Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wuhan patient zero identified

• 30-03-2020 10:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Just as they are opening the markets again...
    A Wuhan shrimp seller identified as coronavirus 'patient zero'
    Identified as Wei Guixian, she was selling shrimps at the Huanan Seafood Market when she developed a cold.

A 57-year-old female shrimp seller in China's Wuhan city, the originating point of the coronavirus pandemic, has been identified as one of the first victims of coronavirus, which has claimed nearly 28,000 lives around the world so far, according to media reports. The coronavirus 'patient zero', who made a full recovery in January after month-long treatment, believes the Chinese government could have checked the spread of the disease had it acted sooner.
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/wuhan-shrimp-seller-identified-as-coronavirus-patient-zero/articleshow/74870327.cms

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

How can they confirm her as patient zero and then in the first line say shes "one of the first" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Akabusi

I always thought patient zero was the first person to get the virus. The article just says she was one of the first, it's not really news, we already know it originated in the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

How can they confirm her as patient zero and then in the first line say shes "one of the first" :confused:

Just what i was thinking.

I'd imagine they will never know who exactly was the first as symptoms don't show in people for a few weeks.

Advertisement