Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XII - 4,604 in ROI (137 deaths) 998 in NI (56 deaths)(04/04) **Read OP**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

54 of the 70 Irish deaths had underlying conidtions.
    2/3 of the deaths were over 70

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭deaglan1

beolight wrote: »
    Harsh but it Needs to be said ....I think these Doctors/Nurses will be in for a rude awakening when the crisis is over and HSE suddenly reverts to norm
    Absolutely, if you are under contract, you are under contract. It is a dereliction of duties by these doctors when at their most needed time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,245 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

is_that_so wrote: »
    New cases are still about 11%.

It needs to come down......still too high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,416 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

RIP , hopefully we will see the crisis peak here within 2 weeks.

Median age of deaths 84. This must have gotten into a nursing home.

There are 23 Nursing Home clusters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

splinter65 wrote: »
    It’s over. It started at 7.30
    They were late and it's on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,113 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

pjohnson wrote: »
    The amount of people suddenly obsessed with jogging is hilarious. You'd swear we were the slimmest, fittest, fastest nation in the world the way some suddenly are fixated on it. I wonder why we are generally the opposite?

Perhaps a small minority of them realize that one of the few things you can do which will actually improve your immune system, is to improve your level of physical fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

It seems like it’s some kind of morbid race to see who can be first to shout the bad news, instead of waiting for the press conference so that the rest of us can see numbers that we can trust

RTÉ News Now alerts you my phone as soon as it’s over. It’s as trustworthy as you can get. Do you honestly think that 4 or 5 of us are pulling the same random numbers out of our hats every evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Deaths increased by 31%.

RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Strazdas wrote: »
    It needs to come down......still too high
    For sure, here's hoping the next 7-10 days go that way. But contacts now down at 3 per case.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

^^^ Found the above clip very effective on The Claire Byrne Show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,680 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Contact tracing now changed to further cover asymptomatic transmission. Number of contacts per case has reduced to 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Very sad for all those affected.

We are in the upswing part of the pandemic here and will be until around mid April and then it should start to taper off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

It’s over. It started at 7.30

You are asking to be reporting with these lies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,698 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Close contacts down to 3 - some good news at controlling it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Damn, bit of a spike there.

That's not a spike. New cases will continue to rise for a while yet, but the rate of growth is slightly slowed. Deaths, unfortunately will continue an Howard trend for quite a while after new cases diminish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Now at only 3 cases average per contact tracing. That’s great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Highest rise in cases so far in a day, its quiet level over the past few days but if they are only knocking out a certain number of tests per day with a consistent rate of positives, the number of cases per day is going to be in and around the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

RIP, the 17 people who died

Breaking: 30,213 tests have been carried out to date.

Over the past week, the positivity rate for tests carried out has increased from 6% to 15%.

(NPHET says that was what they were trying to achieve by changing test guidelines.)
    https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1245062115083329536?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

113 in ICU, 30,213 tests conducted to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭no.8

It seems like it’s some kind of morbid race to see who can be first to shout the bad news, instead of waiting for the press conference so that the rest of us can see numbers that we can trust

Best to switch off from this while you're about to watch (p.s. i sadly agree)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

113 of whom are in intensive care. Not a cumulative figure and stated clearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭screamer

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Umm. Worrying rise

We may get used to it sadly. There are people who have contracted it in nursing homes and are being given palliative care such is their age and underlying conditions. So very sad, and we’ve miles to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

The media age of those who died was 84.
    yesterday's median was 86.

I hope I am not understood wrongly but these were old sick people, I do feel sad for their families but think that overall Ireland is doing very well as a country.

You are asking to be reporting with these lies.

What lies? 17 more people have died. Are you saying that I’m making that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

fritzelly wrote: »
    Close contacts down to 3 - some good news at controlling it.

Its great news. measures are working

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    113 of whom arein intensive care. Not a cumulative figure and stated clearly.

They'll be stating some ambiguity in the language used

turnaround 7-10 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Can everyone please stop posting about that person Paddy please! It's really taking up an inordinate amount of this thread, ignore the dumb fyck.

If I had a euro for the number of posters who said we should ignore him.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Shelly66

Shelly66 wrote: »
    Google duty of care landlords covid19, you will find an Irish law firm I took part of quote from ( not sure if I can name it)

Outside of the unprecedented COVID-19-specific measures and the health and safety legislation, as a matter of general law, each of us owes a duty to each other not to act (and not to fail to act) in a way that causes the other harm. The closer the relationship and more foreseeable the harm, the greater the duty. Aside from it being very much the socially responsible thing to do, it stands to reason that this legal duty of care may place a duty on owners and occupiers of buildings to prevent the harm associated with the spread of COVID-19.

Please get yourself legal advice

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

wakka12 wrote: »
    54 of the 70 Irish deaths had underlying conidtions.
    2/3 of the deaths were over 70

Important correction. 83% of these deaths were over 70, 2/3 were in the east of the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

So we have 26 people currently in ICU. Not the 86 which was total to pass through ICU from day 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

How many total test have been carried out? Did they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    113 of whom arein intensive care. Not a cumulative figure and stated clearly.

He actually said “113 of which had been admitted to intensive care”. Watch it back and tell be different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

Number updated to match today's report

I have added a Recovered column, this number is 80% of the infected 14+ days beforehand, this number does not included anyone needing hospital/ICU

No Change in number
    507755.PNG

Slow Change
    507756.PNG

Big Drop in numbers
    507757.PNG

again with all of this I'm just trying to show people the 14 day delay in an change in how we deal with this
    if you wait till we are overloaded it's too late
    everyone has to make up there own mind but at least look at the maths
    if anyone has questions or thinks it could be changed with better data let me know

interesting visualization of covid19
    http://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

you need to decide what you do today to affect 3 weeks from now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

What lies? 17 more people have died. Are you saying that I’m making that up?

That the press conference was over. It was just starting when you replied. Check your facts before posting.

Lavinia wrote: »
    yesterday's median was 86.

I hope I am not understood wrongly but these were old sick people, I do feel sad for their families but think that overall Ireland is doing very well as a country.

I’m absolutely understanding you. Many very elderly people who are in nursing homes in very poor health die from chest infections, especially if they are confined to bed and laying down. It’s mostly a release for them, poor souls.

smallfryy wrote: »
    Whaaaat?? I thought it isn't airborne but rather is transmitted through droplets?

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-03-29/coronavirus-choir-outbreak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Worldometer reporting 415 new cases for whatever reason. Sent in a report with the correct numbers.

So we have 26 people currently in ICU. Not the 86 which was total to pass through ICU from day 1

Nope, 26 are on ventilators, rest are in ICU beds

• Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

The close contact news is good, at the start it was 20 then 5 and now on average 3 which is really within households.

The next 2 weeks are crucial for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭screamer

Coyote wrote: »
    Number updated to match today's report

I have added a Recovered column, this number is 80% of the infected 14+ days beforehand, this number does not included anyone needing hospital/ICU

No Change in number
    507752.PNG

Slow Change
    507753.PNG

Big Drop in numbers
    507754.PNG

again with all of this I'm just trying to show people the 14 day delay in an change in how we deal with this
    if you wait till we are overloaded it's too late
    everyone has to make up there own mind but at least look at the maths
    if anyone has questions or thinks it could be changed with better data let me know

interesting visualization of covid19
    http://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

you need to decide what you do today to affect 3 weeks from now

Which chart shows how we’re actually doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

sorry uploaded the wrong day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

How many total test have been carried out? Did they say?

30000 +

RoryMac wrote: »
    2k surely??

Maybe in Australia, we are talking Irish roads here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

The questions are pretty dumb, journalist seems to be not too bright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

I wish some of these 'journalists' would educate themselves before attending the presser and wasting time with dim questions.

• Advertisement

about 1,500 tests done a day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement