Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XII - 4,604 in ROI (137 deaths) 998 in NI (56 deaths)(04/04) **Read OP**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

You've gotta start somewhere.

It's the covid to 5k challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

pjohnson wrote: »
    The amount of people suddenly obsessed with jogging is hilarious. You'd swear we were the slimmest, fittest, fastest nation in the world the way some suddenly are fixated on it. I wonder why we are generally the opposite?

People at home to twitch their curtains more often to seek annoyance only noticing it now is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

The amount of people suddenly obsessed with jogging is hilarious. You'd swear we were the slimmest, fittest, fastest nation in the world the way some suddenly are fixated on it. I wonder why we are generally the opposite?

Its the same with the stocking up on bread and milk during the Beast from the East, or toilet rolls a couple weeks ago, herd mentality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Before you report her, if you're living in an owner occupied property she can just boot you out without any notice. Keep that in mind.

Not anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,113 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Mr.S wrote: »
    Why didn't they do this from the start!? Lack of PPE?

Because the useless WHO told them it wasn't airborne when it was. Unfortunately 50 Italian doctors have died as a result of the woeful bad advice. I doubt they will be listening too intently to any future WHO pronouncements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Jucifer wrote: »
    Maybe a stupid question but where do people get the info on times. I come onto boards every day and search through the thread. Is there a twitter account or webpage?
    If you click on Coronavirus at the top of the page you will see a locked sticky or try Fergal Bowers on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Ellsbells1

I am not too convinced the construction industry have stopped working, a few around here who are not working on essential sites but still going to work.... and yet the children’s hospital site has been shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭blackcard

Jucifer wrote: »
    Maybe a stupid question but where do people get the info on times. I come onto boards every day and search through the thread. Is there a twitter account or webpage?

There is a sticky with that information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Dont know which is more ghoulish Bowers or Lee, I think Lee has it by a nose.

Lee without a doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 smallfryy

cnocbui wrote: »
    Because the useless WHO told them it wasn't airborne when it was.

Whaaaat?? I thought it isn't airborne but rather is transmitted through droplets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

smallfryy wrote: »
    Whaaaat?? I thought it isn't airborne but rather is transmitted through droplets?

Droplets can be airborne. Otherwise clouds wouldn't work .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

cloudatlas wrote: »
    As I suspected, they are just kids https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/abroad/irish-doctors-return-from-australia-you-don-t-run-away-from-things-like-this-1.4213048

'Speaking about working as a doctor during the coronavirus crisis she said there was some fear. However, “it’s drummed into you in medical school, you don’t run away from things like this,” she said.'

It's a wonder no irony is found in the statement above with reference to the Australian hospitals they've abandoned.

I know I'll get heat for this but I think what they've done is unethical and is based on a misplaced sense of nationalism which has caused them to abandon their colleagues in a crisis. I'm surprised that they weren't challenged by the journalist who interviewed them.

Doctor working in Perth wrote to the Irish times stating that 60% of the medical staff on shift were Irish, he said he thought their decision was not conscionable. https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/letters/coronavirus-a-worldwide-crisis-1.4208156)

They are choosing who to treat based on nationality.

I don't think the medical board in Australia should rehire people who abandon their post during a crisis.

Harsh but it Needs to be said ....I think these Doctors/Nurses will be in for a rude awakening when the crisis is over and HSE suddenly reverts to norm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

2k surely??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Clouds are steam that's why they burn you

There was a study which suggested it could remain airborne and possibly infect that way but the general scientific consensus is via droplets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

boardise wrote: »
    I see no reason to think this might be a joke.
    Fixing on a set time would be a reasonable and achievable target.
    Can't figure why so many posters on here are like taut strings twanging with pent-up outrage.
    Perhaps they're psychologically fragile and consumed with virus-related angst. So maybe we can grant a free pass to these tortured souls
    Yeah pretty much the exact opposite of this. It's the people who lack perspective and get irked over the time of the presser that seem to be overly fragile and bursting with pent-up outrage.

They have to gather information from a lot of different, often under immense pressure, sources and it needs to take as long as it takes. Those complaining about the timing would be the first to complain if the presser included incomplete and inaccurate information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Looking at the sporting montage.. Robbie Keane Ireland are the best fans in the World.

How do you decide this? Have they some table to calculate we're top of the 200 odd countries. That silly back slapping bull is annoying.

But isn't that caused from sneezing or coughing?
    Rather than droplets just spontaneously flying between people?

We are disgusting creatures ha!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,698 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

325 new cases
    17 deaths

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Snipp

It is droplet. Droplet particles can linger airborne depending on environmental factors, hence the confusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Hurrache wrote: »
    People at home to twitch their curtains more often to seek annoyance only noticing it now is all.

100% that

But also people just want out of their house on their own for some exercise...

It's so low risk as to be irrelevant.

Maybe those so bothered would be better served with a bit of exercise themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Looking at the sporting montage.. Robbie Keane Ireland are the best fans in the World.

How do you decide this? Have they some table to calculate we're top of the 200 odd countries. That silly back slapping bull is annoying.

Wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Shelly66

Lusocu wrote: »
    She owns the house. Reporting to the guards will have to do. On the other hand a large amount of single bedroom studios have become available since covid-19 kicked off.

Google duty of care landlords covid19, you will find an Irish law firm I took part of quote from ( not sure if I can name it)

Outside of the unprecedented COVID-19-specific measures and the health and safety legislation, as a matter of general law, each of us owes a duty to each other not to act (and not to fail to act) in a way that causes the other harm. The closer the relationship and more foreseeable the harm, the greater the duty. Aside from it being very much the socially responsible thing to do, it stands to reason that this legal duty of care may place a duty on owners and occupiers of buildings to prevent the harm associated with the spread of COVID-19.

fritzelly wrote: »
    325 new cases
    17 deaths

17 too many. RIP to the deceased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

325 new cases
    17 deaths

Damn, bit of a spike there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Off Topic sorry, but are there any Animal Welfare places that need fostering for a cat or preferably a small dog?
    Based in East Galway. PM if so, don’t want to derail thread, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Opperation Covid Nation*

*not a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Well to be fair, everyone is spending a lot of time at home now because most people either arent working or working from home. Theres also no shops or leisure facilties or gatherings allowed so the only excuse to be able to go outside for a few minutes is a jog or walk

• Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

325 cases and 17 deaths. RIP to them all and the families

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

17 deaths, 325 new cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

325 new cases
    17 deaths

Where's this information coming from? The briefing hasn't begun yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Naggdefy wrote: »

They were saying on the radio that head lice will become rarer due to the social distancing.

Is that why you are here to nitpick?

Snipp wrote: »
    It is droplet. Droplet particles can linger airborne depending on environmental factors, hence the confusion.

Yikes!! Thank you for explaining it!

New cases are still about 11%.

We're at the point now where ICU cases will recover or die - likely be the same every day from here on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

RIP to the 17 lost.
    Sadly there will be many more deaths with 22 nursing home clusters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

17 more deaths today. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Umm. Worrying rise

• Advertisement

Cillian is in the house! So expect testing questions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

RIP.

11% increase in cases.

On RTE News Now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

No it isn't, its about 10% again.

RIP to the deceased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,680 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

325 new cases and 17 new deaths. RIP to all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

RIP , hopefully we will see the crisis peak here within 2 weeks.

Median age of deaths 84. This must have gotten into a nursing home.

It seems like it’s some kind of morbid race to see who can be first to shout the bad news, instead of waiting for the press conference so that the rest of us can see numbers that we can trust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

It’s over. It started at 7.30

• Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

It's not really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Not a spike at all. That's 11.1% increase, down on yesterday's 11.3%.

RIP to the 17 souls lost.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement