Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown, making alcohol with what I have to hand?

Options
  • 29-03-2020 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm no stranger to brewing but this is a weird situation I really don't want to go out or spend extra money on brewing ingredients. I have the following:

Bread yeast
    Sugar
    Blueberries
    Eating apples
    Grapes
    Bananas
    Oats
    Chocolate

Limited quantities of all the above (approx 1kg each).

Any suggestions on what I can brew? Sugar wine is the obvious choice, but I'm open to suggestions. I've brewed with bread yeast before and it's been fine.

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I reckon you could manage about 4.5 litres of Apple and Blueberry wine?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Could you make hand sanitizer?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

viper123 wrote: »
    Could you make hand sanitizer?

Not without a licence in this country. People still believe the myths about it being dangerous, even if not drinking it, so we are probably stuck with these laws. I saw in other countries where its legal the sellers of equipment have guides on making the sanitizer. Shame we are not allowed here as its very easy and you could have a batch brewed & distilled in just a few days using fast acting turbo yeasts. With the prices some places are charging for sanitiser you could pay off all the equipment and ingredients in the first batch.

Advertisement