Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money fraud

Options
  • 01-04-2020 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, I am just looking for some help. Last night I tried to file a claim against a person who claimed to be someone else. This person agreed to post me an item in exchange for paying €58 which was fine as I’ve done this before. Little did I know this person was a scammer on another persons account. This person was very convincing and made me pay through paypal and not through the actual selling app. This person was smart and I feel awful stupid as I should’ve know when this person was asking to pay the unusual way. Later did the girl message me to say that this was not her who listed the items etc . I made a claim to PayPal but without replying they closed the case. I don’t know what to do and I really want to get my money back. Any help would be useful! The money was taken from my account and sent to his PayPal, especially during this tough times and the fact I’m a student this money is really going a long way. I would appreciate any help please.
    Thankyou.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Hayleyreade, 

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

I'm sorry to hear this is your current situation. 

If the payment was made through your PayPal account, it would be necessary to follow this up with them directly. They may have to investigate this further and organise a recall of this amount for you. 

If you made the payment directly with your Visa Debit Card, you can certainly dispute this with our Chargebacks Team. I have attached a link here with more information on this. 

I hope this helps. 
    Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement