Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Failed transactions on Account

Options
  • 30-03-2020 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi,

I was doing an online order yesterday evening - when I was confirming the order it failed as it said an item was out of stock so I tried again. Again same issue - so deleted the item from my basket; again same issue so I tried again and it went through and I got my email confirmation. However when I checked my account this morning four transactions are showing from this company... 

I have emailed three times and no response and I have tried ringing them and it keeps ringing out. Can someone please help me out. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Hi,

I was doing an online order yesterday evening - when I was confirming the order it failed as it said an item was out of stock so I tried again. Again same issue - so deleted the item from my basket; again same issue so I tried again and it went through and I got my email confirmation. However when I checked my account this morning four transactions are showing from this company... 

I have emailed three times and no response and I have tried ringing them and it keeps ringing out. Can someone please help me out. Thanks
    Shadow transactions will drop off by Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Starkystark, 

Thanks for checking in with us here on Boards. 

Generally, if payments such as these that have been rejected/cancelled by the merchant, the funds will automatically revert back into your account. This should take 3-5 working days to complete. If the transactions are currently 'pending' on your account, you may not necessarily see a 'Credit' back into your account, but the 3 incorrect charges will simply disappear from the account and your balance will increase. 

If these transactions do not disappear or re-credit your account, it would be necessary to get in touch with the merchant directly as they will need to issue you with a refund. 

In the unlikely event the funds do not return, and you are unable to get in touch with the retailer. You can certainly dispute these transactions with us. I have attached a link here with more information on this. 

I hope this information helps. 

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

Ok, I will keep an eye on me account over the next few days. Currently the transaction I got the email confirmation has been processed and the other three are still processing; so hopefully they will clear. 

Thank you.

You're very welcome!!

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us here again if there is anything we can help with. 

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

HI Aisling, 

Those transactions processed on my account. I tried ringing the company and again it is ringing out. I have not got an email back either. What's the next step.

Thank you

• Advertisement

Hi There, 

Thanks for getting back to us here. 

I'm sorry to hear this. In this instance, you can certainly dispute this transaction with us. I have attached a link here for more information on how you can do this. 

Thanks Aisling. 

Advertisement