Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heath Recovery System Noise

Options
  • 31-03-2020 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

We recently moved in into our new A2 energy level home.
    The house has a Joule Invavent 350 Heat recovery system which is great but the noise these vents produce is just unsustanable...
    I measured the noise from the vent in our bedroom and it is almost 40 db making it very hard to fall asleep.

I had a technician call out to the house, who in fairness checked everything, but came back with the "you just have to get used to the noise, it's not that loud" answer.

Is this noise level normal for the HRV vents?
    if not, what can be done as next steps? Joule already sent someone, they will hardly send someone else out to check the system?

Hopefully someone can advise us on what to do next!

Thanks,
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

j_OConnor wrote: »
    Hi,

We recently moved in into our new A2 energy level home.
    The house has a Joule Invavent 350 Heat recovery system which is great but the noise these vents produce is just unsustanable...
    I measured the noise from the vent in our bedroom and it is almost 40 db making it very hard to fall asleep.

I had a technician call out to the house, who in fairness checked everything, but came back with the "you just have to get used to the noise, it's not that loud" answer.

Is this noise level normal for the HRV vents?
    if not, what can be done as next steps? Joule already sent someone, they will hardly send someone else out to check the system?

Hopefully someone can advise us on what to do next!

Thanks,

It is hard to know if it is normal as noise is very difficult to describe but noise can be reduced. Did you measure the noise with your phone? Can you photograph the unit as it is in the attic? Is it sitting on the floor? Send some pics of the layout of the pipes. I am a DIYer but I know some companies can be a bit useless in this area while others are more determined to find a solution for you. That been said there might be a solution you can use without getting the big guns.

Advertisement