Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Run around tractor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Anniepower

Ah sure, maybe if you got a good trade in for the 135 you could stretch to this. Only 5500 hours on it but you might need to invest in a set of front types on it - the tracking must have been a bit off on it as well.

There's no loader of course, but I'd say it might be able to handle a fusion bale with a spike on the back if you took your time. Might be a little thirstier on the diesel than the 135 though

I’m still trying to figure out where I said a loader was a requirement

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Would he drive one of these?
    If all is well internally, they will lift any round bale.
    Nice light steering, good 4wd system and good brakes if you have hilly ground.
    Bought an identical one about 5 years ago and it's been grand.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/same-leopard-85/24532800

Of one of these? Only 2wd but has the versatility of having a loader fitted.
    They have a good reputation, but it's important to get someone to check the brake pads and disks on these age Deutz.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/dtutz-fahr-tractor/22787884

Cheers will show him them two tomorrow and see what he thinks I would be going to my contractor as regards having a check over on the machine so will mention it to him also.

He would have no issue driving either one of those though. I was always of the impression that sames that old can give trouble but good to hear you have had no issues.

The Case 1394 that I put the link to is a 77hp tractor. It has a lift capable of lifting even a fusion round bale. While an old tractor it is a mid 80's tractor it looks like it has been done up. It seems to have a fairly decent type seat. I say it would only need weight at the front if the bales were very heavy. Can and tin work look ok even thought they have been cleaned up.

Biggest issue is it's a private sale I would say so it would need checking out but so will any tractor in that price bracket. Looks like it has been rewired, it also seems road legal.

Yeah she looks very clean compared to any others I have looked at in the price bracket. I am going to give him a ring tomorrow and suss our what work he has put into it and then might arrange a viewing if it is not a million miles away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,541 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Anniepower wrote: »
    I’m still trying to figure out where I said a loader was a requirement

It was a joke. From your opening post, I thought you only wanted a little comfortable yoke for tricking around on. Others were putting up the horsepower (which is understandable but will take you over your budget unless you get something very rough). So I just extended that to give you that link. I wasn't being serious. My serious suggestion had been the 240 as it is a the next series equivalent of the 135. There were 250s as well but I think they were rare. 265's were a little over 60HP and would have no bother with a large bale on the back. There was a 275 I think also and maybe even a 285, but these were less common around here anyways. 290's were very common and they'd be a large enough engine and there might have been a 298 as well

If you only want to spend something around 5k, I would get something smaller and in decent condition to give him a bit of comfort if it will do (most of) what he wants to do. If you stretched it a bit you might get something maybe in the 300 series like a 365 in decent condition. If you minded it it wouldn't lose value. But you're probably getting up to near 10k for one of those. You might pick one up though for 7-8 with a few more hours if you were lucky. We don't really know what he wants to do with it. I mean in terms of the work. It might be something that he uses every day, or once every 2 weeks. Only yourself would know that and that would affect how much it's worth for you to spend. On the other hand, there is no point spending the money on a smaller yoke if it won't do what you want it to do.

You will always get relatively large amount for your 135 because hobbyist lads like them as do restorers. I don't mean that you'll get a fortune for them -- just that, from the other side, if you were a lad looking for one that is running to actually do a few jobs with, it's hard to get one that justifies the price for what you will do with it if you know what I mean.

maidhc wrote: »
    Absolutely. I had a 3600 before, which would be about 50hp, and it was downright useless.

I sold it after filling a carry all with stones, and it wouldn't lift it. It was a miserable tractor. The difference between the 3600 and the 4600 is probably greater than then difference between a 4600 and my TS115!

I'd love a 135 to run a finishing mower or something, but that is all they are fit for in this day and age.

I could sell yah a nice one if your heart grows fonder for it haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Cheers will show him them two tomorrow and see what he thinks I would be going to my contractor as regards having a check over on the machine so will mention it to him also.

He would have no issue driving either one of those though. I was always of the impression that sames that old can give trouble but good to hear you have had no issues.

If they are going OK (despite being 35 years old) they tend to keep going.
    Probably give less trouble than the slightly newer water cooled ones.
    The one in that ad. has the larger hydraulic pump, but as with any old timer, they need to be given a good checking over when viewing.
    Rust in the cab window frames is common...

It was a joke. From your opening post, I thought you only wanted a little comfortable yoke for tricking around on. Others were putting up the horsepower (which is understandable but will take you over your budget unless you get something very rough).

If you only want to spend something around 5k, I would get something smaller and in decent condition to give him a bit of comfort if it will do (most of) what he wants to do. If you stretched it a bit you might get something maybe in the 300 series like a 365 in decent condition. If you minded it it wouldn't lose value. But you're probably getting up to near 10k for one of those. You might pick one up though for 7-8 with a few more hours if you were lucky. We don't really know what he wants to do with it. I mean in terms of the work. It might be something that he uses every day, or once every 2 weeks. Only yourself would know that and that would affect how much it's worth for you to spend. On the other hand, there is no point spending the money on a smaller yoke if it won't do what you want it to do.

You will always get relatively large amount for your 135 because hobbyist lads like them as do restorers. I don't mean that you'll get a fortune for them -- just that, from the other side, if you were a lad looking for one that is running to actually do a few jobs with, it's hard to get one that justifies the price for what you will do with it if you know what I mean.

Yeah I see where your coming from as regards the 135 that is one thing he always says she will rarely lose any value sitting but I feel like something has to be done now or the place will just get wilder and wilder as regards lack of pesticides and topping etc.

He would need it for jobs such as topping, licking lifting round bales during the winter as we plan to house the cattle this year and then just odd jobs around the place that will aid my uncle more then anything and he could use it as a big help to himself as he is moving on and I am not around all the time. Even small jobs like giving our cattle meal and odd fencing jobs he is carrying things that he is not able to carry and I just don’t want it to be a day I’m not there and something might occur. All the land is in one block adjoining his house which is a big help.

Yeah I see where your coming from as regards the 135 that is one thing he always says she will rarely lose any value sitting but I feel like something has to be done now or the place will just get wilder and wilder as regards lack of pesticides and topping etc.

He would need it for jobs such as topping, licking lifting round bales during the winter as we plan to house the cattle this year and then just odd jobs around the place that will aid my uncle more then anything and he could use it as a big help to himself as he is moving on and I am not around all the time. Even small jobs like giving our cattle meal and odd fencing jobs he is carrying things that he is not able to carry and I just don’t want it to be a day I’m not there and something might occur. All the land is in one block adjoining his house which is a big help.

He’s in glas also so the past two years nothing has really been done bar the silage cutting and the ground is just getting wilder and wilder due to growth of rush etc and if this was maintained it would be a lovely pocket of land and stocking rate could even be increased

There are always bigger tractors in the 100 series, although it might be difficult to get a decent reliable one nowadays as they'd be fairly old. Something like a 188. It depends on himself too. He might be kinda stuck on one type which he knows or he likes.

Here's a 175 for example. No power steering on it now or cab either.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/175-mf/24435812

• Advertisement

There are always bigger tractors in the 100 series, although it might be difficult to get a decent reliable one nowadays as they'd be fairly old. Something like a 188. It depends on himself too. He might be kinda stuck on one type which he knows or he likes.

Here's a 175 for example. No power steering on it now or cab either.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/175-mf/24435812

He is fairly open minded as regards what he wants as we have both agreed that something is needed around the place which is a plus as I taught he would try and tell me what kind he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

maidhc wrote: »
    Absolutely. I had a 3600 before, which would be about 50hp, and it was downright useless.

I sold it after filling a carry all with stones, and it wouldn't lift it. It was a miserable tractor. The difference between the 3600 and the 4600 is probably greater than then difference between a 4600 and my TS115!

I'd love a 135 to run a finishing mower or something, but that is all they are fit for in this day and age.

People always want a bigger tractor than they need.
    A little 135 is perfect for drawing decent trailers of turf. A smaller tractor is always better on the bog. There's no worse sight than gobsh1tes who can't drive tearing up the bog in 4wd tractors.

If I was you OP, I'd sell the 135 private as people will buy that with their hearts. A very lovable little tractor. There was a lad in Longford who sold restored tractors at a high end price.

We kept an old David Brown 990 and it did all that was required around the remaining place after we lost our farm.
    Ps thanks to whoever posted re Trillicks. I have that David Brown (running) and 3 non-running Nuffields to chase them up about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,125 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

We've a 675 massy here 4WD.
    It does struggle with heavy bales and loading half ton fert into spreader it does struggle.
    Apologies for hijacking thread but is there anything can be done to improve its lifting capabilities?
    Ideally would love a teleporter around the place

I had a 675 for years until it literally fell apart. It lift was good enough well capable of a half ton of fertlizer and I never had an issue lifting bales. I never had weights on it either. If she got a clean one it would do her job but they are impossible to find clean mist have been exported anyway.

Biggest issue with older tractors is the steel tank for diesel. An absolute pain be wise the diesel always gets dirty. Very important to clean the filter in the tank, as well as replace the prefilter (fit one if not there's already) and main fuel filter every year. A great idea as well is to fit an electrical lift pump instead of manual.

While 3 series Massey's are grand they are massively overpriced. I have seen garages look for 15 k for two wheel drive 3 series and they are not immaculate.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Fine Day

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/sh-deutz-dx4-50-tractor/23509707

I know its over budget. But these air cooled deutzs are a very good tractor.
    Nice comfy cab too for the era.and looks clean.
    Needs repairs to breaks which are a weak point on these.

I had a 675 for years until it literally fell apart. It lift was good enough well capable of a half ton of fertlizer and I never had an issue lifting bales. I never had weights on it either. If she got a clean one it would do her job but they are impossible to find clean mist have been exported anyway.

Biggest issue with older tractors is the steel tank for diesel. An absolute pain be wise the diesel always gets dirty. Very important to clean the filter in the tank, as well as replace the prefilter (fit one if not there's already) and main fuel filter every year. A great idea as well is to fit an electrical lift pump instead of manual.

While 3 series Massey's are grand they are massively overpriced. I have seen garages look for 15 k for two wheel drive 3 series and they are not immaculate.

The 390's and 390T's are especially overpriced due to demand (not unlike the 135). But the other models in that range tend to be a bit more reasonable in comparison.

That said, they do hold their values exceptionally well. That is part of why lads will want you to overpay for them.

Easy to get the parts for them and you can do a lot of the repairs yourself on them. They are still effectively an updated 100 series. As you said about the 600's, a lot of the 200's are exported. The 100's must be going out as well because there used to be an awful lot of them for sale

I always heard that the that the 600s were "soft". But I don't know. second and third hand information. Weren't they French built? Maybe that was what people didn't like

Theheff wrote: »

Would t cost much to do the brakes

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

Slava Ukrainii

A master cylinder is about 400 plus vat, each caliper is about 100 plus vat.
    Don't know about disks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭almostover

Old Zetor Crystal for €2500. Good brakes. These will handle any round bale and have a fine cab. You would have €2500 left over to tidy it up with cab glass and some paint. Parts are cheap and easy to get also. There are guys bringing tin work back from eastern Europe for them too. Once the brakes are sorted they are a grand tractor.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/zetor-crystal-8011/24019887

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    A master cylinder is about 400 plus vat, each caliper is about 100 plus vat.
    Don't know about disks.

Discs are usually cheap enough more than likely as cheap as s single caliper. 1500 euro might seem a lot of money but if it was the only thing wrong if the tractor was purchased for 1k less you have a decent tractor for 7.5k. as well maintenance is a straight tax write off in the year of activity

Slava Ukrainii

Discs are usually cheap enough more than likely as cheap as s single caliper. 1500 euro might seem a lot of money but if it was the only thing wrong if the tractor was purchased for 1k less you have a decent tractor for 7.5k. as well maintenance is a straight tax write off in the year of activity

No water pumps, radiators, thermostats to worry about either, nor any fear of frost....

• Advertisement

Is it possible to put it in as a tax write off if you were to buy off a farm say rather then a dealer? Sorry I am not too familiar with this side of things or how they work may sound like a stupid question

Is it possible to put it in as a tax write off if you were to buy off a farm say rather then a dealer? Sorry I am not too familiar with this side of things or how they work may sound like a stupid question

Everything on a farm.id tax deductible. As long as you have a receipt or it can be traced financially.

Slava Ukrainii

We had one and while we had it we had to redo the breaks. Change seals on calipers and add new pads. Change seals on the master cylinders. Not knowing the extent of to this problem I would be allowing a least €750. But least when the breaks are done you know it be good for a good few years.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

almostover wrote: »
    Old Zetor Crystal for €2500. Good brakes. These will handle any round bale and have a fine cab. You would have €2500 left over to tidy it up with cab glass and some paint. Parts are cheap and easy to get also. There are guys bringing tin work back from eastern Europe for them too. Once the brakes are sorted they are a grand tractor.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/zetor-crystal-8011/24019887

I'm more of a stockman than a machinery man (I could drive it and keep diesel/oil in it and not much else being honest). However providing the above is in good working order (get someone who knows to look it over) that seems good value to me. Those Zetors were common enough around here years back and I never heard too many serious complaints about them although I'm no mechanic. The cab on them was spacious, comfortable for the era and had a flat floor which would be a bonus to an older person as opposed having to climb across the gear housing of a similar age Massey. It's also a good sized heavy tractor which should be well capable of everything you're asking of it. My recommendation would be too look for something similar that's easy to fix and source parts for as maintanance of some sort is always going to be an issue with older equipment regardless of how clean it is.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/ford-7610-with-power-loader/24558828

A loader on this one. Plently of options out there to suit your budget

I'm more of a stockman than a machinery man (I could drive it and keep diesel/oil in it and not much else being honest). However providing the above is in good working order (get someone who knows to look it over) that seems good value to me. Those Zetors were common enough around here years back and I never heard too many serious complaints about them although I'm no mechanic. The cab on them was spacious, comfortable for the era and had a flat floor which would be a bonus to an older person as opposed having to climb across the gear housing of a similar age Massey. It's also a good sized heavy tractor which should be well capable of everything you're asking of it. My recommendation would be too look for something similar that's easy to fix and source parts for as maintanance of some sort is always going to be an issue with older equipment regardless of how clean it is.

A low profile cab won't have as high to climb up into or to climb back down from though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

A low profile cab won't have as high to climb up into or to climb back down from though.

That's a fair point and depending on the mobility of the person in question it could be a deal breaker. However I'm not a fan of the cab layout of a lot of the older tractors and Massey's seem to be nearly the worst I've encountered. Perhaps it's just my imagination but I find the cabs awkward to get in or out of, cramped and generally restrictive. There's been Zetors at home for as long as I can remember and although they have faults as with all makes comfort wouldn't be one of them imo. I got the loan of a neighbor's MF 240 one day last summer and tbh I thought it was a massive step backwards as regards comfort and noise levels as well as having to step across the gear housing when entering/exiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭memorystick

It’s cheap for a reason. Did you ever drive that type?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

i know where there is a 5610 for around 5.5 /6 k shes fairly straight all glass and all seems to work i drove her for a mile the other day i needed her to go into a low shed

The tractor is at least 35 years old now. Your not gona get a fab tractor for small money. But is this tractor not worth a look at. Who knows it could be the finest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

The tractor is at least 35 years old now. Your not gona get a fab tractor for small money. But is this tractor not worth a look at. Who knows it could be the finest.

They left the best picture till last alright, rubik's cube gear change wouldn't be anyone's cup of tea.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

That style of gear lever arrangement on the steering column wasn't Fords brightest idea..
    Is that not the infamous "Rubic's cube" shifter set-up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭hopeso

Realistically, is it practical to buy a tractor such as those mentioned in this thread and expect it to work faultlessly? I know you could be lucky, but I know of two neighbours who bough cheap tractors, and ended up spending far more than what the tractor cost on repairs. One in particular needed a lot of money spent on it from day one...The other worked alright, but needed various repairs over the years, which left it a very dear tractor in the end. I know any tractor can, and will, break down no matter what it cost, but would raising the budget a little get you something more dependable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭older by the day

hopeso wrote: »
    t would raising the budget a little get you something more dependable?

I would say no, unless you raise the budget by about an extra 10,000 or 15,000 euro.

Are Case fast on the road? Thinking of buying a 90hp tractor 2 wd for roadwork and light field work. Drawn towards a JD 2850

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Buying an older tractor quite often it will also be about having a local mechanic familiar with that make of tractor, also minimise electronics.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Are Case fast on the road? Thinking of buying a 90hp tractor 2 wd for roadwork and light field work. Drawn towards a JD 2850

Be very careful when looking at the 50 series JD, make sure and bring someone with you who is very familiar with them.
    They are a beautiful machine to drive and has excellent torque and the cab is one of the best places to be. However internal oil leaks will lead to eye watering repairs.
    Speed is dependant on each machine, 40k probably became common very late 80s.

ITman88 wrote: »
    Be very careful when looking at the 50 series JD, make sure and bring someone with you who is very familiar with them.
    They are a beautiful machine to drive and has excellent torque and the cab is one of the best places to be. However internal oil leaks will lead to eye watering repairs.
    Speed is dependant on each machine, 40k probably became common very late 80s.

I have a 2650 4wd with front loader and gear change on floor. It’s a lovely sweet tractor. Only feeding 100 cattle with bales and slurry. Wouldn’t be doing 200 hours per year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭Robson99

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/2003-case-cs-78/24425091

This looks a cheap tractor for someone with a budget of 15k

I'm almost certain it's a round axle, which would mean it's probably a little over priced at that. It does have the 212 engine, though... One of these in good condition is as simple and straightforward as you're likely to get in a tractor. Would go on for ever with a little maintenance and care. Basically an oversized 135 that will handle most bales....

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/165-with-taxbook/24563536

Robson99 wrote: »

Id say way way over budget for this man. But never the less it seems a very genuine machine. There are a good reliable machine. Driven one a couple of times and it was grand and tidy and nice machine to operate. However I believe from talking to a person in the trade these tractors are steyr and the availability a spare parts in the future is now coming a concern to guys. This may be the reason its not overly expensive. Not long ago these tractors were making decent money. I look at one three years ago, it had a midland tanco loader on it and the main case dealer was looking for 26k for it and was not moving on price either. So I left it to him and bought a John Deere instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

OP, as others have alluded to already, buy a decent tractor thats big enough to comfortably do the jobs needed and is safe and reliable and maybe more important than anything is 'easy to use'. No point buying the latest wizz bang yoke.... thats far too big and complex ....just something simple and well cared for.

Let your uncle have a bit of comfort..... A nice tractor won't lose much in depreciation as long as its minded. Sell it on in the future for basically what you paid for it.

Also... if you buy a pile of s**** your uncle will forget pretty quick the bargain price you got it for.... If it won't work the day he wants it.... (and guess who'll get it in the neck?????)

Robson99 wrote: »

The “Sold as seen” quote in the description suggests to me that there’s something expensive needed on that tractor. It’s way under valued at that money.

hopeso wrote: »
    The “Sold as seen” quote in the description suggests to me that there’s something expensive needed on that tractor. It’s way under valued at that money.

I am not sure it is undervalued. Generally with tractors dealers turn them over on there trade in value. In this case it may have been traded in competitively. As with any second hand tractor you need to get it checked out whether it is from a private or dealer sale. The only advantage of a warranty is if the tractor is bought a distance away you can do this after. The tractor look fresh but it has no loader. The demand for this size tractor is as a stockman tractor. A loader will cost 5K minimum and more than likely you will have to go new or the brackets anyways. Loader will cost 7K+ IMO. With a loader she would cost 22ish with a warranty at 15K in a straight sale with no warranty it in the ballpark of what it is worth.

It a great stock man's tractor on one hand capable of lifting two bales on the back end. Real tidy yard tractor but the elephant in the room is parts availability in the longterm. However if it is a straight tractor and I was only doing 2-300 hours/year on a drystock farm I would consider gambling it. But a loader is the issue at 22K you have other choices

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

I am not sure it is undervalued. Generally with tractors dealers turn them over on there trade in value. In this case it may have been traded in competitively. As with any second hand tractor you need to get it checked out whether it is from a private or dealer sale. The only advantage of a warranty is if the tractor is bought a distance away you can do this after. The tractor look fresh but it has no loader. The demand for this size tractor is as a stockman tractor. A loader will cost 5K minimum and more than likely you will have to go new or the brackets anyways. Loader will cost 7K+ IMO. With a loader she would cost 22ish with a warranty at 15K in a straight sale with no warranty it in the ballpark of what it is worth.

It a great stock man's tractor on one hand capable of lifting two bales on the back end. Real tidy yard tractor but the elephant in the room is parts availability in the longterm. However if it is a straight tractor and I was only doing 2-300 hours/year on a drystock farm I would consider gambling it. But a loader is the issue at 22K you have other choices

Not having had a loader previously might be no harm for a yoke that size when you are buying secondhand. I know it leaves it expensive if you want to put one on it, but otherwise there'd be much less wear and tear up front

(I still think you'd get better value than it anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Not having had a loader previously might be no harm for a yoke that size when you are buying secondhand. I know it leaves it expensive if you want to put one on it, but otherwise there'd be much less wear and tear up front

(I still think you'd get better value than it anyway)

Op isn't looking a loader.

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Op isn't looking a loader.

We are not talking about OP's tractor her budget is 5kish. We were posting about the CS 78 and whether it was under or over priced

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭selectamatic

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/case-885/24535885

If comfort is a priority OP then something like this would be hard beat. Serious engine in them that punches well above it's weight. Transmission is quirky but once you get used to them they're fine.

Also just to add on the dealer talk the Brogans are all sound to deal with and may have something in stock to suit your budget. I've had dealings with Kevin in Ballymoe and Pat in strokestown and both were upfront and honest.

Clarkes in Ballindine are sound too but they might not have anything in stock to suit the budget.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/case-885/24535885

If comfort is a priority OP then something like this would be hard beat. Serious engine in them that punches well above it's weight. Transmission is quirky but once you get used to them they're fine.

Also just to add on the dealer talk the Brogans are all sound to deal with and may have something in stock to suit your budget. I've had dealings with Kevin in Ballymoe and Pat in strokestown and both were upfront and honest.

Clarkes in Ballindine are sound too but they might not have anything in stock to suit the budget.

Worth a look surely, but I'd be afraid there won't be much left of the bottom of the doors, or more importantly, the bottom front lower corners of the cab in a few years.
    He's already sprayed over the rust holes as it is, and sprayed the engine black as well, without too much concern of where the spray went.
    On the plus side, the cab roof cladding looks dry, so if it's good mechanically I'd bargain hard, quoting the cost of getting the cab corners cut out and replaced.

• Advertisement
Advertisement