Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sister being very irresponsible..

• 31-03-2020 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Sister has recently returned from a highly affected area of Covid 19 in the UK. My mother ( who isn't young ) prepared for her return by moving my father who is immune compromised to another house which is our B&B. My mother collected her from the airport and had her gloves, mask etc. Upon arriving home my sister went to a room my mother prepared for her and ever since my mother has delivered meal's to the door. Although today my sister was extremely negligent and went to the house my father was staying and tried to enter so he locked the door. She then proceeded to petting his dog who was outside at the time which really infuriated my father because there is still a lot of ambiguity about whether dogs can transmit the virus or carry it. I brought the topic up with my sister to be more careful but she snapped. I tried to explain the 14 day incubation to which seemed to know very little about and claimed me to be a liar and that she is symptom free. On the face of things she doesn't seem to pay much attention to the news but her negligence so far is putting a vulnerable household at jeopardy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Paddy223 wrote: »
    Sister has recently returned from a highly affected area of Covid 19 in the UK. My mother ( who isn't young ) prepared for her return by moving my father who is immune compromised to another house which is our B&B. My mother collected her from the airport and had her gloves, mask etc. Upon arriving home my sister went to a room my mother prepared for her and ever since my mother has delivered meal's to the door. Although today my sister was extremely negligent and went to the house my father was staying and tried to enter so he locked the door. She then proceeded to petting his dog who was outside at the time which really infuriated my father because there is still a lot of ambiguity about whether dogs can transmit the virus or carry it. I brought the topic up with my sister to be more careful but she snapped. I tried to explain the 14 day incubation to which seemed to know very little about and claimed me to be a liar and that she is symptom free. On the face of things she doesn't seem to pay much attention to the news but her negligence so far is putting a vulnerable household at jeopardy.

Jesus.... Our 6 year old daughter knows what to do and what not to do and no visits or meeting with grandparents or anyone else for that matter.

She stays away from her friends on the street and steps aside while we are out walking.

I'm guessing your sister is a bit older since she returned from UK, so probably old enough to show her videos of people in Italy on their death beds and a few information websites....

I can only hope her uk/borris non prevention mindset will ware off soon....

Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭mountai

Tell her to F**k off back to where she came from .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Would your sister not have moved in to the B and B room, and left your father at home?? :confused:
    (bit late to be asking now, I realise)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

She is in her mid 20's and not a child but, may not have the maturity as she should for her age. I understand it can be tough staying in a room and she mite become frustrated but, we live in countryside so she has just plenty of opportunity to go for walks and that. But, what strikes me the most is that she just doesn't seem to understand the magnitude of the whole thing and as you say 'forestfire' she has that real Boris attitude about her..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I brought the topic up with my sister to be more careful but she snapped. I tried to explain the 14 day incubation to which seemed to know very little about and claimed me to be a liar and that she is symptom free.
    Perhaps the next time she snaps, fcuking explode, and ask her why she hates your parents so much that she'd risk harming them?

Some people tend not to see the big picture because they only previously talked to an echo chamber that is the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

She is in her mid 20's and not a child but, may not have the maturity as she should for her age. I understand it can be tough staying in a room and she mite become frustrated but, we live in countryside so she has just plenty of opportunity to go for walks and that. But, what strikes me the most is that she just doesn't seem to understand the magnitude of the whole thing and as you say 'forestfire' she has that real Boris attitude about her..

Based on what you've said, that's exactly what she is. Next time you see her, or even over the phone, let rip without mercy. It's this selfish ignorance that has caused the virus to spread so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

jaxxx wrote: »
    Based on what you've said, that's exactly what she is. Next time you see her, or even over the phone, let rip without mercy. It's this selfish ignorance that has caused the virus to spread so fast.

I already had it out with her this evening but still couldn't get through to her. She just proceeded to say I'm more likely to have it cause I came from Dublin ( I arrived over 4 weeks ago) so well over the incubation period and left Dublin at a time when there was also very few cases compared to now. Dunno what to do she seems a lost cause if I'm honest .

Advertisement