If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 65" +

Options
  • 31-03-2020 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Just have a couple of questions regarding the Philips TV range. I bought a Hisense 65M5500 from your good selves a couple of years ago but the screen issues on it have me now wanting to get something new. How would the Philips 65PUS6754 compare to it? Do you plan on stocking any larger Philips sizes, maybe in the 7xxx range?
    Cheers,
    Dave.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

doggiedee wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Just have a couple of questions regarding the Philips TV range. I bought a Hisense 65M5500 from your good selves a couple of years ago but the screen issues on it have me now wanting to get something new. How would the Philips 65PUS6754 compare to it? Do you plan on stocking any larger Philips sizes, maybe in the 7xxx range?
    Cheers,
    Dave.
    Hi doggiedee,

Thanks for the post!

The Philips 65PUS6754 would definitely be an upgrade over the Hisense as the Philips uses a micro dimming panel which gives better brightness and contrast. The colour representation and motion would also be better on the Philips TV!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204208-philips-65pus6754-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Unfortunately we don't stock the 7 series Philips in anything larger than a 55" however you can get the Philips OLED panel (65OLED754) in a 65" at £1599. It's a good bit more expensive than the PUS6754 however the OLED panels are at the top of the pile in terms of picture quality!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204294-philips-65oled754-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-premium-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭doggiedee

Hi David,
    Thanks for the reply!
    While that 65" Oled is absolutely gorgeous, I think it may be a little outside my budget unfortunately! I'll have to do some searching down the back of the couch! As a matter of interest, how does it handle analog video? I have a little bit of a format collection here.
    I see over on Richersounds.com , there is the Philips 70PUS6724, is there any chance of you being able to get one of those?
    Cheers,
    Dave.

Hi David,
    Thanks for the reply!
    While that 65" Oled is absolutely gorgeous, I think it may be a little outside my budget unfortunately! I'll have to do some searching down the back of the couch! As a matter of interest, how does it handle analog video? I have a little bit of a format collection here.
    I see over on  Richersounds.com , there is the Philips 70PUS6724, is there any chance of you being able to get one of those?
    Cheers,
    Dave.
    Hi doggiedee,

I have an OLED myself (one of the LG OLED55B8s) and it handles SD video quite well. It will not upscale to 4k and you are still limited by resolution but the colours and brightness is improved. 4K and even HD is where it really shines though!

I can get you one of the 70PUS6724 TVs. They are now available to order on our website via the link below! It still benefits from the Micro dimming panel and the ambilight looks great as well!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204546-philips-70pus6724-70-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Hi David,
    You'll have to leave it with me for tonight. I'll have a think about it and be back on to you tomorrow one way or another!
    Thanks,
    Dave.

Hi David,
    You'll have to leave it with me for tonight. I'll have a think about it and be back on to you tomorrow one way or another!
    Thanks,
    Dave.
    No worries doggiedee, let me know tomorrow!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi David,

As much as I would love to go for the Oled, it's just doable at this time unfortunately. Instead, I'm going to go for the 70". I'm going to pop the order in now on the website.
    Thanks for all your help!

Cheers,
    Dave.

Tried to order it there, but I think the Verified by Visa thing is sending the code to the wrong mobile number!

Tried to order it there, but I think the Verified by Visa thing is sending the code to the wrong mobile number!
    Hi doggiedee,

I don't know what's happening there! I can see the failed orders come through but nothing has been charged.

Have you changed your number on your account?

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

I dont ever remember adding a mobile number to my bank account! I'll ring the store now and place the order over the phone if that's okay.

Cheers,
    Dave.

Hi David,

I dont ever remember adding a mobile number to my bank account! I'll ring the store now and place the order over the phone if that's okay.

Cheers,
    Dave.
    Hi doggiedee,

That's ok. Our store is closed at the moment and we are taking calls off site so there might be a delay in answering your call at the moment!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi doggiedee,

I don't know what's happening there! I can see the failed orders come through but nothing has been charged.

Have you changed your number on your account?

Kind regards

David
    Or if you want to PM me your number I can get back to you asap?

Hi David,
    I've just rang and left a message. Should be sorted soon hopefully!
    Thanks again,
    Dave.

Hi David,
    I've just rang and left a message. Should be sorted soon hopefully!
    Thanks again,
    Dave.
    Thanks doggiedee, we'll be in touch asap!

Hi David,

Have the Philips almost all setup, and so far it's brilliant! Certainly a big improvement over the Hisense. No more clouding or banding!!! 4k looks excellent, so does 1080p and Laserdisc in good ol' 480i looks very watchable! I dare say that I'm very impressed.
    A big thanks to you, Kenny and John for outstanding service as usual!

Cheers,
    Dave.

Hi David,

Have the Philips almost all setup, and so far it's brilliant! Certainly a big improvement over the Hisense. No more clouding or banding!!! 4k looks excellent, so does 1080p and Laserdisc in good ol' 480i looks very watchable! I dare say that I'm very impressed.
    A big thanks to you, Kenny and John for outstanding service as usual!

Cheers,
    Dave.
    Hey Doggiedee.

Thanks for the kind words :D

Glad you are up and running enjoying the new set.

Now you can spend all week end putting it through its paces.

Again thanks as always for the business.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.