Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local business doing deliveries

• 30-03-2020 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Are there any business in Limerick/mid west still doing deliveries that are worth supporting?

I know I can get pretty much anything I want from Amazon, but would prefer to keep money in the local economy if possible. If you know of anyone else still trading, please list them.

seeing as I'm at home 24/7 my needs have changed a good deal. I now need the following (not interested in 2nd hand):
      Espresso machine (not pods), coffee beans and grinder
    • TV (haven't had one in 10 years)
    • garden supplies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

mdmix wrote: »
    Are there any business in Limerick/mid west still doing deliveries that are worth supporting?

I know I can get pretty much anything I want from Amazon, but would prefer to keep money in the local economy if possible. If you know of anyone else still trading, please list them.

seeing as I'm at home 24/7 my needs have changed a good deal. I now need the following (not interested in 2nd hand):
    • Espresso machine (not pods), coffee beans and grinder
    • TV (haven't had one in 10 years)
    • garden supplies.
    Great idea. I'm not a fan of online shopping (Amazon in particular) but, given the current climate, it's probably the best course of action.

I haven't actually ordered much online as of yet, but I did order coffee from Anam Coffee (in Co. Clare, so local enough) and they are donating all their profits from online orders to local cafes - a good initiative. Link: https://www.anamcoffee.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

With respect to the TV - I know Finucanes are still "open" with the following procedure... you ring up and buy over the phone with your card. You can pull up outside, pop the boot and they will put in what ever you have bought and off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Are anybody delivering paint? Few bits o could square off while I'm locked up

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

thanks, I hadn't though of either of those recommended. Might not need amazon at all now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

I'm lookin to buy an electric burr coffee grinder to replace my current one. Something small but good.
    Any suggestion of a place that'll deliver to Dublin.

Failing that, any recommendations in general. Budget is ~120€
    I should say that it's for a espresso machine, so needs to have a holder for the portafilter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Maybe you shoud try posting in the Dublin thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Sorry, didnt see that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

I haven't actually ordered much online as of yet, but I did order coffee from Anam Coffee (in Co. Clare, so local enough) and they are donating all their profits from online orders to local cafes - a good initiative. Link: https://www.anamcoffee.ie/

Thanks for this suggestion. I was desperately trying to find the husband something different for his birthday on Thursday and their coffee subscription is perfect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Are anybody delivering paint? Few bits o could square off while I'm locked up

Think the co-op are doing phone and collect for farm and feed stuff. Don’t know if stretches as far as paint. Give them a buzz and ask.

Advertisement