If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Sky

Options
  • 29-03-2020 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Process of Sky cancellation is in action. I want to get a new TV - a Smart TV, approx 40" with apps to support Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+, with maybe Sky Store, as I've a good bunch of purchased movies and boxsets - but this isn't a dealbreaker as I have access to this online, but I do want the other 3 apps plus Youtube and Spotify would be good.

A few HDMI connections would be good too

Also interested in some sort of box that can pause/rewind/fast forward with RTE, BBC, Channel 4 etc.

Any recommendations?

TIA.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi,

Process of Sky cancellation is in action. I want to get a new TV - a Smart TV, approx 40" with apps to support Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+, with maybe Sky Store, as I've a good bunch of purchased movies and boxsets - but this isn't a dealbreaker as I have access to this online, but I do want the other 3 apps plus Youtube and Spotify would be good.

A few HDMI connections would be good too

Also interested in some sort of box that can pause/rewind/fast forward with RTE, BBC, Channel 4 etc.

Any recommendations?

TIA.
    Hi TIA.

Thanks for the post.

At the moment as Disney + is pretty new and  has not been rolled out on all TV brands.
    The manufacturer needs to decide this as there are licencing fees etc they would need to pay to add this to there smart hub.

You can get the Sky Go App which I use at home via my playstation to watch Sky sports. This also allows you to watch anything that you have within your Sky Package.
    However at the moment you can't get the Sky Go app on a TV either. Only one consoles, phones, tablets etc....
    If you cancel your Sky contract you can not use this App as it requires a valid Sky subscription.
    The Sky Store has been added to LG but again I think you need a Sky contract to get it to work as you have to sign it with your Sky details.

There are also very few 40" televisions on the market.
    One of the only ones would be the Panasonic 40GX800 priced at £566
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204029-panasonic-tx40gx800b-40-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

If you could go up to a 43" there is a much greater selection.
    LG 43UM7500 priced at £399
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204065-lg-43um7500pla-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Sony have their 43XG7003 priced at £419
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204108-sony-bravia-kd43xg7003bu-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-freeview-hd.aspx

For the box you are interest it to pause and record live TV.
    This could be done via a Freeview/Saorview box but if you are in the south of Ireland you will not get any of the UK stations BBC, Channel 4 etc.....
    You could use a Freesat box (Connects to your satellite dish using you Sky cable) but at the moment these are totally sold out and we are waiting on Humax to release their new box.

Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.