Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to do a chargeback against Airline

Options
  • 30-03-2020 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

TAP Air Portugal cancelled my flights and are now refusing to refund me and are instead offering a free rescheduling or that I can get a refund in the form of a 1 year voucher. I most likely will never use this airline voucher as it was an emergency flight I had booked home fearing my own airline (Delta) would fail to get me home, as it turned out Delta got me home at no extra cost and the TAP flight I had as a backup plan B was subsequently cancelled.

They failed to honour my booking so I am entitled to my money back. I wish to do a chargeback against the airline rather than try waste anymore time dealing with them.

I spent a very long time on the phone to Bank of Ireland but didn't get an answer as the call centres seem to be on minimal staff.

Please advise of the procedure to initiate the chargeback and if I can file it online or by post etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

Good luck with that. You have absolutely no chance of a charge back let alone a refund. You were offered a suitable alternative. End of case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Print, complete and send them the chargeback request form on their website along with any supporting documents.

Simple as that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Good luck with that. You have absolutely no chance of a charge back let alone a refund. You were offered a suitable alternative. End of case.
    You seem to have misunderstood me. I flew with Delta to South America via the USA, theJournal.ie in its fakenews reporting and rabid hatred of Trump falsely reported that Irish Citizens were banned out of the USA for 30 days which was plain lies. Irish Citizens entering the USA from other countries (after 14 days outside EU) were unaffected and thus allowed to enter. Having read the news I booked an alternative flight home to Ireland with TAP Air Portugal before the price gouging would start.

As the situation in Ireland worsened and flights started getting cancelled I was 14 days outside of the EU and was thus eligible to enter the USA again, Delta changed my flight for free and I got home safely. The backup flight I had booked with TAP Air Portugal got cancelled in the meantime meaning I should be entitled to a refund. Prior the cancellation of that flight I would have been a no-show entitled to nothing but I didn't care as I got home. I am actually entitled to EUR600 compensation as per EU regulation 261/2004 since I was not notified of the cancellation and only discovered when I went to cancel so at least someone else might use the seat thinking the flight was still running. I'm not bothered about the compensation now since Airlines everywhere are effectively bankrupt and it might take months to process and would like to just get a refund since they didn't operate the flight. A free-reschedule or voucher isn't going to be much good if the airline goes bankrupt and into liquidation in the meanwhile; plus after this drama and personal hit to my own finances I don't envisage any travel within the next 12 months for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Print, complete and send them the chargeback request form on their website along with any supporting documents.

Simple as that
    Thanks for this, I'm on it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi theguzman, 

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

The info above about our Chargebacks process would be correct. I have attached a link here to more information on our refund/chargeback process. Once the letter has been received and processed by our Chargebacks Department you should receive a notification via SMS. 

They will then be in touch by letter with an update on your Chargeback claim. Just to mention, due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, we have received a high volume of requests. Please be assured you will receive an update on this chargeback as soon as possible. 

Thanks, Aisling

• Advertisement
Advertisement