Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wage Subsidy Scheme Issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Tow wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the government. You will need to contact your employer, it may be an attempt to rectify their own overpayment mistake.

BTW, 'Advances' (otherwise know as Loans) are subject to BIK. It is not a good description to use when recovering overpayments. If they are audited by Revenue, questions will be asked.

The company I work for provides us with very little explanation or clarity for anything pay related, and we have no union or avenue to escalate a situation to management as it falls on deaf ears. Nonetheless I will follow your advice and attempt to email HR and hopefully get some clarity on what this "Advance recovery" of 98 euro was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

I think I posted this before but does being on Week 1 bracket majorly effect how much you’re getting paid? As I got a new job but was on the Covid payment for about 5 months prior to that and based on my salary, I thought I would be getting paid more (I get paid every 2 weeks.)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Green Mile

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    I think I posted this before but does being on Week 1 bracket majorly effect how much you’re getting paid? As I got a new job but was on the Covid payment for about 5 months prior to that and based on my salary, I thought I would be getting paid more (I get paid every 2 weeks.)

The answer to your question is maybe.

You can call revenue and ask them to place you on a cumulative certificate or you can wait until mid January 2021 to review and confirm your earnings for 2020 via MyAccounts. Either option may trigger a refund to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Looks like Revenue haven't updated the rates in ROS yet.

Our payroll manager submitted files on 21st for payroll on 23rd October, but all are showing on ROS at the old lower rates currently.

Have queried via MyEnquiries, but curious to see if same issue being seen elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭collsoft

I just doubled checked with the technical team in Revenue.

They will be running a sweepback process to update the rates to the new higher amounts that apply to all payslips with a payment date on/after 20th October.

They hope to run this sweepback in the morning - but it will definitely be run before the monthly statements for October are issued.

***EDIT*** Sorry the monthly statements are actually already issued, I thought they only issued on the 4th or 5th of the month. But either way, Reveneu will be updating all existing payslips with a payment date from 20th October to reflect the new rates. This will occur before the first October EWSS payment is made to employers
    blackwhite wrote: »
    Looks like Revenue haven't updated the rates in ROS yet.

Our payroll manager submitted files on 21st for payroll on 23rd October, but all are showing on ROS at the old lower rates currently.

Have queried via MyEnquiries, but curious to see if same issue being seen elsewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭PickYourName

collsoft wrote: »

They will be running a sweepback process to update the rates to the new higher amounts that apply to all payslips with a payment date on/after 20th October.

They hope to run this sweepback in the morning - but it will definitely be run before the monthly statements for October are issued.

I can confirm this has been done.

I was more than a little alarmed when I saw the subsidy as €203/person rather than the expected €350/person when I first checked the Reveneue record and contacted them to be told the same and sure enough the amounts shown have been corrected. The affacted pay run was on 22nd October (oddly enough the following week's run was OK).

Payment, based on the corrected amounts, has also now been received, so all is well.

Yeah it was the first few days of the new rates that needed to be updated by this sweepback.

The new rates are now shown in real time, and next week Revenue will start paying the subsidy on a daily basis the same way TWSS operated
    I can confirm this has been done.

I was more than a little alarmed when I saw the subsidy as €203/person rather than the expected €350/person when I first checked the Reveneue record and contacted them to be told the same and sure enough the amounts shown have been corrected. The affacted pay run was on 22nd October (oddly enough the following week's run was OK).

Payment, based on the corrected amounts, has also now been received, so all is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Not sure if there's a seperate thread on it but registration is now open for the Covid Restrictions Support Scheme (CRSS)

I was on a call with Revenue on Friday afternoon when they said that registration was open and that people could make claims from next week.

But to be honest, because it wasn't Payroll related I didnt pay a whole lot of attention.

I logged onto ROS and I cant see where to register - MyEnqueries is offline tonight and I cant see a separate link.

However, ROS is usually updated over the weekend, so perhas they will be rolling it out over the weekend.

If I cant find it over the next day or two I will ask Revenue on Tuesday during our next call.

The CRSS guidelines dont actually say where exactly you go to register;

https://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/press-office/budget-information/2021/crss-guidelines.pdf

Not sure if there's a seperate thread on it but registration is now open for the Covid Restrictions Support Scheme (CRSS)

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

I was on a call with Revenue on Friday afternoon when they said that registration was open and that people could make claims from next week.

But to be honest, because it wasn't Payroll related I didnt pay a whole lot of attention.

I logged onto ROS and I cant see where to register - MyEnqueries is offline tonight and I cant see a separate link.

However, ROS is usually updated over the weekend, so perhas they will be rolling it out over the weekend.

If I cant find it over the next day or two I will ask Revenue on Tuesday during our next call.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/press-office/budget-information/2021/crss-guidelines.pdf

I don't know how people like you keep going. I admire you.
    I was self employed for 11 years and gave up because of the paperwork, fees and complete lack of social welfare to support me when my business was down.
    I got a low paid paye job 3 years ago. Now everything is done for me. No more accounts, no more certificates, no more insurance. Now i just act like an eejit and have a simple part-time job. It's bliss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Hi just in case you didn’t find it , it’s under manage tax registrations down in the bottom.

Well Thanks - I just run a small business like most other people on here and its been challenging at times alright. As they said "We are all in this together"

If it wasnt for my Wife keeping the books right I would have been thrown in jail years ago for not filing my VAT returns!!!!

Every business has two key elements - What you Do, and How you do it.

I love the "What We Do" bit, but I hate running a business (The How you do it bit)

I have to say in fairness Revenue have given us and all the other Payroll Vendors a huge amount of support over these last 6 months.

And truth be told, if Revenue had not released "PAYE Modernisation" in 2019 then TWSS would never have been possible and I hate to think what would have happened in that case.

With TWSS you sent in your payroll to Revenue and you had money in your bank account in 2 working days.

Revenue actually deserve a lot of credit for everything that they did
    Scoondal wrote: »
    I don't know how people like you keep going. I admire you.
    I was self employed for 11 years and gave up because of the paperwork, fees and complete lack of social welfare to support me when my business was down.
    I got a low paid paye job 3 years ago. Now everything is done for me. No more accounts, no more certificates, no more insurance. Now i just act like an eejit and have a simple part-time job. It's bliss.

I actually checked there last week and again this morning - I cant see that link to register in my "eRegistration" page.

Curious if anybody else has problems seeing it or if Im just being dumb
    je551e wrote: »
    Hi just in case you didn’t find it , it’s under manage tax registrations down in the bottom.

I actually checked there last week and again this morning - I cant see that link to register in my "eRegistration" page.

Curious if anybody else has problems seeing it or if Im just being dumb

See attached (please excuse the crude drawing to highlight!).

Thanks PickYourname,

Thats where I was looking alright - Im not trying to register, I was trying to prepare documentation for my customers with screenshots showing where it was.

I have attached a screenshot of what my eRegistration page shows, and as you can see its not listed there.

However I have now figured out what the problem is.

When EWSS was launched I did the same thing, I prepared a step by step guide for my customers to show them how to register. So i ran through the EWSS registration taking screenshots as I went.

Because I was not actually registering for EWSS I didnt actually complete the process, and that left my account in a sort of limbo with the result now that the new CRSS option is not showing.

But at least we know why now :)

ereg.png
    See attached (please excuse the crude drawing to highlight!).

Anyone’s application for The CRSS been approved yet? Mine is still pending just wondering

Just a bit of information for you.

Revenue have announced that they are going to facilitate employers wh wish to help their employees with the PAYE/USC liabilities that arise from TWSS.

I know that not all employers will be in a position to do so, but equally I know that there are employers who would like to help their employees in this regard.

There is some initial information available at

https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/twss/employers-paying-employees-tax-liability.aspx

For my part I will be undertaking development work to facilitate this in our software

Just a bit of information for you.

Revenue have announced that they are going to facilitate employers wh wish to help their employees with the PAYE/USC liabilities that arise from TWSS.

I know that not all employers will be in a position to do so, but equally I know that there are employers who would like to help their employees in this regard.

There is some initial information available at

https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/twss/employers-paying-employees-tax-liability.aspx

For my part I will be undertaking development work to facilitate this in our software

Thanks , it says you can view prelim tax due , where can you view this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭Tow

je551e wrote: »
    Thanks , it says you can view prelim tax due , where can you view this?

As per Revenues instructions, Employees (if not Self Assessed) can view the information on MyAccount, on their Preliminary End of Year Statement. This is the replacement for the P21 Form. There are a number of possible issues over this process, which have yet to be worked out!

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Pistachio19

Have just had a look at the updated info on revenue. With regard to Repayment of Subsidy is it up to us to just work out what we owe them and then pay, or will they have it worked out and request us to repay them at some stage? We owe just over €1000 due to being paid €410 per employee in April which was more that was due to us.

• Advertisement

Hi Pistachio19,

Revenue will be issuing all employers with a calculation by way of a CSV file.

This will show how much you were paid, how much employees were entitled to and an overall balance of what you need to repay back to Revenue.

However the timelines are not clear at the moment.

This calculation was supposed to be made available in November, and as yet we don't have an exact date when it will be ready - but Revenue are telling us at the moment they hope to have it some time in December.

We are also told that Employers will have some time to study this file and its likely to be some time towards the end of Q1 2021 before they will be compelled to finalise the calculation.

That all said, Revenue are pushing all employers to complete the reporting of what has been paid to employees before 31st December as they need this data to calculate the amount of PAYE/USC due

Hope this makes sense.
    Have just had a look at the updated info on revenue. With regard to Repayment of Subsidy is it up to us to just work out what we owe them and then pay, or will they have it worked out and request us to repay them at some stage? We owe just over €1000 due to being paid €410 per employee in April which was more that was due to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Pistachio19

That's great, thanks a million collsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Big thumbs up to all the small employers looking after their employees income while their own business is non-existant. They can't plan ahead. They have no idea about how much stock to order, what's their staff level, are government incentives grants or loans. I couldn't do this ... I admire you people.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Scoondal wrote: »
    Big thumbs up to all the small employers looking after their employees income while their own business is non-existant. They can't plan ahead. They have no idea about how much stock to order, what's their staff level, are government incentives grants or loans. I couldn't do this ... I admire you people.

Yes indeed.
    But if they are boxing clever, they can actually be making money on the scheme.
    If they are being decent, it might not be a bug cost to keep their employees somewhat happy (all things considered)

Seve OB wrote: »
    Yes indeed.
    But if they are boxing clever, they can actually be making money on the scheme.
    If they are being decent, it might not be a bug cost to keep their employees somewhat happy (all things considered)

Well I wouldn't call it "making money", but we're not loosing any, which is the key thing. As for keeping employees happy, I'm always baffled by companies that seem to go out their way to do the opposite. Apart from anything else, I've always find it makes good business sense to do the right thing by empployees as much as possible.

I know they're far from perfect and we complain as much as the next company, but the government schemes - particularly the wage subsidy - are game changers in terms of keeping us going and people in jobs. Compare and contrast wirth the mess in Northern Ireland right now.

Similarly, with Revenue. They're driving me to distraction at the moment, taking weeks to answer a simple query, but to introduce the original wage subsidy scheme at such short notice and at such a scale was amazing. Because of their function in life, they're unlikely ever to get the praise they deserve for that.

Very Well Said!
    Well I wouldn't call it "making money", but we're not loosing any, which is the key thing. As for keeping employees happy, I'm always baffled by companies that seem to go out their way to do the opposite. Apart from anything else, I've always find it makes good business sense to do the right thing by empployees as much as possible.

I know they're far from perfect and we complain as much as the next company, but the government schemes - particularly the wage subsidy - are game changers in terms of keeping us going and people in jobs. Compare and contrast wirth the mess in Northern Ireland right now.

Similarly, with Revenue. They're driving me to distraction at the moment, taking weeks to answer a simple query, but to introduce the original wage subsidy scheme at such short notice and at such a scale was amazing. Because of their function in life, they're unlikely ever to get the praise they deserve for that.

Very Well Said!

Thanks!

I'm somewhat reluctant to bother you and ask you something, but I'm getting nowhere with Revenue and you seem to be very well informed.

Section 6.2.3 of the TWSS FAQ document (V18, 27 August 2020) describes a file you can download from Revenue.

It says: "Revenue will make available for download a reconciliation detail CSV file of the TWSS reconciliation details held within the Revenue systems. The CSV will contain all active J9 payslips where subsidy was paid by Revenue to the employer and all the reported subsidy payments."

Simple question: where can I find this file?

I say simple question, but I've spent the last seven weeks or so trying to get an answer out of Revenue. They keep referring me to files uploaded to Revenue, which I know about but am unable to do (no support from the payroll package I'm using).

From the way this is phrased it's clear to me that this is a different file from that uploaded to Revenue and subsequently available for download (as described in the previous section 6.2.2), but maybe it isn't and it's just badly phrased? If so, why don't they just say that and put me out of my misery?

The underlying issue I have is that without some type of summary file like this, it is difficult and time consuming to verify the information I've uploaded to Revenue over the TWSS period.

Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

i seem to recall a delay in the revenue making this download available?
    maybe im misaken though

Seve OB wrote: »
    i seem to recall a delay in the revenue making this download available?
    maybe im misaken though

That's entirely possible, I guess, though why they don't just say that to me I've no idea.

Can you recall where you saw or heard that information?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭Tow

Section 6.2.3 of the TWSS FAQ document (V18, 27 August 2020) describes a file you can download from Revenue.

It says: "Revenue will make available for download a reconciliation detail CSV file of the TWSS reconciliation details held within the Revenue systems. The CSV will contain all active J9 payslips where subsidy was paid by Revenue to the employer and all the reported subsidy payments."

Simple question: where can I find this file?

The simple answer is you cannot download the file, yet. Revenue now "hope" to have it the weekend 19/20 of December. I assume if they miss this deadline you are into next year.

It is actual two different files, depending on if you have uploaded all the Subsidy values. The short version lets you identify any missing values. Once all values are entered/uploaded you get the long version. This also includes Revenues automatically calculated values, error messages and Revenue's caseworkers manual calculations.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement