Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XII - 4,604 in ROI (137 deaths) 998 in NI (56 deaths)(04/04) **Read OP**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Apparently, from midnight tonight they are going to be releasing daily figures for asymptomatic cases (following growing anger from abroad).

This should be be very telling...
    Give up on your China thing. No one else is reporting on asymptomatic cases, because no one else is testing for them.

The only way of establishing asymptomatics infection is by blood testing. The reason the Chinese have statistics is because they did retrospective testing, AKAIK sparked by some non-Positive tests arising in close contact clusters.

Chinese reported reported existence of asymptomatic transmission early on in Jan.

The pressure you refer to is part of US media spin effort of a Chinese National Health Commission decision sparked by Chinese people's concerns of infection, and by possible reinfections in Wuhan.

China's previously published figures of asymptomatics add ~1.5k to existing figure of 83k, under 2%.

If you don't trust anything coming out of China presume you'll be rejecting inoculation with any vaccine developed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Is there a DOH briefing this evening?
    See the sticky at the top of the forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Lusocu wrote: »
    I have a housemate who refuses to apply social distancing. She doesn't work. She spends every day out visiting her friends houses and going on trips to Wicklow from Dublin for walks. I explained everything to her and the consequences of her actions for the population. It's driving me nuts. I'm doing everything I can to minimize contact and am holed up in my room after work everyday and all weekend. May as well concede I'm going to get infected soon and be out of work for a few weeks at least.

Report her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Said person left house following correct guidelines, to get essentials.

Numerous others were walking in groups with dogs, group of 3 in lycra jogging, couple of aul fellas just chatting zero social distancing. All appeared to be going against what we've been asked to do.

Im pointing out an observation of the restrictions not being heeded by some
    Allegedly! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Almost all the people I seen out today not adhering to guidelines were older people.. all out for a walk together chatting outside the post office and supermarket in small groups. One very elderly lady I was speaking to ( at a distance) had popped out for a bar of chocolate and didn’t understand the need to stay in .. and told me she has lived long enough and waddled on laughing, no mention of the people she was putting at risk or the people that would have to care for her if she did catch it.. little or no cocooning down my way..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Downlinz

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1245046489149313024

Is there a reason why things have turned so dramatically in France, increased testing or an outbreak in a different region?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,113 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

is_that_so wrote: »
    Was that Dr Cummings?!

If that is the current euphemism for GCHQ, MI5, then quite possibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

spookwoman wrote: »
    Have you tried telling her if she doesn't she will be reported

Report her to whom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,245 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I have a housemate who refuses to apply social distancing. She doesn't work. She spends every day out visiting her friends houses and going on trips to Wicklow from Dublin for walks. I explained everything to her and the consequences of her actions for the population. It's driving me nuts. I'm doing everything I can to minimize contact and am holed up in my room after work everyday and all weekend. May as well concede I'm going to get infected soon and be out of work for a few weeks at least.

Even this is strictly forbidden under the lockdown ; you cannot enter the house of someone you are not living with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,202 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The amount of people suddenly obsessed with jogging is hilarious. You'd swear we were the slimmest, fittest, fastest nation in the world the way some suddenly are fixated on it. I wonder why we are generally the opposite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,245 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Report her to whom?

Gardai.....it's their job to enforce the restrictions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Messaging from U.K. news media is still confusing and muddled. ITV news just stated that 28 of the U.K. deaths “had no underlying conditions”

This doesn’t make any sense - how come some healthy people recover and others die?

Anyone got a more sensible explanation for this?

They could be elderly. Elderly and/or immunocompromised. Being elderly is kind of an underlying condition all of its own because the immune system declines with age. It was never said that only people with underlying conditions would succumb. Elderly people of all hues were always highlighted as at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Cody montana

pjohnson wrote: »
    The amount of people suddenly obsessed with jogging is hilarious. You'd swear we were the slimmest, fittest, fastest nation in the world the way some suddenly are fixated on it. I wonder why we are generally the opposite?

Well there’s no gyms and nothing else to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

As has been said before, gyms are closed so the people normally in there are out on the roads running now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

They could be elderly. Elderly and/or immunocompromised. Being elderly is kind of an underlying condition all of its own because the immune system declines with age.

Seems to be a random element to it too. We just don't know enough yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

I think it's to compensate for the usual walk to work, lunchtime walk, standing on public transport, walk to the shop. I myself never jogged before but I do everyday now to keep moving. I need it for my back especially. You just don't move as much as you would in a regular office day otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,202 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

As has been said before, gyms are closed so the people normally in there are out on the roads running now.
    Well there’s no gyms and nothing else to do.

Shame they dont seem to know WHY they are closed then if thats the excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

And to get away from their OH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Where's the breaking news?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Hopefully there will be fewer than 8 deaths today, at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,040 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Shame they dont seem to know WHY they are closed then if thats the excuse.

What is wrong with people staying healthy. It will boost the immune system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

As long as you have clusters in nursing homes you'll have deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Shelly66

Very selfish attitude, take it up with landlord? Have Landlords got a duty of care to tenants to ensure their tenants are obeying laws etc ? Ring tenancy board for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭iwillyeah1234

Quarantine lockdown - Amsterdam style.

https://youtu.be/8X0SOUhRanY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

No sports matches/training either. Of course more people will be out jogging and walking

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

Shelly66 wrote: »
    Very selfish attitude, take it up with landlord? Have Landlords got a duty of care to tenants to ensure their tenants are obeying laws etc ? Ring tenancy board for advice

What would their landlord have to do with it? They're not their mommies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

And to get away from their OH.

Never seen as many teens and early twenties walking dogs either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

The standard of jogging is very poor though. Saw some pedestrian jogging. It's not beautiful jogging.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Quarantine lockdown - Amsterdam style.

https://youtu.be/8X0SOUhRanY

They should all be ashamed of themselves playing that shiite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

I speculate without foundation there will be an increase just to be first.

Decrease. We ran out of tests ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Jucifer

irishlad. wrote: »
    Department briefing moved to 7.30

I repeat, 7.30!

Maybe a stupid question but where do people get the info on times. I come onto boards every day and search through the thread. Is there a twitter account or webpage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭boardise

This is a joke, right?!

I see no reason to think this might be a joke.
    Fixing on a set time would be a reasonable and achievable target.
    Can't figure why so many posters on here are like taut strings twanging with pent-up outrage.
    Perhaps they're psychologically fragile and consumed with virus-related angst. So maybe we can grant a free pass to these tortured souls

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Shelly66

Agree. Couldn’t walk on the large avenue near us Sunday the amount of ppl with kids jogging , Decided to walk dog back in around the houses . I swear you never see that normally

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lusocu

Shelly66 wrote: »

She owns the house. Reporting to the guards will have to do. On the other hand a large amount of single bedroom studios have become available since covid-19 kicked off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Naggdefy wrote: »
    The standard of jogging is very poor though. Saw some pedestrian jogging. It's not beautiful jogging.

You've gotta start somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Jucifer wrote: »
    Maybe a stupid question but where do people get the info on times. I come onto boards every day and search through the thread. Is there a twitter account or webpage?

Usually a journalist will tweet it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,113 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

BanditLuke wrote: »
    What's that got to do with this subject matter.

Perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Do they bring out the numbers tonight for the total amount of test completed so far? Should be interesting if they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Jucifer wrote: »
    Fergal Bowers on Twitter posts it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

She owns the house. Reporting to the guards will have to do. On the other hand a large amount of single bedroom studios have become available since covid-19 kicked off.

Before you report her, if you're living in an owner occupied property she can just boot you out without any notice. Keep that in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

No sign of the presser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Mike3549

To all people saying "I never saw so many people jogging/walking dogs before", is there a chance you didnt see them cos you were at work but not anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

You've gotta start somewhere.

Some are only damaging joints. Walk fast, lose excess weight and then jog.

That Operation Transformation gives a bad example with very heavy people told to jog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

boardise wrote: »
    I see no reason to think this might be a joke.
    Fixing on a set time would be a reasonable and achievable target.
    Can't figure why so many posters on here are like taut strings twanging with pent-up outrage.
    Perhaps they're psychologically fragile and consumed with virus-related angst. So maybe we can grant a free pass to these tortured souls

You obviously have no clue about what Tony Holahan and the others have on their plate if you are posting this rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

cnocbui wrote: »
    Perspective.

No it's not. That was a war with a visual enemy, this isnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

statesaver wrote: »
    They should all be ashamed of themselves playing that shiite.

Chosen for the lyrics I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

would it kill them to stick to some kind of schedule and start on time? i get their busy but this is the main source of information for people every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

CSSE09 wrote: »
    Fergal Bowers on Twitter posts it up

Dont know which is more ghoulish Bowers or Lee, I think Lee has it by a nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

https://youtu.be/KMOzoz_NAmk

They are getting younger

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement