Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gluten few toasted sandwich help

Options
  • 31-03-2020 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

I like toasted sandwich and am having a problem with the bread sticking to the plates and having to be scraped off with a knife.

'Normal' bread works just fine and I've tried choosing the bread with every type of spread and butter. Also coated the plates with oil, but gluten free bread doesn't play ball.

To be specific, when I talk about gluten few bread I am specifically talking about the Genius seeded gluten few bread.
    It is driving me crazy as it just won't toast.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm confused, what part is the plate playing in all this?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Alun wrote: »
    I'm confused, what part is the plate playing in all this?

I'm presuming they're the metal plates on the sandwich toaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

zoe 3619 wrote: »
    I'm presuming they're the metal plates on the sandwich toaster?
    Ah, I assumed he was doing them under the grill.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Alun wrote: »
    Ah, I assumed he was doing them under the grill.

Maybe doing them under the grill would solve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

The plates are the heated plates of the sandwich toaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I never had gluten free bread so not sure but I fry my toasted sandwiches, put a scrape of mayo on the outside and it browns up nicely.

Your sandwich maker is likely forcing it hard against the plates.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Maybe try buttering the bread on the outside and toasting it in a hot frying pan instead - you could press it down with a spatula or weight it with a plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,569 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Gluten free bread isn't bread at all. Not in the same sense that yeast and flour bread is. It might be similar to putting a slice of cake into a toaster and expecting it not to stick. While I agree that Genius is the best of them, it might be worth trying to make your sandwich with one of the other gf breads, try them till you find one that works, possibly Aldi's white sourdough might be better? (it has a dryer texture and may be less inclined to 'melt').

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

"Promise" bread is the best i find. We put Butter on the outside and it doesnt stick for us.

Advertisement