Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part XII - 4,604 in ROI (137 deaths) 998 in NI (56 deaths)(04/04) **Read OP**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

An RTÉ presenter on 450k using twitter as a source?

Get off the seat Mirium, fraud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭Zardaz

RogerThis wrote: »
    They also got the calculation for Cavan wrong

Should be 0.9%

Carlow is actually 4 (as the only <=5 remainder from previous day's table) and Cavan should then be 24+7 = 31, that makes it sum correctly and Cavan = 1.16% rounded = 1.2%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

FLOOPER wrote: »
    It was certainly a theory batted around that Spanish flu invoked an aggressive response from the patient hence explaining why so many healthy young people died and why the very young and old weren’t as affected.

It’s one theory anyway from what I have read.

Covid-19 is doing the same to elderly/ill people now. Their immune system goes into overdrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,003 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

20,078 new cases in the US so far today and 578 new fatalities.

They are going to smash yesterday's figures.

What's Trump's next move?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

Talisman wrote: »
    Why is Cillian de Gascun facing questions about ICUs? He's the head of the NVRL.

Chairperson of Covid Expert Group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

So much fake news +BS on facebook. Every1 posting about donating baby moniters to hospitals so staff dont need to change scrubs +masks. Any truth to this? Sounds like a direlection of duty to me but kinda makes since in avoiding wasting PPE gear.
    Another post goin aroind is a line of coffins in a church but its actualy a pic from the earthquake they had afew yers ago, another tradegy bit not Covid related

I hope not, any of the ones we had were shîte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

The bizarre thing about this post (aside from it being a subjective opinion) is that on some threads you wear a hat such as this and on more you wear one supporting Trump. How do you think Leo compares to the D in terms of concerns about public image?

There's a very strong correlation between people on this thread ( and previous versions of it) who decry the Irish government, and defend Mr Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭JoChervil

What was in Spanish Flu?

Cytokine shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Blame Nancy pelosi or the governor of a state who Is a Democrat. Maybe even the Mexicans might get a mention

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

just broke 850,000 confirmed cases worldwide on www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Trump’s next move should be off the stage. He should feck off to one of his golf resorts and let someone who knows what they’re doing take over.
    He’s gone from being a semi-harmless buffoon to being a dangerous buffoon.
    The incredible thing is that his approval ratings have actually gone up since all this started.
    God bless America.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Covid-19 is doing the same to elderly/ill people now. Their immune system goes into overdrive.

From this article:
    "Baseline lymphocyte count was significantly higher in survivors than non-survivors; in survivors, lymphocyte count was lowest on day 7 after illness onset and improved during hospitalisation, whereas severe lymphopenia was observed until death in non-survivors."

Hardly strong response from non-surviors' immune systems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

The US is still following an (slightly flattening) exponential trend. I believe there is still 8 hours to go, so +20K right now is bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

Interesting prime time. They are saying that most healthcare workers to date have likely gotten the virus from their social circles and most have had no interaction with a corona virus patient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Are people on ventilators conscious?

JoChervil wrote: »
    Cytokine shock.

And in Covid-19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,338 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Trump’s next move should be off the stage. He should feck off to one of his golf resorts and let someone who knows what they’re doing take over.
    He’s gone from being a semi-harmless buffoon to being a dangerous buffoon.
    The incredible thing is that his approval ratings have actually gone up since all this started.
    God bless America.:eek:
    He is a buffoon.
    Last week tonight was good this week, shows how much disarray in US at the minute
    https://youtu.be/ElIf2DBrWzU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

no.8 wrote: »
    I'd recommend looking at last night's video to get up to speed on that. It was based on modeling where no mitigation took place

It’d be impossible to have even 15,000 a week if we are only testing 1500 samples a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Lusocu wrote: »
    I have a housemate who refuses to apply social distancing. She doesn't work. She spends every day out visiting her friends houses and going on trips to Wicklow from Dublin for walks. I explained everything to her and the consequences of her actions for the population. It's driving me nuts. I'm doing everything I can to minimize contact and am holed up in my room after work everyday and all weekend. May as well concede I'm going to get infected soon and be out of work for a few weeks at least.

Just put a pillow over her face.

• Advertisement

Witcher wrote: »
    Stop talking sense...it's Leo's fault don't ya know?

Perhaps you could explain the mathematical process in which we could have 15,000 positive tests a day, while processing 1500 samples a day??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭LRNM

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

And dispose of the pillow afterwards. Safely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

No. If they were they'd be trying to rip out the breathing tube

JoChervil wrote: »
    From this article:
    "Baseline lymphocyte count was significantly higher in survivors than non-survivors; in survivors, lymphocyte count was lowest on day 7 after illness onset and improved during hospitalisation, whereas severe lymphopenia was observed until death in non-survivors."

Hardly strong response from non-surviors' immune systems

So, from your quoted article, what are you suggesting is the primary cause of death in Covid-19?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,226 ✭✭✭pad199207

770 new fatalities?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Does anyone know why the cargo received from China was transported on Army trucks and Garda outriders with cameras rolling to capture the whole exercise?
    I've seen it replayed several times.
    To me it looked like a propaganda exercise.

Stheno wrote: »
    Said poster claims to work in the HSE and ignored many of the guidelines previously

I ignored absolutely none of the guidelines. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

They are deeply sedated so not conscious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭Talisman

Chairperson of Covid Expert Group
    He's a virologist and has nothing to do with the hospital situation. The role of the Expert Advisory Group is to provide advice on the Coronavirus to the HSE.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Probably brag about his ratings and attack reporters as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Sort of.

You can be on a ventilator early on to aid your breathing, but if you get intubated you have to be unconscious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Didn’t catch all of the HSE brief earlier, have been on the phone to mam for most of the evening.
    What’s this about Tony Holohan feeling unwell? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

More testing, over 100,000 tests per day in the US at the moment.

Ireland doing a good job keeping our numbers down by being unable to test.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

brwh11 wrote: »
    It actually means there were approximately 7,000 cases 10-14 days ago because that is the average time from contracting virus to becoming seriously ill and eventually dying.
    Or more like 3,000 assuming a mortality rate of less than 5%.
    Then you can extrapolate over say 10 days from 3,000 cases, at a growth rate of say 15% per day giving you an estimate of today's actual infected cases of 115,000.
    The figures can be played with any way you want, and the calculations are very sensitive to the inputs, but this is a logic I saw very well explained somewhere and it does make sense.
    Essentially what is happening today in terms of deaths and ICU cases is a true reflection of what was happening on the ground 10-14 days ago.

Joined boards jan2010,,,,first post today

I tip my hat to your restraint sir,mam,,,, top class lurking :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Does anyone know why the cargo received from China was transported on Army trucks and Garda outriders with cameras rolling to capture the whole exercise?

There was nothing in the trucks. Every single person in the video was a paid crisis actor. If you look at the helmets on the Gardai motorbike riders you can see Garda is.not written anywhere on them only very small writing which says you are a pillock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Drastic but effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,698 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

twirlagig wrote: »
    Didn’t catch all of the HSE brief earlier, have been on the phone to mam for most of the evening.
    What’s this about Tony Holohan feeling unwell? :(
    12 min mark - could be indigestion, don't read too much in to it

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1245061431143194624

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Police would investigate............... "A Pillow Case"

getmecoat.gif

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

fritzelly wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1245061431143194624

12 min mark - could be indigestion, don't read too much in to it

Didn't notice it initially. The stress these guys must be under. They're probably exhausted too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

RobertKK wrote:
    More testing, over 100,000 tests per day in the US at the moment.
    Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Juanito13

LRNM wrote: »
    The National Ambulance Service trained and intended to redeploy over 100 emergency medical technicians (intermediate care operatives) from patient transport work to instead crew up with paramedics on frontline vehicles to fill the gap in staff out isolating, and also to staff covi19 testing cars but Siptu and many of the paramedics taking issue with this.

Despite the fact NAS was built on EMT's and majority of paramedics today were trained to a lesser standard than modern EMT's and handed a paramedic license overnight when PHECC was established.
    The same PHECC who recommended this should happen.

Big divide in the service now. Most paramedics agree with whats happening but a sizeable loud minority despise the EMT's who have been part of NAS since 2012.

All boils down to overtime payments. Imagine that in the time of national crisis. Classic Siptu. "The best interest of all stakeholders." Who could that be now?
    I reckon they'll be told to go and shíte.
    Fkj8uIS.jpg

Pure greed is all it is.

Think you’ve answered your own question there, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Juanito13 wrote: »
    Pure greed is all it is.

Typical scummy carry on from a union

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Dr David Nabarro was on Primetime ten minutes ago, on the Tonight Show now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Didn't notice it initially. The stress these guys must be under. They're probably exhausted too.

I’d say they are absolutely bol!oxed, stress, very long days, knowing what’s coming. They must all be wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Think you’ve answered your own question there, to be honest.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were still painting camouflage on half a dozen ford transists yesterday at 6pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

How else will they get the footage for Reeling in the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Juanito13

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Typical scummy carry on from a union

Unbelievable carry on. EMT’s crew emergency ambulances all over the world, it’s a sensible use of resources. We’re going through a crisis and all siptu can do is whinge about Overtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Dr David Nabarro was on Primetime ten minutes ago, on the Tonight Show now.

For a second there I thought it was Dave Navarro

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement