Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optical 7.1 headset to hdmi xbox

• 30-03-2020 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi on the new xbox series coming out there is no ootical port. Only hdmi.im using a 7.1 ss headset that is optical. I know there is converters/splitter out there but is there any that do 7.1 surround sound optical to hdmi ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

dmessiah wrote: »
    Hi on the new xbox series coming out there is no ootical port. Only hdmi.im using a 7.1 ss headset that is optical. I know there is converters/splitter out there but is there any that do 7.1 surround sound optical to hdmi ?

It's not a matter of converting - optical can only process 7.1 via PCM audio.
    It's been a while since using optical from my Xbox-One I don't recall it having a PCM mode in optical just HDMI.

What's the easyisr thing to look for would be a HDMI to PCM optical adaptor and use the HDMI Arc on the television to output the sound - providing the TV supports 7.1 return...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dmessiah

akaSol wrote: »
    It's not a matter of converting - optical can only process 7.1 via PCM audio.
    It's been a while since using optical from my Xbox-One I don't recall it having a PCM mode in optical just HDMI.

What's the easyisr thing to look for would be a HDMI to PCM optical adaptor and use the HDMI Arc on the television to output the sound - providing the TV supports 7.1 return...

I think it will have to plug into the xbox.

Advertisement