Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Laptop Wi Fi Issue

Options
  • 29-03-2020 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,395 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, very basic problem.

New work laptop constantly connects and reconnects to the VM router.

My private laptop does not do this not any other WiFi usage piece of tech in the house.

Work IT were useless.

Any suggestions (particularly given I don't have Administrator privileges on the machine).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Any ethernet lead you could connect directly with. Might not be physically suitable of course

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

You could log into the VM router and disable the 5ghz frequency. Some older wifi cards only work well with 2.4ghz.

Very hard to do anything when you don't have Admin privileges. Did your work IT update the driver for the wifi card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

noodler wrote: »
    Hi all, very basic problem.

New work laptop constantly connects and reconnects to the VM router.

My private laptop does not do this not any other WiFi usage piece of tech in the house.

Work IT were useless.

Any suggestions (particularly given I don't have Administrator privileges on the machine).

Look to the power settings for the wifi/lan card in device manager, it could be that the laptop is in low power mode and the box to allow laptop to power off wifi card is ticked

Advertisement