Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothing 101- recommendations

Options

Comments

Would you believe I only received a message last night saying it was with an Post, hopefully I'll have it for this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

Has anyone ordered clothing from Neo Pro cycling based in the US? Had an ad pop up on my ipad this morning (big brother is tracking my viewing of all things cycling related I suppose!) and I just had to take a look. While their gear looks nice, I was badly stung buying clothing when I first started cycling 8 years ago as it was usually cheap Chinese knock offs of well known brands that were either 4 sizes too small or had seams that cut into me. As I've never hard of Neo Pro before, I'd like to hear if anyone has actually bought their gear. Ships from Utah in the US and so taxes and charges might/would be an issue

I'll give them a miss so. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Anyone bought anything online from decathlon? Ordered on the 24th and it still hasn't arrived or gotten a tracking number. Annoying

Yeah, their deliveries come from France, as opposed to Ballymun. I reckon it took about 3-4 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭JMcL

Would you believe I only received a message last night saying it was with an Post, hopefully I'll have it for this weekend.

I haven't ordered for a few months now, but orders did turn up fairly promptly.
    Speculating on the current BoJo the Clown created fiasco, I imagine that current orders are being fulfilled from France and not the UK (there's a huge distribution depot at Caen - about an hour from Cherbourg), so they probably wait til either a) they have enough orders to make up a pallet or similar unit, or b) put it in a container with stock that's going to Dublin, the frequency of which I'd guess is down anyway since nobody can go to the
    store (in which case a and b are probably the same anyway)

I got the order there anyway, small package but everything came. The fits great, nice and comfy. Being a taller guy as well as being on the larger side it can sometimes be a bit trickier size wise but it all fits great and everything. Need to get it used over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭LikeTheseOdds

Looking at getting some bibs from galiber.

I havnt bought bib shorts before, what are the ones from galiber like? Hoping they'll help with the cold and comfort out on longer cycles!

I'm looking at the mistral ones or the thermal ones for cycling at the moment! Do they come recommended anyone have any experiences? Or any other recommendations.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I've the regular bib shorts and the thermal bib tights.
    Both are great and are my go-to kit although I've only managed to get out in the thermals twice as I pulled my Achilles tendon a week ago. I'll be out of action for another while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

I've the regular bib shorts - Regale I think

My favorite bibs. I'd be XL in normal clothes. XXL fits very well with these

If buying from Galibier they usually give sizing guidance on the page, listen to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

The Mistral tights I got about 4 years ago are certainly a fair bit warmer than my regular ones and are getting plenty of use again this Winter. They are the only piece of Galibier kit where the size was a bit on the tight size but they may have sorted this by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The Mistral tights I got about 4 years ago are certainly a fair bit warmer than my regular ones and are getting plenty of use again this Winter. They are the only piece of Galibier kit where the size was a bit on the tight size but they may have sorted this by now.
    No they are still a tight fit although the size guide is fairly accurate

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i ordered a mistral jacket earlier. measured myself, and found that what *thought* my waist is and what my waist *actually* is are two different things. not that that came as a surprise.
    anyway, i ordered based on the size i want to be, not the size i am. i've done way less on the bike over the last few months than i'd usually do, which is a large part of why my waist is how it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

I keep getting drawn to the Galibier bib tights, but resent the price point.
    Question is - is €80 ish what I should be spending?, I'm looking at buying three pairs, so it is a lot of money.
    I'm glad to see seth brundles review of them, but is there better at that price point, or am I thinking too much about it all?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'd have thought that's a very middle of the road, even low, price for decent thermal bib leggings?
    you wouldn't want to spend much less than that.

the bib leggings i have i bought in my LBS, i think €75 for standard and €10 more for windproof. made by an italian crowd called gist.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

wheelo01 wrote: »
    Question is - is €80 ish what I should be spending?, I'm looking at buying three pairs, so it is a lot of money.
    I'm glad to see seth brundles review of them, but is there better at that price point, or am I thinking too much about it all?

The DHB stuff from wiggle can be got for about €50-70 and is very decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Bluejohn1

wheelo01 wrote: »

On amazon a brand called my kilometre is 10% off at the moment. Picked them up for about 44 or so pound, done a 40km ride in them and they feel great. I've only ever bought the souke brand stuff on amazon and the quality is much better than them. Also helps that doesn't feel like a massive nappy on my arse anymore.

Most of my gear is Galibier and has stood the test of time. I cycle 5-6 times a week and while some of my bib shorts/tights are approaching 6 years old now, they're all in good shape, no rips, tears or flattened chamois. Price is quite reasonable compared to "named" brands like Castelli, Assos etc. I have one pair of DHB and while they're "ok", the Galibier gear is better quality and true to size.

If you're unsure, buy one of each, ie Galibier and DHB and compare them yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭patrickc

My birthdays not far off and my wife s going to get me cycling sunglasses.

I've been looking at loads but can anyone recommend some anti fog photochromic glasses that they have and use ?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

I know this thread is not short of Galibier fans - but here's my first experience of them:

Order made at 10pm on Sunday night, just over an hour later I received an email confirming my order had been completed and dispatched (11pm on Sunday!!). Order received by standard post (i.e. no charge) today, Tuesday 3pm.

I bought a Zoncolan Gilet and a pair of Ardennes shades.

I'm looking forward to trying them out (they look and feel good), but order fulfilment is superb!

• Advertisement

I love Galibier but can't warm to those Ardennes shades.
    Might be the shape of my head.

Know a guy with that gilet, loves it.

And yeah they are incredibly responsive to orders and queries

I love Galibier but can't warm to those Ardennes shades.
    Might be the shape of my head.

Know a guy with that gilet, loves it.

And yeah they are incredibly responsive to orders and queries
    I find the Ardennes shades great. I ordered the low-light ones but they shipped me the wrong ones, so they sent the second pair in exchange for a charity donation (return postage would have been half of the overall cost almost)

I find the Ardennes shades great. I ordered the low-light ones but they shipped me the wrong ones, so they sent the second pair in exchange for a charity donation (return postage would have been half of the overall cost almost)

Yeah i really think it's the shape of my head.
    The shades are against my forehead, so sweat runs down them inside and out.
    Need to stop and clean them every now and again depending on the heat of the day.

Reckon if the nose was adjustable and "sticky" they'd suit me perfectly.
    I do have a narrow head. Have struggled to find a pair to suit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

patrickc wrote: »
    My birthdays not far off and my wife s going to get me cycling sunglasses.

I've been looking at loads but can anyone recommend some anti fog photochromic glasses that they have and use ?

cheers
    I bought a pair of tifosi photochromatic shades last year and love them. The arms are adjustable as is the nose piece. The lens work well and are clear. Haven’t had them in the bright sunshine to test the transition rate fully but very pleased with them. Bought from merlin last year (pre brexit)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Any Galibier short sleeve jersey best for warm, late Spring, Irish summer weather
    https://www.galibier.cc/short-sleeve-wear/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Anyone ever try the neoprocycling crowd?

I refuse to pay for premium cycling kit so happy with you get what you pay for once material and fit is decent...

dinneenp wrote: »
    Any Galibier short sleeve jersey best for warm, late Spring, Irish summer weather
    https://www.galibier.cc/short-sleeve-wear/
    I'm a big Galibier fan but I don't find their jerseys anything special for the price - although I only have one. For similar money you can get Rapha or Castelli on sale, I also find the more expensive Decathlon ranges to be better

Last couple of jerseys I got from these guys

https://sigr.cc/collections/cycling-jerseys

Free eu shipping.
    Often have sales.

Edit: size up at least one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

I'm a big Galibier fan but I don't find their jerseys anything special for the price - although I only have one. For similar money you can get Rapha or Castelli on sale, I also find the more expensive Decathlon ranges to be better
    I’m not a big Galibier fan.

Extremely rude and condescending customer service (Female Director apparently) regarding a pair of 3/4 length bibs that were very simply badly designed. Baggy as hell around the calves and knees, riding up and over the knee.

The mesh on the straps was paper thin too, and easily torn.

Mistake I made was not to read the reviews first. It may be an “Irish” company but they have a long road to learning proper customer service.

Old adage is accurate.. if it’s too good to be true, it’s probably too good to be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

€50 is on the cheap side for summer jerseys really, I’d expect good quality but not top class at that price range.

Advertisement