Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Refund

Options
  • 30-03-2020 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

An event I was due to attend was cancelled due to Covid-19. A refund was issued by the organisers on Friday, March 13ty however I still have not received.

Contacted the organisers and they have issued proof of refund and said if refund is not showing my end by now to contact my bank.

Can I get someone to look into this please?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Morby, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Generally, if the initial payment was made with a Visa Debit Card a refund would take up to 5 working days to return to your account. If the company has provided proof of this payment, It would be necessary for them to investigate this further for you and recall the funds if necessary. Please be assured, as soon as we receive the funds they will be applied to your account.

Thanks, Aisling.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

Hi Aisling,

The proof they provided showed that the refund was issued on March 13th, it still has not come back to my account and is definitely past the 5 working days.

So do I need to get the merchant to chase it, and not yourselves to look into it from your end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Yes, as it would be an incoming payment to your BOI account, it would be necessary for the merchant to follow up on this on their side. 

Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement