Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best window 10

Options
  • 30-03-2020 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

What would be the best window 10 version for someone who wants to buy a computer without software and install only what they want. It will be used to edit video and photos. Vegas and Photoshop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I will go on a limb and say the best Windows 10 is the one you can use for free.
    Download it from Microsoft website, and ignore the "Activation" watermark.

This is a good video if you have 5 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

JoyPad wrote: »
    I will go on a limb and say the best Windows 10 is the one you can use for free.
    Download it from Microsoft website, and ignore the "Activation" watermark.

This is a good video if you have 5 minutes.
    Can you stop the ads from showing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Windows Home. Windows Pro doesn't provide any benefit for the use-cases you supplied, and Windows S doesn't allow software that's not in the Microsoft Store
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows/compare-windows-10-home-vs-pro

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

What would be the best window 10 version for someone who wants to buy a computer without software and install only what they want. It will be used to edit video and photos. Vegas and Photoshop
    You probably talking about edition, not version.
    It would depend what you actually need: bitlocker, remote desktop, etc.
    Some editions (enterprise, ltsb) might not be available to you unless you in "the field"
    Another thing is bloatware that comes along with Win10.. , but most of it can be removed/added by powershell commands or manually. Some build-in apps cannot be removed without jeopardizing Win10 itself

Its better to have features available, turned off if not using, than need it but unavailable, however, i am in the different boat than you might be ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

I'd be more worried about the PC your buying. Post up the specs.

• Advertisement

I'd be more worried about the PC your buying.
    why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

why

In case your buying an overpriced piece of crap.

In case your buying an overpriced piece of crap.

i dont have any specs yet.I only wanted windows and any other software i would need. I would rather that than get a PC with a preinstalled windows and loads of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

Microsoft is ending me e-mails a few times per hour saying there is unusual sign on activity and i now have to sign a services agreement. After my last call to their help desk, I haven't had to sign in for months - I just get notifications that a new e-mail has arrived

Sender's address looks genuine - is this a sophisticated scam?

Anyone else getting this type of e-mail?

Thanks.

Advertisement