Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Warfare 2: Remastered

Options
  • 31-03-2020 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Available Now.

No Multiplayer.

€25.

Still contains the 'No Russian' mission.

Available on PS4 at launch.

Available on Xbox and PC on the 30th of April.

As it stands, it's named on the storefront as "Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Campaign Remastered". I find that very specific, and I wonder if we'll get an "Online Remastered" in future.

Still, at least it's nice to see this game appear in some form.

Comments

• It's 25 euro

I don't see it available anywhere yet (PC)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

It's 25 euro

I don't see it available anywhere yet (PC)

Seriously? That's no bad

[Updated the OP]

I was just coming to post this.

No multiplayer?

It'll be a pass from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

This is the first I've heard of this:)

Think I'll buy it, I wouldn't mind playing the Exodus mission again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Possibly released early due to everyone isolating at home but online mode not finished yet ?

They know MW2 online is one of people's most favourites so I find it hard to believe it won't be released at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Activision actually released a blog post stating that they won't be bringing in any Online Multiplayer for MW2R, instead will be bringing MW2-related content to MW2019.

https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2020-03/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2-Campaign-Remastered-Returns

"Rather than release a separate, multiplayer experience as a standalone pack, Activision and Infinity Ward are looking to bring more classic map experiences to new life within the Modern Warfare universe as it continues to grow and build over time"

In a way I kind of understand from their perspective; why would they release a major instalment then try to kill it by releasing another one in its entirety not even 4 or 5 months later? If it's any consolation: Modern Warfare 2019 is a solid game and I'm actually thoroughly enjoying it. I haven't came across a single loot-box or ridiculous microtransactions - everything seems to be fairly implemented from what I've gathered.

I'll hold off on buying MW2R for the time being as I want to see if I can be bothered to play through MW1R's campaign first. I don't want to buy it and have it just sit there when I could've used the money for something else, as small as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Anyone bought it yet? Seen a split screen comparison of the graphics earlier and it looked really tidied up in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

It makes perfect sense not to have a separate MP given how close the release is to Modern Warfare, but to integrate it into the 2019 game with a playlist or whatever.

Halo did the same thing with the remasters. I will be buying it but annoyed about the exclusivity thing (PC). It was probably the best campaign out of the whole franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Anyone bought it yet? Seen a split screen comparison of the graphics earlier and it looked really tidied up in a good way.

It was a brilliant campaign and I can't wait to play it again. But without the multiplayer it's not worth what they're asking for it.
    I'll wait till it goes on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Here I was about to pull the trigger on the ps store......until I read its campaign only....fook that....

• Advertisement
Advertisement