Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unregistered ground for BPS

Options
  • 30-03-2020 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Their,
    Their is 15 acres of bog beside me that is unregistered and i want to use for basic farm payments. I spoke to the department of Agriculture the other day they said i need a lease or a letter of consent and it needs to match folio. But this is not possible anyone got suggestions thoughts or ideas. thank you all in advance. Young farmer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,544 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

roger247 wrote: »
    Hi Their,
    Their is 15 acres of bog beside me that is unregistered and i want to use for basic farm payments. I spoke to the department of Agriculture the other day they said i need a lease or a letter of consent and it needs to match folio. But this is not possible anyone got suggestions thoughts or ideas. thank you all in advance. Young farmer

Am I wrong
    Is it not paid on grass areas only, or is that ANC ??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

_Brian wrote: »
    Am I wrong
    Is it not paid on grass areas only, or is that ANC ??

Big could still be grass area as long as it is not overgrown with reed it heather

Slava Ukrainii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

roger247 wrote: »
    Hi Their,

You would need to be using it to be able to claim for it. If you own it, it will show up on your folio, if not then you will need a lease from the owner, matched to their folio.

And you will need to be using it, either for silage, grazing or it being cut once a year to keep ground in Good Agricultural and Environmental Condition.

I'd say you would be guaranteed an inspection at some point during the year if you're claiming on ground that hasn't been claimed on before. The first question the Dept will be asking is why this ground has all of a sudden started being used for farming when it hasn't been for the last 20 years?

Advertisement