how serious this is then so be it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

They threatened a shopkeeper with a charge of criminal damage because he painted (in chalk) distancing marks on the pavement outside his shop.

There are other instances of ridiculous policing in the UK to be found online.

Added an important part of the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Don't shoot the messenger.
    #notpaddy
    #notdoingitforthelikes

https://twitter.com/paddycosgrave/status/1244932180553449476?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

beolight wrote: »
    Sorry have to correct that....We are only hearing about the Nursing Home clusters in the last few days. The important word here is hearing (unofficially)..:.prior to this we were only being told of cases in East West North South information. Independent broke the 14 infected case in a Nursing Homes in East on 22 March these cases tested positive well before that and symptoms would have surfaced even earlier .... so the 3 week window from March 6 is convenient camouflaging and the 3 week window does not apply to HSE run Nursing Homes and also not forgetting residential units

Who knows how the staff or nursing home residents picked up the virus but closing the homes to visitors was the right call by the nursing homes and ignoring the CMO response was correct but,unfortunately HSE run nursing homes couldn’t ignore it and had to allow visitors back in . It was only after this that HSE Paul Reid appeared on the airwaves and returned individual autonomy of hospitals to their their individual CEO

So of the 22 nursing home clusters how many are HSE run?

Instead of admonishing the Nursing Homes for acting unilaterally why didn’t the CMO/ dept of health /Government use the opportunity to go further and cocoon them? Or had Leo’s spin Doctor not coined that phrase yet?

Unfortunately for cocooning to work in Nursing Homes/ residential settings the staff also need to be cocooned so vigilance in infection control and proper PPE need to be in place in all these settings. Is this the case?

Good post.

I did not know that about visitors being allowed back in. This is worrying if true. It was asking for trouble. If that was the cause of the nursing home clusters, its scandalous. I hope its not true though. The chances of a public report on it are slim.

The handling of nursing homes was just one of a catalog of errors made by the government and HSE, whose incompetence help spread this far and wide here. Remember the advice that you didn't need to isolate after returning from Italy unless you displayed symptoms? That caused a doctor returned from Italy to do a hospital shift and other work. Complete incompetence.

INMO Trolley Watch figures for March 31st 2020

Only 9 people waiting for beds in Irish Hospitals today.

https://www.inmo.ie/Trolley_Ward_Watch

easypazz wrote: »
    Was that the woman in the mask who didn't need a ventilator or ICU?

I don't think she was dying, or anywhere near it?
    I'll withdraw the 'clearly dying' comment and I sincerely hope she makes a recovery. My problem is with RTE and the way they are clearly trying to shock, 99.9% of people are behaving responsibly in my opinion during this crisis so what is the point of RTE creating a climate of fear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

To be fair the fact that we generally do what we are told probably relates to the fact that overall most of us are fairly decent people who want to just get on with their business. It's not necessarily a bad thing. I see there are mutterings of our civil liberties etc being taken from us but its for good reason. We can still be sensible and pop out for a walk. At the end of the day we are being asked to try and kill the resevior of virus for 2 weeks, not pick cotton in our bare feet either.

It’s important to remember also that this isn’t going to last forever. It’s likely we’ll be able to begin to resume some sort of normalcy in 2 months. Even under current conditions were much better off than the Italians or Spanish. The lockdowns there are far more draconian. I’m even sneaking out for a circular run everyday without being much more than 2k from my home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

DOCARCH wrote: »
    International Women's Day!

When Spain looks back, the decision, a couple of weeks ago, to let gatherings and marches go ahead for International Women's Day may be one of their big downfalls!

On earlier versions of this thread, most on here were saying...WTF!

I agree totally, and we can look back at ourselves and say to close all the pubs day before patricks day was one of the most decisive moves to prevent it having been out of control here.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I’m even sneaking out for a circular run everyday without being much more than 2k from my home.

post reported;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

The problem is that nobody knows enough about this virus to be able to predict how it’s spreading in the community. The remarkably different scenarios in different countries doesn’t fit neatly into any ‘model’ so far.
    Nobody seems to be able to explain why it’s so much worse in some countries like Italy and Spain. There are so many theories about different countries counting things in different ways that it’s really impossible to compare one country with another.
    But there is no doubting the body count and Spain is certainly in a bad place on that statistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭BrianD3

The media has been incorrectly reporting the cumulative ICU numbers as current since the beginning so I see no reason to take them figures as fact. Also they say 88 on Saturday while the official figures are 84 on Saturday. The only numbers that can be believed is those published on gov.ie and these are cumulative numbers with our most up to date figure being 84 people in total have needed ICU since the start of the outbreak up to Saturday evening.
    Yes, the wording on gov.ie is clear. If what they *actually* meant was, number of patients currently in ICU, it is very sloppy use of language. This is highly unlikely - the wording will have been carefully chosen and there will be reasoning behind it.

It is very likely that there is some sort of game being played here - possibly to inflate the numbers in ICU to avoid complacency among the public, knowing full well that stupid journalists would misinterpret plain English and "do their dirty work for them".

It's also possible that there will be a subtle change in the wording on gov.ie depending on what message they want to put out and on how things are going.

This is all par for the course for the likes of the HSE.

• Advertisement

I'll withdraw the 'clearly dying' comment and I sincerely hope she makes a recovery. My problem is with RTE and the way they are clearly trying to shock, 99.9% of people are behaving responsibly in my opinion during this crisis so what is the point of RTE creating a climate of fear?

Maybe shock tactics are needed to reach those who are not behaving responsibly.

It put a human face on the damage Covid-19 is doing here. There is no point in trying to varnish the truth in a dangerous pandemic

I don't know about shock, I have seen far worse images from hospitals around the world, rows of people lying on the floor, ICU's in chaos, coffins in refrigerated containers out the back of the hospital etc.

In any case we get bombarded with so much information these days most of it just flies in and out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭1641

I recall a number of posters referring to trials of the BCG vaccine for Covid. I wasn't aware of the apparent correlation between reported national death rates and historic BCG vaccine policy. It seems Italy and Spain (and the US) do not have a comprehensive BCG vaccine programmes, whereas Japan and China do. On the other hand, I think France and the UK had comprehensive programmes also and their death rates seem fairly high.

Anyway The BCG is being trialled in Australia for health workers: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-30/century-old-vaccine-investigated-as-a-weapon-against-coronavirus

Also, there is a related drug to the BCG, but which was originally developed as a treatment for some cancers, that is also being given consideration. Apparently, it emerged that a side effect of the treatment seemed to at least some protection against colds and seasonal flu. It seems to work as as an immune booster.

"As a cancer immunologist, I have been involved with a number of clinical trials involving vaccines and other immune therapies. One of these is a mycobacterial product known as IMM-101, which has proved an effective treatment in melanoma and pancreatic cancer studies.

Intriguingly, a number of participants in trials have remarked that, since having this "vaccine", they have not suffered any flu or cold symptoms, often having succumbed every winter previously. Many were elderly, with more than one serious illness.

More recently, I was asked by colleagues in Norway, with whom I have collaborated on a therapeutic HIV vaccine programme, to help with a Covid-19 inoculation they have manufactured, and which is being produced for trials. I suggested swapping the vaccine's current adjuvant - an ingredient added to boost the immune response - with IMM-101. The result has now been supplied for pre-clinical studies." Prof Angus Dalgleish.
    https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/this-cancer-treatment-seems-to-stop-flu-and-colds-why-not-give-it-a-try-to-help-protect-health-workers-too-39090060.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭elperello

It wasn't shock journalism.

It was a hard watch not intended to create fear but to let people know how bad this virus is.

Yes I read about that, bizarre that it was labelled as a Covid death. But having said that, I don't think it necessarily the newspapers fault, her own family claimed she had died of covid 19

If her family are doctors then ok, but they're not and so it's not for them to claim her cause of death, and the newspapers know that well, but never let the truth get in the way of a good story.... you're right though bizarre. it seems there's only one story in town and they aim to milk it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Don't shoot the messenger.
    #notpaddy
    #notdoingitforthelikes

https://twitter.com/paddycosgrave/status/1244932180553449476?s=20

What's he ringing the Chinese for!!!
    1. This *hitstorm started in their country and they have not been very transparent on it
    2. We're paying for the supplies. It's not as though they're free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Gardaì in the south came across a COVID-19 positive person who was travelling to post a letter. :(:(

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1244930925080842241

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement