Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deliveries

• 30-03-2020 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

Hi all
    I know it is not an essential item but my Iphone has chosen wonderful timing to stop working. It's a battery issue I reckon, been an ongoing issue. As all phone stores are closed I was thinking of buying a new one online but just wondering will they be able to deliver it? Are delivery drivers/couriers still working?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Sono Topolino

Couriers are needed to deliver essential supplies. Please do not waste a scarce resource by buying something unnecessary like a high end smartphone. Borrow one of your mates old ones or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

Couriers are needed to deliver essential supplies. Please do not waste a scarce resource by buying something unnecessary like a high end smartphone. Borrow one of your mates old ones or something.

I think that’s just a step too far on the virtue signalling. If anything is essential it can be given priority. An Post are sending us millions of post cards that we can send for free.

Order the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I ordered a new SIM last week and there's no sign of it (and it's not showing up on the tracking website).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,619 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Couriers are still operating. I haven't heard anything about them being ordered to focus on specific items.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,569 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

hurikane wrote: »
    An Post are sending us millions of post cards that we can send for free.

Perfect for use in emergencies when your phone gives up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

Perfect for use in emergencies when your phone gives up.

I don’t think that’d be a great idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

An Post sell phones as do Tesco, both of which are still open. Maybe you could pick up one of them to tide you over until you can get yours repaired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

yep sim, 4g router (hopefully to make my working form home more productive due to crap broadband) some amazon bits arrived today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

We got a delivery today and another one expected tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

From Gov.ie
    "Businesses that can only offer emergency call-out or delivery services
    It is recognised that there may be emergency needs arising in a number of areas, the following retailers who can offer an emergency call-out or delivery service can continue to operate on that basis ONLY:

opticians/optometrists
    retailers involved in the repair of motor vehicles, motorcycles and bicycle repair and related facilities (tyre sales and repairs for example)
    hardware stores, builder’s merchants and stores that provide hardware products necessary for home and business maintenance, sanitation and farm equipment, supplies and tools essential for gardening/farming/agriculture
    retail sale of office products and services for individuals working from home and for businesses
    retailers providing electrical, IT and phone sales, repair and maintenance services for home"

If they are allowing phone sales I presume deliveries are ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,393 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yep still delivering. I ordered some stuff last week before the lockdown and got it this morning and have ordered some food online that I can't get in any local shops. I don't mind if it takes a little longer to come there is no panic but its nice to have something to look forward to.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement