Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sent SEPA Transfer to dormant account

Options
  • 30-03-2020 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Dear BOI

Today I transferred money to the wrong payee, it was an old Ulsterbank account that I am sure has been closed.

Will the transfer bounce and be returned to my account? how long would it take?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hello There, 

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

If the funds were transferred to a closed account, generally the transfer will be rejected and the funds should return to your account within 3-5 working days. 

If this does not happen during this timeframe, the account may still be open and the funds received. In this case, it would be best to contact the person who owns the account for the funds to be returned. Alternatively, you can certainly get in contact with our Customer Service Team and they will do their best to recall the amount. Customer Service can be contacted either by phone on 0818 365 365 (available Monday to Friday 9 am -5 pm), or by Secure Message on your 365 online account (on laptop/computer) by following 'Service Desk' > 'Ask a Question'. 

Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement