Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XII - 4,604 in ROI (137 deaths) 998 in NI (56 deaths)(04/04) **Read OP**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,317 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

froog wrote: »
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/ireland/

103 active cases serious or critical (ICU)

It's clear as day that the numbers are not cumulative and why people persist with the fallacy, that they are, is mind boggling. It seems some just can't comprehend simple English.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

There has been a suspected case of Coronavirus located in Blackrock, Co.Dublin. Emergency services had attended a house located along the Blackrock by-pass in Temple Road just after 4pm this afternoon. <SNIP>

Now what I am posting is obviously unverified information. If anyone living near the house wants to say that this information is not true. That is fine with me as long as we are informed about it. When this crisis has unfolded only weeks ago; I didn't want to take the risk of walking outside that house because I didn't want to get the virus spread onto me & onto other people as I went home. I took the instant precaution of turning around straight away & walked back onto another road to make my journey home instead which was the right thing to do under the circumstances. Just a word of advice to you all. If you do see any emergency service personnel outside someone's property on your travels. Just be very careful in avoiding the virus being spread onto you whenever you do see them. Follow the official medical advice from our government & the HSE & self isolate at home immediately if you ever get symptoms.

Thanks.

Or just take the advice given and only leave the house for necessary trips. It doesn't make a difference to me if the neighbour down the road has it, I'll still take the same precautions whether I'm aware of that information or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

sterz wrote: »
    The amount of people here who begin their posts with OMG, DEAR GOD, JESUS, etc, is incredible.

They're shocked. They're hardly going to open a post with 'Totes amazeballs'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭threeball

Sky predicting that the uk could be up to 10000 deaths by next week at current trends. It would leave them worse than italy.

1641 wrote: »
    OMG.

FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,721 ✭✭✭✭walshb

1641 wrote: »
    OMG.

FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

cnocbui wrote: »
    The UK governments science advisors, probably a cover for Intelligence sources, believe the Chinese have probably under reported their figures which may be as much as 40 times worse. Basing anything on China's figures is an absolute waste of time.
    Was that Dr Cummings?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

darced wrote: »
    I wish some media would actually push them on some of these questions, are there any decent journalists in Ireland?

Have you heard the journalists that ask Tony & co questions?

Journo: What is x?

Tony: X is this.

Next Jouro: Em, what is x?

Tony: X is still this.

Third ****ing Journo: I've a novel question, if X is this, then what is X?

Tony: *Thinking "Are you for ****ing real?" X is this.

George Lee: If panda's aren't ****ing, and China isn't doing anything about it, is X still this?

Tony: ...

--- Next day ---

Paddy W@nking Cosgrove: I HEARD ON WHATSAPP SIMON HARRIS IS EATING PPE INSTEAD OF MUESLI, CAN I BRING WEB SUMMIT BACK TO DUBLIN!?!!1!?11EleventyONE1!!

walshb wrote: »
    FFS!

JEEZ!

Or just take the advice given and only leave the house for necessary trips. It doesn't make a difference to me if the neighbour down the road has it, I'll still take the same precautions whether I'm aware of that information or not.

Exactly, treating everyone as if they are infected is the best course of action.

• Advertisement

Naggdefy wrote: »
    They're shocked. They're hardly going to open a post with 'Totes amazeballs'.

They're shocked at most things it seems. Press conference slightly delayed? OMG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

devnull wrote: »
    Must Watch

Italy are taking a new approach in the South to stop healthcare workers from getting infected with the disease. - Apparently they have found a way to eliminate any of their staff getting the disease.

Report below - it's fascinating to watch.
    https://news.sky.com/iframe/widget/video/4959481

Advance warning that it's probably the most extreme thing you've ever seen in a healthcare setting - but shows the way forward if you have the equipment and the money.

Will loose some amount of weight after a couple of weeks in those suits working in those conditions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,829 ✭✭✭✭bilston

threeball wrote: »
    Sky predicting that the uk could be up to 10000 deaths by next week at current trends. It would leave them worse than italy.

Think he said the end of next week, and that's important because he also pointed out that in the case of Spain the curve started flattening two weeks after their lockdown, so the UK could see a similar flattening early week, the reality is that the UK will reach 10,000 deaths at some point.

Have you heard the journalists that ask Tony & co questions?

Journo: What is x?

Tony: X is this.

Next Jouro: Em, what is x?

Tony: X is still this.

Third ****ing Journo: I've a novel question, if X is this, then what is X?

Tony: *Thinking "Are you for ****ing real?" X is this.

George Lee: If panda's aren't ****ing, and China isn't doing anything about it, is X still this?

Tony: ...

--- Next day ---

Paddy W@nking Cosgrove: I HEARD ON WHATSAPP SIMON HARRIS IS EATING PPE INSTEAD OF MUESLI, CAN I BRING WEB SUMMIT BACK TO DUBLIN!?!!1!?11EleventyONE1!!

George Lee: Sorry I was out of the room (again) but can I ask you all the same questions as the rest of them?

They're shocked at most things it seems. Press conference slightly delayed? OMG!

Fair enough :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Seriously what is it with Paddy Cosgrove, I don't follow that guy but I see people retweeting stuff or I see people complaining. I think some people are being a little economical with the truth, no way are so people so many following him with baited breath and then dropping everything they are doing when he tweets. Healthcare workers will know among themselves who is sick, who is not and who has passed away they don't need to have their twitter alerts go on red alert when Paddy tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

darced wrote: »
    I wish some media would actually push them on some of these questions, are there any decent journalists in Ireland?

I have to agree. There seems to be a certain deference as opposed to asking probing questions. George lee seems to be the only one who has actually questioned further on any answer.

devnull wrote: »
    Must Watch

Italy are taking a new approach in the South to stop healthcare workers from getting infected with the disease. - Apparently they have found a way to eliminate any of their staff getting the disease.

Report below - it's fascinating to watch.
    https://news.sky.com/iframe/widget/video/4959481

Advance warning that it's probably the most extreme thing you've ever seen in a healthcare setting - but shows the way forward if you have the equipment and the money.

Saw that earlier, impressive and terrifying at the same time. Like dealing with ebola.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

I had to leave the house today to go get essentials, bread milk etc.

Holy sweet mother of almighty Jesus

What dont people get? Groups out jogging, numerous families walking, lots of people just seemingly out. Given the layout of the town the footpaths barely allow 2 people side by side so social distancing not possible.

Pi$$ed me off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

I am sick to the bone of my mother not washing her hands and when she does after I beg her its for like 3 seconds with fairy liquid.

Anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,113 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

wakka12 wrote: »
    Nearly 3000 people have died in Europe so far today...I feel actually sick to my stomach, its just so many lives its hard to comprehend ..:(:(:(

In WW2, the European death toll over the course of the war works out at roughly 20,500 deaths, every single day for the 6 years it lasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,420 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The amount of people here who begin their posts with OMG, DEAR GOD, JESUS, etc, is incredible.

It's handy as it allows you to stop reading before you encounter the real drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭iwillyeah1234

Hopkins counter is now 826,000

Looks like we’re going to hit a million early tommorow.

The good news is the weather is to break over the weekend, we won't have to look out at good weather #strawclutching

FLOOPER wrote: »
    The numbers are currently in ICU not accumulated.

No they are accumulated with absolute certainty. Even look at the table they released today where you can clearly see the numbers are accumulated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Why do we always have thick people

Gardai shocked as middle-aged woman with coronavirus found travelling 'to post letter'

Gardai were left shocked after discovering a coronavirus-positive woman posting a letter.

The worrying incident happened recently in the south of the country.

A spokesman said: “Gardai in the south of the county encountered a car occupied by a middle-aged couple.

“The female passenger present informed us that she had been recently diagnosed as Covid-19 positive.

“Despite this diagnosis, they were travelling to post a letter.

“They were immediately directed to return to their residence to self-isolate in accordance HSE and Government guidelines.”

There has been a suspected case of Coronavirus located in Blackrock, Co.Dublin. Emergency services had attended a location outside a house along the Blackrock by-pass in Temple Road just after 4pm this afternoon. When I was walking back from Blackrock today; I had seen one ambulance & one other car linked with the emergency services stop outside the house. When I was standing near the local Catholic Church (St John the Baptist); I saw the ambulance travel along the by-pass from Stradbrook Road & then doing a U-turn at the traffic lights near Frank Keane Motors. They both stopped outside a house located near the traffic lights around the corner of Newtown Avenue.

Now what I am posting is obviously unverified information. If anyone living near the house wants to say that this information is not true. That is fine with me as long as we are informed about it. When this crisis has unfolded only weeks ago; I didn't want to take the risk of walking outside that house because I didn't want to get the virus spread onto me & onto other people as I went home. I took the instant precaution of turning around straight away & walked back onto another road to make my journey home instead which was the right thing to do under the circumstances. Just a word of advice to you all. If you do see any emergency service personnel outside someone's property on your travels. Just be very careful in avoiding the virus being spread onto you whenever you do see them. Follow the official medical advice from our government & the HSE & self isolate at home immediately if you ever get symptoms.

Thanks.

What!

Andrew00 wrote: »
    I am sick to the bone of my mother not washing her hands and when she does after I beg her its for like 3 seconds with fairy liquid.

Anyone else in the same boat?
    You can do what she did with you as a kid and tell her she's not getting any dinner unless she washes them properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Can everyone please stop posting about that person Paddy please! It's really taking up an inordinate amount of this thread, ignore the dumb fyck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,003 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Naggdefy wrote: »
    The good news is the weather is to break over the weekend, we won't have to look out at good weather #strawclutching

The only thing we are missing is a dollop of rain to give the streets a good scrub while there is no one on them :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,420 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Ninthlife wrote: »
    I had to leave the house today to go get essentials, bread milk etc.

Holy sweet mother of almighty Jesus

What dont people get? Groups out jogging, numerous families walking, lots of people just seemingly out. Given the layout of the town the footpaths barely allow 2 people side by side so social distancing not possible.

Pi$$ed me off

'Person who left house, who then proceeds to complain about other people who have left house' - post no. 473.

This is a joke, right?!

I’m totally serious, what’s wrong with wanting consistency with this very important briefing. I’m on the internet all day I have to go looking for the time and then it nearly always changes. What hope so older people have of ever knowing what time it’s on?

No we won't! You said the same yesterday evening for today!

The highest rise was 66,000 last Friday. Today will beat that but you're not going to get 150,000 cases tmrw. Simple maths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,829 ✭✭✭✭bilston

In WW2, the European death toll over the course of the war works out at roughly 20,500 deaths, every single day for the 6 years it lasted.

Not sure of the relevance, however it was an horrendous body count, plus the vast majority of those deaths were from 1941/42 onwards, so the average during those years would have been utterly horrendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

What!

Yep :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,698 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Can everyone please stop posting about that person Paddy please! It's really taking up an inordinate amount of this thread, ignore the dumb fyck.

And planes and masks - we'd still be on thread one

Hopkins - 777k cases , 37k deaths
    https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Looks like we’re going to hit 1 million cases some time tommorow probably.

Ah sure you'll be right one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lusocu

I have a housemate who refuses to apply social distancing. She doesn't work. She spends every day out visiting her friends houses and going on trips to Wicklow from Dublin for walks. I explained everything to her and the consequences of her actions for the population. It's driving me nuts. I'm doing everything I can to minimize contact and am holed up in my room after work everyday and all weekend. May as well concede I'm going to get infected soon and be out of work for a few weeks at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I’m totally serious, what’s wrong with wanting consistency with this very important briefing. Even in the internet all day I have to go looking for the time and then it nearly always changes. What hope so older people have of ever knowing what time it’s on?

They have to prioritize their work presumably.
    What you could do is Google the results every night at 9pm and probably get it consistent that way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Lusocu wrote: »
    I have a housemate who refuses to apply social distancing. She doesn't work. She spends every day out visiting her friends houses and going on trips to Wicklow from Dublin for walks. I explained everything to her and the consequences of her actions for the population. It's driving me nuts. I'm doing everything I can to minimize contact and am holed up in my room after work everyday and all weekend. May as well concede I'm going to get infected soon and be out of work for a few weeks at least.

Have you tried telling her if she doesn't she will be reported

• Advertisement

Ah sure you'll be right one day.

He makes these predictions but forgets to see the daily rise and how much it increases by day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Lusocu wrote: »

Are her friends not just as bad for letting her visit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Is there a DOH briefing this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

What's that got to do with this subject matter.

What!

5vgGAm4.png

They have to prioritize their work presumably.
    What you could do is Google the results every night at 9pm and probably get it consistent that way?

Or they could just hold the briefing late enough every evening to ensure they have all they need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

There has been a suspected case of Coronavirus located in Blackrock, Co.Dublin. Emergency services had attended a location outside a house along the Blackrock by-pass in Temple Road just after 4pm this afternoon. When I was walking back from Blackrock today; I had seen one ambulance & one other car linked with the emergency services stop outside the house. When I was standing near the local Catholic Church (St John the Baptist); I saw the ambulance travel along the by-pass from Stradbrook Road & then doing a U-turn at the traffic lights near Frank Keane Motors. They both stopped outside a house located near the traffic lights around the corner of Newtown Avenue.

Thanks.

Are you sure your rubber necking from outside the church was at a safe distance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

spookwoman wrote: »
    Have you tried telling her if she doesn't she will be reported

Presuming she is driving, give the guards her reg and tell them she is flouting the social distancing restrictions constantly.

I see nothing changes at the FAI. Bailed out with 20 million but the big wigs are generously taking a 50% pay cut.

Ye're broke ye cnuts, go on the Covid payment like the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

'Person who left house, who then proceeds to complain about other people who have left house' - post no. 473.

Said person left house following correct guidelines, to get essentials.

Numerous others were walking in groups with dogs, group of 3 in lycra jogging, couple of aul fellas just chatting zero social distancing. All appeared to be going against what we've been asked to do.

Im pointing out an observation of the restrictions not being heeded by some

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement