Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to post on Firfox

Options
  • 01-04-2020 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭

As per the title - I'm unable to post new threads on Firefox, but I can on Edge - I get a message saying that I have been blocked.

I've managed to post the thread just now (copy and paste from one browser to another) using Edge - so it seems specific to my Firefox browser.

Any ideas as to why?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi funkey_monkey, it sounds like a Cloudflare issue. Unfortunately there isn't much we can do to stop this happening at the moment, CloudFlare will kick in when there is a lot of traffic on the site or when there is 'unfriendly' traffic (not specifically you, could be from the same geographic area or IP range). It shouldn't remain like that all of the time though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

One small possibility occurred to me, is your Firefox using any private/incognito browsing mode, or rejecting cookies?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Spear - no I'm using std Firefox and I've got no blockers installed.

Niamh - the name Cloudflare sounds correct.

Spear/Niamh I've had the problem again trying to post into the Test forum. I've forward the Cloudflare ray Id to you both via PM.
    It's not a big issue but I've got 4 weeks of boredom to fill... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement