Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mullaghanish transmitter

• 30-03-2020 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if the Mullaghanish transmitter is working for Saorview? I aimed my aerial in the general direction from Killarney and got good reception till last week and now it’s terrible.

Saorview are telling me to aim my aerial to 300 degrees North West but I’m getting nothing.

Any help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

What kind of aerial?

Anyhow, don't seem to be any scheduled outages for Mullaghanish.

300 deg. NW would be Knockmoyle, & I assume you retuned your receiver. Is also a vertically polarised signal, as opposed to horizontal for Mulla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Casati

What kind of aerial?

Anyhow, don't seem to be any scheduled outages for Mullaghanish.

300 deg. NW would be Knockmoyle, & I assume you retuned your receiver. Is also a vertically polarised signal, as opposed to horizontal for Mulla.

Thanks for that - the aerial is a One for all SV9354. and is similar to link below

https://www.expert.ie/products/tv-dvd/televisions/accessories/oneforall-amplified-outdoor-yagi-antenna

Knockmoyle is outside Tralee so that would be a fair bit further than Mullaghanish, wonder why Saorview are telling me to use that one?

You can look at their coverage checker here. Knockmoyle is about the same distance as Mulla., but far less powerful, & would be recommended due to terrain interfering with the signal from Mulla.

Is the aerial installed outdoors & at what height? Or in the attic? Also if it's amplified like in the link, it will need a power supply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Casati

Casati wrote: »
    Thanks for that - the aerial is a One for all SV9354. and is similar to link below

https://www.expert.ie/products/tv-dvd/televisions/accessories/oneforall-amplified-outdoor-yagi-antenna

Knockmoyle is outside Tralee so that would be a fair bit further than Mullaghanish, wonder why Saorview are telling me to use that one?

I’ve set it up to East 106 and seems to be working perfect now - many thanks. I’d say I had it aimed at 140 SE previously.

It says amplified but nowhere for a power source but have the aerial going into a PROception amplified splitter that is plugged in. It’s all in the attic.

Appreciate your help!

Casati wrote: »
    ... It says amplified but nowhere for a power source but have the aerial going into a PROception amplified splitter that is plugged in.

Yes, it doesn't actually seem to be amplified. If it was, the power would go via the coaxial cable itself, from a suitable PSU. (Some distribution amps. have this built in.)

Good that you're up & running again anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement