Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wage Subsidy Scheme Issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

And it still wasn’t accepting uploads for 2 companies yesterday.

I did a my enquiries to tell them there was a problem with the site and it wasn’t allowing me to upload.

their answer was that the deadline is extended!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭PickYourName

Anyone else having an issue with EWSS payments not being made?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭collsoft

Actually Revenue have had a technical problem which has delayed some EWSS payments since the beginning of August.

Revenue have told me that the last of the catch up payments were made this morning and should arrive in you accounts today or tomorrow.

Just a note about the EWSS Eligibility review on ROS.

The deadline for completing this was Sunday 15th August - only 54% of EWSS registered had completed the eligibility review by the deadline.

Revenue are now going to start contacting those who didn't complete the review - so if you are no longer eligible then I would suggest that you de-register from the scheme.

Revenue are going to allow a very short grace period, but be aware, if you haven't completed the eligibility review by the end of this month then Revenue are going to put a block on your payments

I completed the review on time.

just went in to update the July projections to actuals.

revenue still asking for projections for July…….. or is there somewhere different I need to go to stick in the actual amount?

• Advertisement

Oddly this has changed. I just found out that my turnover figure was not the final, so I went to update again on ROS.

luckily for me I guess.

now, July has changed to actual, they removed the figures for July-December. All this in the space of an hour or so this afternoon.

worth double checking if you just updated the projections

Hi Seve OB,

Im not sure if this applies to you - but there is another little thing to be aware of regarding the 2019 turnover figures.

If its a business that was established some time between 1st Jan 2019 and 31 Oct 2019 then you wont have a full year of trading.

What Revenue does is take your part year figures and convert them to an annualised equivalent.

This is confusing a lot of people because they aere seeing a figure at the end for 2019 which does not match what they inputted.

Lets say you commenced trading on 1st July and had a turnover of 250K for the six months to 31st December.

Revenue will show this to you as a 500K figure for the whole of 2019.

Revenue will then use this 500K figure and compare it to the whole of 2021 to see if you meet the 30% downturn.

I dont agree with this methodology myself, but its what Revenue is using for those new 2019 start-up businesses, and it can result in employers being incorrectly flagged as eligible or ineligible

Jason

Thanks! Somewhat happier knowing it wasn't just me. We received 2 weeks' payment on 18th.

However, it looks like the issue isn't resolved, as last week's payment seems to be delayed too. Previously, within a day you could see in the Statement of Account the PRSI rebate due and there was a notification of EWSS payment, with the payment arriving on Tuesday. Nothing today, and no notification there either.

Speaking of notifications, sorry for not responding to your comment before, but I didn't receive any email to say it had been made and I've only just had the chance to check back. I really appreciate the information you post here, as I'm sure others do too: many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

We received correspondence from Sage today that ROS was experiencing difficulties (requesting RPN's, submitting payrolls etc)

So the problem that was there last month got resolved from a payments point of view by the following week

but I just noticed something else.

the PRSI credit was given on the double the following week also. Grand.

but the following week again, there were three weeks PRSI credits given…….. well at least that’s what it looks like for 2 companies I’m working on. Anyone else see anything similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Anyone know when the rates for EWSS from 1st October are to be announced?

Funny I haven't heard anything about that - are you still seeing it as a problem?

Waiting for the politicians to make up their minds!!!

Im just speculating here, but back when the current rates were extended until October the Minister mentioned an "Employer Contribution". I wouldn't be surprised if this was made up by removing the Employer PRSI Credit, but leave the actual subsidy payment untouched.

But that's just my guess.

Will check Thursday when I’m back in that job

is this accurate?

ATM we know wage subsidies will exist till 31 December.

we know rates will remained uncharged till 30September

we don’t know if rates will drop after but are guessing they will start to taper down?

we haven’t a clue what the cuts to them will be

No, thats just my best guess as yet.

Expecting some clarity next week.

Well Seve_OB - looks like you are correct about the double up on the PRSI credits.

Revenue told us today that they have identified the issue.

I dont have all the details just yet, but it seems to be an error that occurs when an employer makes a correction to a payroll that they had already submitted for EWSS. if it was corrected multiple times then that could explain why it looked like 3 amounts of credit like you saw.

i dont know if this tallies with your experience.

The really surprising thing is that it goes back into 2020 payrolls and it has only been picked up on now by Revenue - I am guessing Seve_OB that if you logged the call on MyEnqueries thats what might have started them looking at it!!!!!

Revenue are now going to go back and adjust any monthly statement where the error occurred and remove any extra PRSI credits that were allocated. This will show up as an amount outstanding to the employer.

So if you start seeing revised statements and money owed to Revenue then you know what it is.

I have been telling Revenue since the beginning of PMOD that many employers dont really check their monthly statement properly - this is proof of the fact!

That's interesting. We've seen something almost identical. No PRSI credit for week 32 and what looked like double for week 33. Didn't think yoo much about it, as I assumed the double was just making up for the missed week. However, week 34 looked like to be triple the regular amount. Again, I assumed it would be sorted for the end-of-month return, but it wasn't. Total amount owed included one week of triple PRSI credit, which is what we paid. I kind of assumed if they'd messed up, they'd come looking for it.

As for checking, we always check the amount of PAYE, PRSI and USC owed agaist what our payroll says, but we've no way of checking the PRSI credits: I simply don't have the time to check manually.

I haven't flagged it to them - maybe I should? I'd prefer to have it sorted sooner rather than later as you can be sure if there is an underpayment of PRSI they'll come looking for it at the worst possible time.

The only time we make manual corrections to payroll submissions is to add an end date for people who leave, as the payroll package we use doen't seem to do this correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

• Advertisement

Interesting

Have you heard anything on the EWSS @collsoft ?Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Hi @collsoft just want to clarify that for an employer who is now about to pay employee's liabilities re TWSS, is it sufficient to pay the money to the employee and let them take care of the liability, even if there's a good chance they will simply pay via the deductions in credits over the 4 years? All payments will be documented and statements of liabilities have been obtained where possible - (one employee is a Form 11 filer, so we've just estimated based on the liabilities shown for peer workers who have statements of liabilities).

Realise that there is an option to amend the final 2020 return, but will give employees the option and suspect they'll opt for this approach, so just seeking your thoughts on the approach.

Btw, long time collsoft user - lovely product, excellent communication throughout this whole process. Many thanks.

Hi @je551e

We were expecting news all of last week but it never came.

The current indications are that the final decisions will be made tomorrow at the cabinet meeting and announced shortly thereafter.

Also, we were told unofficially that any changes wont come into affect in October. Likely to occur in November/December

But until we have an official announcement nothing can be taken as final!!!!

Hi @Glenbhoy,

Thanks for the kind words, and you are very welcome.

Yes indeed, Revenue do allow you to pay the money to the employee directly and it then becomes the duty of the employee to discharge any liabilities owing.

As long as you have the documentation to show that you discussed this with the employees, agreed a figure etc etc (like you mentioned) then you are covered.

We are advocating that the employer pays Revenue directly, but I know other Payroll providers are advocating paying the employee - less work for the employer, and there are pros and cons with both methods.

But absolutely you can pay it directly to the employee - remember that the deadline is 30th September

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

Collsoft two quick questions Im not sure if you would know the answer to.

1 - can the employer pay the tax on behalf of the employees but have the amount of debt warehoused? Couple of clients want to pay the tax due by the employees but wont be able to pay it by the end of sept?

2 - whats the liklyhood of the end of sept deadline been extended?

Thanks in advance.

CF

Many thanks @collsoft they are not much given employers much notice to plan

Hi @capefear

Yes indeed you can use the debt warehouse for any employee TWSS tax liability payments that you make provided the employer is paying the liability to Revenue directly (as opposed to paying the employee)

When the employer pays the liability directly to Revenue they do it by posting a December 2020 Payroll Submission on ROS which simply increases your December Liability which is then warehoused.

In terms of a possible extension - No I do not this is likely. Revenue told us last Friday that they may allow a day or two for employers to finish this up, but that they wouldn't be extending the deadline.

I think that is because its now starting to feed into the self assessed tax returns and there wont be any more time to facilitate this past 1st October

• Advertisement

The Government have announced that EWSS will continue to operate unchanged for the month of October - no change to eligibility, rates or bands.

Nothing has been decided for how EWSS will operate after that for now, but it is expected to be clarified in the Budget on 12th October

Advertisement