Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit card

Options
  • 31-03-2020 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I am having an issue to where my card was allowing me last month to purchase stuff online but now its saying the card number is invalid is there a solution other than ordering a new card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There Antod123, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties using your Visa Debit Card online. 

There may be a temporary security flag on your Visa Debit Card. Have you received any texts or emails from our card security team? Sometimes our security team may contact you by text or email to confirm if you have made a transaction with your Visa Debit card. Our security team can be contacted on 01 488 54 66, an advisor there will be more than happy to view your card and lift any flag that may be in place. Advisors are available 24/7.

The issue may also be linked to Verified by Visa. Certain online sites may ask for a Verified by Visa code to be entered in order for an online purchase to be fulfilled. These messages are sent to you via text message to your mobile phone. If you are not receiving the text message or you are receiving an invalid code then you will need to get in contact with our Verified by Visa department, they can be reached on 0818 200 370. An advisor there will be able to resolve the issue, and determine why the code is invalid/not sending. Advisors are available 24/7.

If neither of these are the issue you may need to get in touch with a customer service representative; by secure message or phone. Our secure message system can be accessed through your banking 365 online. You will need to select 'Service Desk' and then 'Ask a question', one of my colleagues will be able to examine your card and advise exactly why the transactions are failing.

Our customer service department can also be contacted by phone at 0818 365 365. The phone lines are open Monday to Friday 9 am - 5 pm. An advisor will be more than happy to take a look after you.

I hope the above information helps, please do not hesitate to get back to us if you have any further questions.

Thanks, Aisling.

Advertisement