Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of support from BOI in crises

Options
  • 31-03-2020 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Customer over 30 years never missed a direct debit until partner salary was cut due to covid 19 I missed 2 direct debits for utilities and I was charged a missed fee by the utility provider and charged double the utility company fee by BOI x2. my salary hit my account the next day so asked for some understanding by BOI asked for a return of the fee as now on a single salary for a large household committed to ensuring this will not happen again -reply from BOI (no flexibility, it’s the terms, we won’t return what we took) how disappointing given how the banks were helped by us the tax paying customers in the last crises ..... so BOI your PR machine needs to reflect how customers are actually being helped and how you will profit from this crises as in the case of how I have been treated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

mvrce wrote: »
    Customer over 30 years never missed a direct debit until partner salary was cut due to covid 19 I missed 2 direct debits for utilities and I was charged a missed fee by the utility provider and charged double the utility company fee by BOI x2.  my salary hit my account the next day so asked for some understanding by BOI  asked for a return of the fee as now on a single salary for a large household committed to ensuring this will not happen again  -reply from BOI (no flexibility, it’s the terms, we won’t return what we took) how disappointing given how the banks were helped by us the tax paying customers in the last crises ..... so BOI your PR machine needs to reflect how customers are actually being helped and how you will profit from this crises as in the case of how I have been treated
    Banks in Ireland never did and never will care for customers no matter what they say, they're in it for maximum profit and screw everyone else....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Mvrce, 

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

Please be assured our customer's feedback is important to us and we will certainly pass on this feedback on your behalf. 

We understand your frustration as these are very difficult times, we have a number of supports in place to help our customers. I have attached a link here for more information on these supports for both personal and business customers. 

You can also dispute any unpaid fees that have been placed on your account with your account holding branch directly. My colleagues will be more than happy to help you with this. 

Thanks, Aisling. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mvrce

Hi Mvrce, 

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

Please be assured our customer's feedback is important to us and we will certainly pass on this feedback on your behalf. 

We understand your frustration as these are very difficult times, we have a number of supports in place to help our customers. I have attached a link here for more information on these supports for both personal and business customers. 

You can also dispute any unpaid fees that have been placed on your account with your account holding branch directly. My colleagues will be more than happy to help you with this. 

Thanks, Aisling. 

Your colleagues were not more than happy to help or show any cognisance of the current crises attached is their response BOI should not be advertising how supportive they are to customers during covid they are just trying to maximise their profits shame on BOI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi mvrce, 

We’re sorry to hear this and we will pass on your feedback about this. If we can help with anything here please let us know. 

Thanks 
    Tara

Advertisement