Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Healthcare bosses during the crisis?

• 30-03-2020 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Just saw the existing thread :eek: so changed the title to separate the HSE and private helathcare companies from the rest of the sectors. Obviously these jobs carry a much higher risk.

I'm hearing stories of people generally being treated unsympathetically.

A friend of mine is annoyed because she has asthma and being basically forced to go and do call centre work for the HSE, she said they've been pretty much insensitive to everyone. She says she had to say it again in a second meeting and tried asserting herself and was treated like a nuisance.

Someone else working in a long-term illness care home was afraid they would bring it home to their elderly mother they live with and were told to keep working.

The general consensus seems to be if you are feeling unwell stay at home, but of course at that stage you've passed it on probably.

If I was to say to my own boss I've a sore throat they'd probably say well you need a fever and a cough as well so stay in work.

I get the distinct feeling people have become more ruthless during this, surviving through a 'get on with it' attitude. Anyone have better stories?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

My manager couldn't have been better. If I need days or time off then I can take it, with no affect on my annual leave. When this eventually subsides, I can return to the office whenever I feel conformable to do so. Also there will be an obvious drop in productivity with everyone working at home, which we were told not to worry about.

I realise how lucky I am. I do feel sorry for people who are still expected to work through the worst of this.

Advertisement