Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash lodgement

Options
  • 31-03-2020 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Almost the same issue as the last time I posted here, I tried to lodge €300 to my account tonight, but the ATM swallowed two hundred and seventy euros of it, a message came up about "log in transport jam" & "We have retained your monies or logement" something to that effect. I got not receipt from the ATMi
    This happened shortly after 7 pm tonight, Can I please PM my details for this to be looked into

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭JACK BE NIMBLE

Almost the same issue as the last time I posted here, I tried to lodge €300 to my account tonight, but the ATM swallowed two hundred and seventy euros of it, a message came up about "log in transport jam" & "We have retained your monies or logement" something to that effect. I got not receipt from the ATMi
    This happened shortly after 7 pm tonight, Can I please PM my details for this to be looked into
    You can ignore - I just recived a call from my local BOI branch, they have retrieved the money and are lodging it now.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Jack, 

Thank you for updating us. 

Delighted to hear this has been looked after for you. Please do hesitate to get in touch with us here again if there is anything we can help with.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TheShepard

ATM swallowed 1300 today on me, same message.
    I did not have to input how much I was putting in which I thought was unusual, did this happen to you also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

TheShepard wrote: »
    ATM swallowed 1300 today on me, same message.
    I did not have to input how much I was putting in which I thought was unusual, did this happen to you also?
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. If the lodgement has been retained by the machine we would recommend that you raise this by logging into your account through the main website, select service desk and ask a question.

Alternatively if you call our customer service team on 0818365365 one of our advisors will be more than happy to look into this further for you.

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen 

Went into bank today and they had it sorted in no time!

It's just not very reassuring when it happens, no contact number or the likes.
    I'd imagine if it were someone older or some one not very good with smart phones it would be hard to get the right help (provided the bank is not open).
    Maybe something to work.

Thanks all the same :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I'd imagine if it were someone older or some one not very good with smart phones it would be hard to get the right help (provided the bank is not open).
    Maybe something to work.

I never understand this "someone older" or the worse still, the most overused phrase in the world "the vulnerable"

Well guess what, these people have lived through times that have been far worse than the current crisis.

TB, constant power cuts, massive taxes, water shortages, fuel shortages, currency devaluation, high interest rates, runaway inflation etc etc

A few quid getting stuck in a machine will not bother them one bit as they have the patience to wait and talk to someone.

As for the snowflakes of today - such an issue is a life threatening catastrophe

Darc19 wrote: »

Maybe something to work.

I never understand this "someone older" or the worse still, the most overused phrase in the world "the vulnerable"

Well guess what, these people have lived through times that have been far worse than the current crisis.

TB, constant power cuts, massive taxes, water shortages, fuel shortages, currency devaluation, high interest rates, runaway inflation etc etc

A few quid getting stuck in a machine will not bother them one bit as they have the patience to wait and talk to someone.

As for the snowflakes of today - such an issue is a life threatening catastrophe
    If your talking about having it harder financially I can reassure today's generation have it a lot worse. Just look how how hard it is to get a house? There is no bread winner anymore, everyone has to work. Most had families and houses of their own in their early twenties and could live off one wage for the most part. Not even in sight for most in early twenties. 

I know enough that wouldn't have the patience. That's just absurd, and with the atm swallowing 1300 on me with no number or anything other than contact staff on the screen,when the place is closed. I wasn't going to just be happy to walk away not knowing any sort of reassurance.

Advertisement